Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 164

Author Topic: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)  (Read 198378 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)
« Reply #1185 on: December 20, 2016, 03:35:34 pm »

I know Britian has done the brexit and all, but they aren't technically exited from the EU yet, I don't think.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: December 20, 2016, 03:38:24 pm »

That was a "Europe in general, not European Union" comment, if that's what you were commenting about.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: December 20, 2016, 03:56:05 pm »

Some Turkish media are now blaming the assassination of the Russian ambassador on the Gülen movement, supported by the CIA.
This seems very unlikely. The shooter, a 22-year old member of the Turkish police, had been suspended from his duties after the coup attempt on accusation of having ties to the FETO (Gülen movement), but he was cleared and reinstated. This would not have happened if the suspicions had been serious.
http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/aanslag-in-ankara-daar-moet-gulen-van-weten~a4437577/
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: December 20, 2016, 04:03:55 pm »

Some Turkish media are now blaming the assassination of the Russian ambassador on the Gülen movement, supported by the CIA.
This seems very unlikely. The shooter, a 22-year old member of the Turkish police, had been suspended from his duties after the coup attempt on accusation of having ties to the FETO (Gülen movement), but he was cleared and reinstated. This would not have happened if the suspicions had been serious.
http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/aanslag-in-ankara-daar-moet-gulen-van-weten~a4437577/

Not surprised that some are blaming it on that over flimsy evidence. State media are also saying that the attacker has al-quaeda books in his home, but singular assasinations aren't part of their playbook. Al-Qaeda isn't known for targeted assasinations.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: December 20, 2016, 04:08:34 pm »

It'll be interesting to see who the blame gets put on in the end.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: December 20, 2016, 04:16:59 pm »

Why not both?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: December 20, 2016, 04:38:12 pm »

Because they aren't the same thing? Though public opinion and what the state says could certainly differ.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: December 20, 2016, 06:05:29 pm »

Whomever allows them to spin it to their advantage best in terms of public face/propaganda.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: December 20, 2016, 10:57:19 pm »

the "Gülen" stuff reminds me of the "anti revolutionary" that always happens in revolutions. its the nonexistent or distant other to blame everything on. always looks ludicrous in hindsight. but no one dares challenge comrade Erdogan.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: December 20, 2016, 11:30:36 pm »

the "Gülen" stuff reminds me of the "anti revolutionary" that always happens in revolutions. its the nonexistent or distant other to blame everything on. always looks ludicrous in hindsight. but no one dares challenge comrade Erdogan.
Of course not.  That would make you a Gülenist, and that's the last thing you want to be.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: December 20, 2016, 11:59:57 pm »

In the meantime, the Internet continues to manufacture memes about the ambassador tragedy:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: December 21, 2016, 12:03:21 am »

After ebola-chan, I decided to just never be surprised again.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: December 21, 2016, 12:13:54 am »

the M&B one was pretty good i have to say.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1198 on: December 21, 2016, 12:58:50 am »

Continues? All of these were on 4chan on first day, and that's the wrong pistol, IIRC, so those are most proably from /pol/ or some other shitty board, since /k/ had a raging shitstorm about what he used and their version is fixed. The actual gun was most proably some variant of Canik TP9, the gun that is very commonly used by Turkish police.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: December 21, 2016, 01:02:39 am »

Yes it looks like a Walther or its copy to me too. Turkey has very extensive small arms industry of its own, though most products are license copies of western products.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 164