Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1065 1066 [1067] 1068 1069 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 882547 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #15990 on: April 13, 2016, 11:34:40 pm »

Wait, BOXWOOD's Tactician Perk lets him choose which stat to debug at time of casting! If that's still allowed, just have that for buffs, and a single Level 6 Buffing Action.
I don't want to make Elf cry emp. :P

As for the critique... WF was what me and Elf agreed on and I think it's good given that Physical damage should be quite prevelant.
HEA I don't really want to buff to much more since it's already healing nearly a tenth of his HP.

As for the moves, I do agree that they're pretty powerful and make for a boring move set but we lack dedicated buffers at the moment and I don't mind playing support.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15991 on: April 13, 2016, 11:37:37 pm »

I'm making an Offensively Geared Buffer actually, but I'm also quite busy, so yeah :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #15992 on: April 13, 2016, 11:44:19 pm »

Wait, BOXWOOD's Tactician Perk lets him choose which stat to debug at time of casting! If that's still allowed, just have that for buffs, and a single Level 6 Buffing Action.
I don't want to make Elf cry emp. :P

As for the critique... WF was what me and Elf agreed on and I think it's good given that Physical damage should be quite prevelant.
HEA I don't really want to buff to much more since it's already healing nearly a tenth of his HP.

As for the moves, I do agree that they're pretty powerful and make for a boring move set but we lack dedicated buffers at the moment and I don't mind playing support.

>we lack dedicated buffers
>volx is literally a walking floating buff machine
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #15993 on: April 13, 2016, 11:47:22 pm »

So, this works out great. Three buffers to three plots!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #15994 on: April 13, 2016, 11:49:19 pm »

tbf Haruki is actually more supportive

yeah she has a lot of options to boost up her damage output but her main job is just eating damage
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15995 on: April 13, 2016, 11:51:22 pm »

Good lord, it's like getting jumped into a gang. Except with recommendations to buff Actions instead of the usual affair, probably due to the whole "playing as a Buffer" bit.

Now we just need rules for drive-by buffing :P

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #15996 on: April 14, 2016, 03:54:34 am »

Wilson is Lawful Neutral and Eirika is Neutral Good, I believe.
Mio is Lawful Good, Penelope is Neutral Good. Probably.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #15997 on: April 14, 2016, 04:53:27 am »

Pluton is Chaotic Neutral, Garnt is prolly Neutral something or other, I dunno.

I'm not actually particularly well-acquainted with the DnD alignment system :P

also hooray for plots
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15998 on: April 14, 2016, 05:03:36 am »

What DnD alignments are your characters?
Both are Neutral Good.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15999 on: April 14, 2016, 05:04:19 am »

Alanis is Chaotic Good.

6AR is Neutral something.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New Sheet for Alanis
« Reply #16000 on: April 14, 2016, 05:05:57 am »

Currently an early draft and not entirely finished. Could you check it for balance, please?
Spoiler: Cyrielle Taylor (click to show/hide)
Looks good enough. Of course, I haven't seen the Distortion Token mechanic in action, so we'll know then, but this seems decent.
Okay so, Empi has spoken so much about the Alanis and had those suggestions ignored enough times that they have decided to just have all further discussion of the matter in-character. Here is my sheet. It is mine by sheer virtue of the fact that my name has been plastered onto it enough times.

But really, this is Alanis' sheet. A complete rewrite of it.

Fate-Linked is Untapped Potential
Stockpiled Magic is a summoning perk. Think of it as a cross between between Alice's spell level system and Dackly's hatred stacks, except the stacks are on Alanis and she spends those instead of health.
Sniper is entirely optional.

Consolidate Distortion is really just a summoning action. Distortion Tokens are Alanis' Constructs.
Reactive Armor is a rerepresentation of Force Construct's Interpose. Think of it as Kinetic Shell but less random, easier to calculate, and more balanced.
Fate of All Life is Attach.
Unload is WHY DID I THINK ALL-CAPS WAS A GOOD IDEA?. Think of it as her ordering a ground of her Constructs to dogpile on someone.
Lock-On is because you can't trust your fellow man to actually do anything half-competent, in this case, buffing.

There. Alanis is a Summoner, not represented the usual way, but still a summoner. Her sheet is now more approved than even the oh so high bar of acceptance you normally get with it. She's still capable of performing her most useful utility action and dealing high burst damage, and she has most of her Summon-based capabilities now, albeit actually looking somewhat balanced for once, and having a nice child-proof cap to prevent accidental abuse (can't Deep Pass everything if your minions are represented as tokens rather than actual summons).

You could probably even renegotiate some of her actions so that their upgrades or base power is higher to free up some of those action points. But if you start making the formulas any more complicated, everyone will stab you, which is to say everyone will say that they will stab you, and then Alanis will run the risk of just being killed off in a plot.

Think of this as a prototype of sorts, an alternative to the current summoning-based minion system that you will have the dubious honor of play testing. Remember when you said you wanted to beta-test, new system ideas? Well here's your chance, all you have to do is hand over your sheet so Elf can rip it apart~
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 05:17:48 am by Empiricist »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16001 on: April 14, 2016, 05:54:11 am »

did you have to use that painful shade of dark blue
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16002 on: April 14, 2016, 05:56:28 am »

Okay so, Empi has spoken so much about the Alanis and had those suggestions ignored enough times that they have decided to just have all further discussion of the matter in-character. Here is my sheet. It is mine by sheer virtue of the fact that my name has been plastered onto it enough times.

But really, this is Alanis' sheet. A complete rewrite of it.

Fate-Linked is Untapped Potential
Stockpiled Magic is a summoning perk. Think of it as a cross between between Alice's spell level system and Dackly's hatred stacks, except the stacks are on Alanis and she spends those instead of health.
Sniper is entirely optional.

Consolidate Distortion is really just a summoning action. Distortion Tokens are Alanis' Constructs.
Reactive Armor is a rerepresentation of Force Construct's Interpose. Think of it as Kinetic Shell but less random, easier to calculate, and more balanced.
Fate of All Life is Attach.
Unload is WHY DID I THINK ALL-CAPS WAS A GOOD IDEA?. Think of it as her ordering a ground of her Constructs to dogpile on someone.
Lock-On is because you can't trust your fellow man to actually do anything half-competent, in this case, buffing.

There. Alanis is a Summoner, not represented the usual way, but still a summoner. Her sheet is now more approved than even the oh so high bar of acceptance you normally get with it. She's still capable of performing her most useful utility action and dealing high burst damage, and she has most of her Summon-based capabilities now, albeit actually looking somewhat balanced for once, and having a nice child-proof cap to prevent accidental abuse (can't Deep Pass everything if your minions are represented as tokens rather than actual summons).

You could probably even renegotiate some of her actions so that their upgrades or base power is higher to free up some of those action points. But if you start making the formulas any more complicated, everyone will stab you, which is to say everyone will say that they will stab you, and then Alanis will run the risk of just being killed off in a plot.

Think of this as a prototype of sorts, an alternative to the current summoning-based minion system that you will have the dubious honor of play testing. Remember when you said you wanted to beta-test, new system ideas? Well here's your chance, all you have to do is hand over your sheet so Elf can rip it apart~
Quoted to be readable.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16003 on: April 14, 2016, 05:57:08 am »

Oh, does it lack contrast with the background in darkling? Sorry I didn't know, since back I used that color a lot, I don't think anyone mentioned it was bad with that theme.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16004 on: April 14, 2016, 05:57:33 am »

What I'm wondering is why you made it in a color to begin with.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 1065 1066 [1067] 1068 1069 ... 1328