Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 164

Author Topic: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)  (Read 198290 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)
« Reply #1125 on: November 17, 2016, 07:16:40 am »

Russia just decided to ban LinkedIn for violating privacy rights. No more LinkedIn for Russia.

Russia withdraws from the International Criminal Court

It is an interesting development. Are they expecting some unfavourable decisions?
Well the UN did say they wanted investigationed opened into violations of Geneva Convention and Human Rights in Syria, like the bombing of schools, hospitals and Doctors Without Borders.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 07:18:37 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: November 17, 2016, 07:26:01 am »

Russia withdraws from the International Criminal Court

It is an interesting development. Are they expecting some unfavourable decisions?
They've withdrawn because of such "unfavourable decision", IIRC the ICC has decided in the couple past days that Crimea annexation was an act of war against Ukraine, which is very "well, duh", but current Russian government is absolutely obsessed with keeping that thin veneer of being technically not in the complete wrong. At least, that's what the news headlines here have said.
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: November 17, 2016, 03:00:32 pm »

Jeez, I wish the Belgian government would ban LinkedIn as well. Only thing the damn thing ever did for me was compromising a password I used for other websites as well. And spam my inbox.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: November 30, 2016, 10:58:55 am »

Meanwhile Ukrainian military will conduct exercises tomorrow. The plan is too shoot some missiles targeting Ukrainian territorial waters near Crimea.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 01, 2016, 01:12:18 am »

Welp, this year shapes to be a total disaster and rout for the forces of liberty.

OPEC claims to control like 3/4 of all crude oil reserves and about 40 % of current production? Seems the decision didnt effect oil price (Brent) much yet. Still several dollars lower than it was a month ago. Higher oil price would be good news for Russia, Saudis and US fracking industry though. And Canada yeah.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 01, 2016, 01:23:59 am »

Yay, that's great news. Canada's economy will improve considerably as a result.
...the defeat is even worse than I thought, nooooooo! Now the Canadians will be able to finally fund their invasion into USA, enslaving Americans and torturing them with excessive amounts of maple syrup!

[/s]

Seriously, when did Canada turn into an oil-based economy? I thought that, barring Norway, which is a unique basket case, Western countries were better than that.
._.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: December 01, 2016, 04:05:34 am »

Meanwhile, Ukraine is conducting a missile exercise near Crimea. In response, Russia has threatened to shoot down any missile that flies into the Crimean airspace.

I hope neither side will shoot down any airliners in the process. Both Russia and Ukraine have a pretty great track record in that. :P

EDIT: Only now I've found that UR has already posted about it, but whatever.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 04:21:50 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: December 01, 2016, 08:00:21 am »

Russia just wants friends!

To be fair, they'd probably be less inclined towards being hostile if they can just do what they've been doing and help get as many pro-Putin people into power in other countries.
Putin obviously knows that his country cannot survive a Cold War 2.0, of course he doesn't want any conflict! At least, any conflict not sanctioned by the Kremlin...

EDIT: Some interesting new findings about Turkish people, from a survey:

Quote from: what the fuck
A recent survey about the lifestyle and attitudes of Turkish people has revealed intriguing results, with a large majority of people – 84 percent – saying that the best thing they do to pass the time is "watching TV." Almost half of respondents admitted that they never do exercise, even walking.

The survey, which was conducted by the Ipsos KMG Research and Consultancy Company with almost 16,000 people across Turkey and published in daily Posta, also revealed that 96 percent of Turks have never seen an opera or ballet in their lives.
Quote from: short summary of key points, also WHAT THE FUCK
24% "never listen to music". 45% "never read a book". 68% "never surf the internet". 56% "never go to a cinema". 56% "never had any photos taken, other than head shots for IDs and such"

84% has their main and favorite hobby as "watching TV". 69% of men and 57% of women think women should need their husband's permission to work. 20% of men and 18% of women think women can be slapped if necessary.

94% has never been abroad on vacation. 46% has never been on vacation within the country either.
What the fuck?!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 08:06:40 am by Sergarr »
._.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1134 on: December 01, 2016, 08:13:49 am »

Quote from: short summary of key points, also WHAT THE FUCK
24% "never listen to music". 45% "never read a book". 68% "never surf the internet". 56% "never go to a cinema". 56% "never had any photos taken, other than head shots for IDs and such"

84% has their main and favorite hobby as "watching TV". 69% of men and 57% of women think women should need their husband's permission to work. 20% of men and 18% of women think women can be slapped if necessary.

94% has never been abroad on vacation. 46% has never been on vacation within the country either.
What the fuck?!
BUT TURKEY IS A MODERN COUNTRY THAT CAN INTO EU IT IS VERY WESTERN AND EVERYONE IS VERY MUCH HAPPY HERE. YES VERY MUCH SECULAR TOO.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: December 01, 2016, 08:18:28 am »

I wonder and fear how those polls would compare if ran in the US.

Though I myself have never been to an opera or ballet either, and that's also a weird thing to ask.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: December 01, 2016, 08:25:11 am »

Though I myself have never been to an opera or ballet either, and that's also a weird thing to ask.
Does a theater play count?

EDIT: Some weird shit is still going on in Russian-Turkey relations:
Quote from: translated to English from Russian Foreign Ministry official representative's facebook here - https://www.facebook.com/maria.zakharova.167/posts/10211642338443699
The Turkish press reports that Lavrov at a press conference said that "a blow to the Turkish position has been caused by the Syrian army". The minister said exactly the opposite: neither Russia nor Syria shot on Turkish positions. Representatives of the Turkish Foreign Ministry explained the error of its media by features of the Turkish language and translation difficulties.
Yeah, "translation difficulties". Riiiiiiight.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 08:34:51 am by Sergarr »
._.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: December 01, 2016, 08:31:06 am »

I havent been to an opera either but I've watched through many recorded operas and a ballet... Does that count?  :P

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: December 01, 2016, 08:42:49 am »

Does a theater play count?
To the question or to me? I've seen theater before, yeah.

Now that I think about it, I also once saw an interpretive dance show, so I guess I've like half-seen a ballet.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: December 01, 2016, 08:46:33 am »

The closest I've ever come to ballet is the Black Swan and Billy Elliot. Never seen an opera, unless musicals county, in which case I still haven't seen anyone live (that I can remember).
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 164