Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 883982 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Accepting players.
« Reply #2865 on: November 22, 2015, 01:31:05 pm »

May I edit my actions to clarify the numbers on them Sanure? I'm asking so I don't cause a "Dispell magic" incident.

You can if you want.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: November 22, 2015, 01:31:56 pm »

Well then.  SLdSYN it is.
Disrupt Magic is going to roll like a standard opposed roll until it outpaces standard opposed rolls, though.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:33:42 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: November 22, 2015, 01:32:17 pm »

Alright, here's what he means.
Fireball, for example, would probably do 1d8+SYN damage, and since it's AoE it might do so to SYN enemies.. Blinding Light would apply the Blind status effect to enemies, giving them a 20% chance to miss for... I dunno, 1d4 turns?

Electric Shock would do 1d6 damage and have a so-and-so % chance of inflicting paralysis or something, which would stop all physical enemy actions for so and so turns.
Y'know, stuff like that.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: November 22, 2015, 01:35:52 pm »

Or like what Blitz said. I tend to just use 1d4+STAT for anything not with numbers.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: November 22, 2015, 01:37:02 pm »

Or like what Blitz said. I tend to just use 1d4+STAT for anything not with numbers.
I assumed it was {whatever the equipped weapon's dice is}+STAT+{bonuses from stat} for the damage.

If that's not the case, I'm going to have to buff Mio's attacks.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: November 22, 2015, 01:41:11 pm »

Force Push:  1d6 +SYN
Force Shell:  Shield with Block equal to 1d6 +syn
Disrupt magic:  Syn vs. Syn to end an ongoing magic effect.
Fireball: 2d4 damage against two targets +deals half damage for two turns after.
Blinding light:  Two targets lose 2 Dex
Suggestion in place of the upgraded force push/shell:  Empower spell:  Increases next spell's damage dice by one size.
Flash freeze:  Remove in favor of splitting up Fireball and Blinding light.
Electromagnetic interference:  Shock two enemies for 1d4 damage and stun them, or Remove two STR from two enemies. Effect is doubled on robots or other metal beings and halved on beings not using metal items.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: November 22, 2015, 01:42:26 pm »

Robots, just die instantly if Alan magnetizes the hard drive...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: November 22, 2015, 01:43:11 pm »

.....this assumes they even use one or they haven't used phlebotinum to be immune to those shenanigans. :P

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: November 22, 2015, 01:44:21 pm »

But that wouldn't be balanced and would discourage GMs from using Robotic enemies if they knew that someone outright kills them. Thus the proposed double effect against not just them but also anything that's encased in metal like a robot.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: November 22, 2015, 01:45:37 pm »

Wouldn't be balanced?  If you teleported an electromagnet into the hard drive, it would be similarly kill...
Sigtext

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: November 22, 2015, 01:46:39 pm »

-Level 1 Gozer Dozer: Gozer Runs over whoever is in his way, dealing 1dSTR Melee damage.

-Level 1 Free Statue: Gozer Negates a Melee attack entirely, spending one statue point.

-Level 1 Snakebutt: Dackly uses Magic to headbutt an opponent harshly with snakes, has a chance to poison.  Deals 1dSYN damage, for Headbutt and Poison, Roll 1d20+SYN verses 1d20+CON, if poisoned, Roll 1dSYNxLevel for turns poisoned.

-Level 1 Move Blockhead!: Dackly shoves Gozer with Magic, avoiding an attack, Roll 1d20+SYN verses 1d20+DEX

-Level 2 Petrify: Dackly deals Magic damage and petrifies an enemy, stunning them for a few turns, if the enemy dies from Petrify, they become a statue permanently, but if they die while petrified, the statue breaks.  Petrification chance grows with each use in a row on the same target.  Roll 1d4xSYN for damage, GM may add or remove damage based on Dackly's disposition to the enemy.  Save Against Petrification, 4d6+SYN+Times Used Verses 2d10+RES, Enemy may incur Penalties based on fear at the GM's Discretion.  To break out of a statue, roll 1d20+SYN Verses 1d20+RES

-Level 2 More Free Statues: Gozer Places down a statue, Spending a Statue Point in the process, this statue point has his current statue points as Health, and blocks attacks and movement through it. The statue releases life force, crying or bleeding mildly healing water.  Interacting with a Crying Statue restores 1dStatue Points Health, And can be done once per turn for free if near a statue, along with a normal action.

-Level 1 Demi: Deals 25% of enemy's remaining HP rounding down, cannot kill, Gozer uses gravity to turn the enemy's weight against them, The save is 4d6+SYN Verses 1d20+STR
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:49:24 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: November 22, 2015, 01:49:49 pm »

Wouldn't be balanced?  If you teleported an electromagnet into the hard drive, it would be similarly kill...
And there's no one who can do that. If there were someone who could do that I'd suggest an alternative that still makes sense but as there is no need for it the point is moot.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: November 22, 2015, 01:51:17 pm »

I assumed it was {whatever the equipped weapon's dice is}+STAT+{bonuses from stat} for the damage.

If that's not the case, I'm going to have to buff Mio's attacks.

Typically this is what I do for damage. Some cases are special, though, and I tend to figure out the best dice for it.

-Level 1 Gozer Dozer: Gozer Runs over whoever is in his way, dealing 1dSTR Melee damage.

-Level 1 Free Statue: Gozer Negates a Melee attack entirely, spending one statue point.

-Level 1 Snakebutt: Dackly uses Magic to headbutt an opponent harshly with snakes, has a chance to poison.  Deals 1dSYN damage, for Headbutt and Poison, Roll 1d20+SYN verses 1d20+CON, if poisoned, Roll 1dSYNxLevel for turns poisoned.

-Level 1 Move Blockhead!: Dackly shoves Gozer with Magic, avoiding an attack, Roll 1d20+SYN verses 1d20+DEX

-Level 2 Petrify: Dackly deals Magic damage and petrifies an enemy, stunning them for a few turns, if the enemy dies from Petrify, they become a statue permanently, but if they die while petrified, the statue breaks.  Petrification chance grows with each use in a row on the same target.  Roll 1d4xSYN for damage, GM may add or remove damage based on Dackly's disposition to the enemy.  Save Against Petrification, 4d6+SYN+Times Used Verses 2d10+RES, Enemy may incur Penalties based on fear at the GM's Discretion.  To break out of a statue, roll 1d20+SYN Verses 1d20+RES

-Level 2 More Free Statues: Gozer Places down a statue, Spending a Statue Point in the process, this statue point has his current statue points as Health, and blocks attacks and movement through it. The statue releases life force, crying or bleeding mildly healing water.  Interacting with a Crying Statue restores 1dStatue Points Health, And can be done once per turn for free if near a statue, along with a normal action.

-Level 1 Demi: Deals 25% of enemy's remaining HP rounding down, cannot kill, Gozer uses gravity to turn the enemy's weight against them, The save is 4d6+SYN Verses 1d20+STR

@Shade, this looks good although it's supposed to be 3d6 for any kind of opposed roll >.>. Elf, what do you think?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:53:05 pm by Sanure »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: November 22, 2015, 01:52:44 pm »

And there's no one who can do that. If there were someone who could do that I'd suggest an alternative that still makes sense but as there is no need for it the point is moot.
Alternatively, unplugging the HDD.  Whatshisface can do that.  The necromancer.  With the ghosts.  Heck, Alan probably could if he knew where it was.

The point is, attacking a weak point is a valid way to take down an enemy.
Sigtext

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: November 22, 2015, 01:53:02 pm »

Looks alright to me.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 1328