Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 883411 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Accepting players.
« Reply #1305 on: November 06, 2015, 01:43:29 pm »

Also, that might be way too OP for some combinations to even be permitted. Gozer with a Stand might not be so bad, and neither would, say, John with a Aura.

Give Mio a Semblance and an Aura, with her already powerful Mankai buff, and you have some potential issues. :P

Let me sort some things out and give a few examples...

Magic: most Undead cant use magic in any form (other then enchantments), that is a basic rule of undead, but Lichs, Vampires, Mummys, and spirits can, Why? because they have a Mind (Most of the time) and a Soul.

Soul: A Familier is a part of the Wisard's soul, And the mage takes the same damage it takes, which normally means death if the Familier dies and dismemberment if it is dismembered. This parallels with Stands, both take the same harm, one is just somewhat more benign in form.
For Magic: That depends on what you quantify as 'undead'. Garnt is an undead, but he can use magic, and he doesn't fit your categories; if anything, he's closest to a revenant. Magic also comes in different forms: I doubt somewhat that Alan can use Mankai, in the same way I doubt Mio could use his ice magic, because they are completely different things under the same name.

For Soul: Also not necessarily true. Familiars are basically sentient animals, Stands are personifications of fighting spirits. Different concepts, different ideas, and Familiars are not gained the same way, to boot. Also, the structure of a soul could basically be different as well across worlds, depending on what the lore states.

I'm personally going to champion not trying to combine stuff, as some of the lores you're going to attempt to combine really are incompatible.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: November 06, 2015, 01:43:44 pm »

Like i said, I am going with the explanation that dust takes a certain alignment of soul energy that people outside of RWBY haven't achieved.
If your counting priests and mages, You are probably wrong, if you are skipping all 'Magic users' from D&D you are mostly right.

And the undead of DarkSouls are formed by that curse thing that will cause them to go insane eventually, have souls, and have free will.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 01:46:10 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: November 06, 2015, 01:45:18 pm »

Stands are also gained by being stabbed with a Stand(I know that's not what it's actually called, alright?) arrow though, aren't they?
So that's something to think about, I guess.
Let me sort some things out and give a few examples...

Magic: most Undead cant use magic in any form (other then enchantments), that is a basic rule of undead, but Lichs, Vampires, Mummys, and spirits can, Why? because they have a Mind (Most of the time) and a Soul.

Soul: A Familier is a part of the Wisard's soul, And the mage takes the same damage it takes, which normally means death if the Familier dies and dismemberment if it is dismembered. This parallels with Stands, both take the same harm, one is just somewhat more benign in form.
Lemme sort some things out for you...
Just because two things are called a Soul in two different universes doesn't mean they function in quite the same way. For example, DnD souls may not(and probably can't) be able to generate Aura because it's a thing specific to RWBY.
Sure, it may be generated(I guess? Or provided or something) by something called a Soul, but that doesn't mean DnD souls can provide it.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: November 06, 2015, 01:46:43 pm »

And, after some googling, a Familiar is different from a Stand. They're just normal animals given magical powers by wizards. Definitely nothing like Stands.

Blitz's argument also has merit. It's the same way Magic differs in Alan's world, Dragonlance, Yuki Yuna and Azeroth, despite being named the same exact thing.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: November 06, 2015, 01:48:50 pm »

I believe you need to be born with a semblance though so Mio can't develop it. And technically, everyone already has their aura in a way. Else they would actually take wounds when fighting. :p

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: November 06, 2015, 01:49:17 pm »

I am going to be very cautious with my Worldmixing, and initially, stands seemed like a safe one to consider.  Definately going to attempt to get Dackly a Power armor from the metroid universe if at all possible, the explanation for others not being able to use them was Samus having the Chozo DNA to be flexible enough for ball form, IIRC and Dackly is as flexible as a snake.

I also now have a third plan for Operation Metroid best friend, with the Metroid statue, I can Try to diplomacy it, Steal it's essence if a trespasser really consumed it, or Have Garn't Put it's recovered Soul into the metroid statue.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 01:51:01 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: November 06, 2015, 01:50:10 pm »

>Being a glorious transhuman monster.
>Take wounds while fighting.

Top kek.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: November 06, 2015, 01:52:07 pm »

I believe you need to be born with a semblance though so Mio can't develop it.
Could've sworn you just need to have an activated Aura. I could be wrong though, as they're not clear on that topic just yet.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: November 06, 2015, 01:53:27 pm »

Magic in Alria's world works from either drawing on the Dominions of the long gone Old Gods or having a shard of the Shattered God in you. Thankfully Alria has none of these things.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: November 06, 2015, 02:03:24 pm »

didn't you notice when finsib knew about Disney? or his explanation to Alan of how he knew? he has basically stated that he knows about many worlds and many things on them...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: November 06, 2015, 02:04:25 pm »

didn't you notice when finsib knew about Disney? or his explanation to Alan of how he knew? he says he basicly has stated that he knows about many worlds and many things on them...
Knowing =/= being able to do. Again, using Mio as an example, he would never be able to use the same magic Heroes use, nor would he be able to use Aura or Semblances as those are things he simply just cannot do.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: November 06, 2015, 02:05:03 pm »

Yeah but he is a wizard, that's par for the course. Kinda like Merlin and Genie from their respective movies.

And one interesting thing is that Dackly and Gozer's abilities are impossible to use for not only people not from their world, but for 99% of their world's population as well.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: November 06, 2015, 02:57:28 pm »

D&D characters occasionally have all of them, What use would the spell 'Read Aura' have if that was not true? a Wisards familiar is a stand for all intents and purposes, and Adam causes almost the same results as a potion of random mutation.
No they don't. Aura in DnD =/= Aura in RWBY. By that logic, Mio's magic is the same as Alan's. Which it clearly isn't.
Except favored souls?
I suppose this depends on how adaptable your character is, whether they can hold mutually contradicting paradigms in their very self to Make Things Work.  If it doesn't require biology.

So basically, I'm saying, maybe if you train hard enough.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 03:00:17 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: November 06, 2015, 03:24:18 pm »

Like i said, I am going with the explanation that dust takes a certain alignment of soul energy that people outside of RWBY haven't achieved.
If your counting priests and mages, You are probably wrong, if you are skipping all 'Magic users' from D&D you are mostly right.

And the undead of DarkSouls are formed by that curse thing that will cause them to go insane eventually, have souls, and have free will.
But what about my ghoul character?
thincake

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: November 06, 2015, 03:24:48 pm »

But what about my ghoul character?
That you haven't made?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 1328