Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 879433 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Accepting players.
« Reply #2895 on: November 22, 2015, 02:10:30 pm »

consider the following, HDD attacks work in real life because they use and are protected by real things.

Literally any well respecting combat robot builder would also know to use raritanium and phazon shielding, or enchant the circuits to resist all magic.

Even if you could do that, it would only be to completely absolutely mundane robots.  and wouldn't you know, in this game. there aren't any of those.

And don't even get me started on robots that are abstractly "too strong" for that to work.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: November 22, 2015, 02:11:00 pm »

Alan having to get lucky and actually hit the hard drive with his magnet.

I'll add EMP shielding and SSD drives as a back up point.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: November 22, 2015, 02:11:31 pm »

I think the point here is that an attack on an actual HDD would literally be almost far too rare to matter as they could be shielded, have different constructions, etc.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: November 22, 2015, 02:14:46 pm »

Also, for people who want to know the Opposed roll formula It's [3d6+Stat+Bonus+Situational Bonus (hencforth SB) vs 3d6+Stat+Bonus+SB]

An example of a Situation Bonus is A robotics expert versus a scientist. The Robotics expert gets a +4 to their roll, where the scientist gets a +1
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: November 22, 2015, 02:15:05 pm »

Yes, and?  If he hits, it has a probability approaching 1 that it works, because physics, and if he misses, nothing happens.  If someone's implemented antimagic, that would be an opposed SYN roll...But yeah, again, all or nothing.

I'll add EMP shielding and SSD drives as a back up point.
Fair, again, but EMP shielding shouldn't make it impossible but instead raise the difficulty.

I think the point here is that an attack on an actual HDD would literally be almost far too rare to matter as they could be shielded, have different constructions, etc.
And I'm saying that it could still happen, as rare or not that it is or isn't, and that when it does happen it should resolve accordingly.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: November 22, 2015, 02:15:23 pm »

What about a robotics student? :P

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: November 22, 2015, 02:19:17 pm »

So... do I or do I not need to change my Skill calcs? Cause for a lot of them, they are either level 2 or involve ONLY dealing a status effect, but at the same time, GM1 gave a maybe, and GM two gave a yes.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: November 22, 2015, 02:43:28 pm »

So... do I or do I not need to change my Skill calcs? Cause for a lot of them, they are either level 2 or involve ONLY dealing a status effect, but at the same time, GM1 gave a maybe, and GM two gave a yes.

Eh, you're good. Don't worry about it to much :P

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: November 22, 2015, 02:46:31 pm »

Oh I just figured it out, GM knows my character better than I do.  My perk has been procing this whole time and I never noticed it.  The Metroid and dove statues mysteriously appearing are from other statues breaking aren't they?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: November 22, 2015, 02:48:35 pm »

Yes.

Except he didn't put the time, and he has no research either.

Also, the technology is alien enough that he'd likely need more than just a bit of luck and some knowhow.... >_>
so all the initial modifications that allowed him to tap into the security, map, and cargo statuses mean jackshit?
last I knew those DID have interaction with the crystal, at the very least indirectly. therefore, this should at least be equivalent to taking the next step.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: November 22, 2015, 02:53:52 pm »

Oh I just figured it out, GM knows my character better than I do.  My perk has been procing this whole time and I never noticed it.  The Metroid and dove statues mysteriously appearing are from other statues breaking aren't they?
It has, and yes.

No, ENG did figure out how to tap into it. Not on moddifying or completly Hi-jacking it. And yes, this is the first step to it. You are getting a conditional of +1 with Gem-Tech.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: November 22, 2015, 02:54:25 pm »

I know this seems like a poor decision, but consider the following, which one is worth attempting more,  asking periw how to interface with her tech rationally, even though she is guaranteed to say no, but might respect ENG an iota more for asking, or continuing to try and brute force it, which is what set all of those hateful things in motion?

Seems like you would get a much better response out of asking about it normally.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: November 22, 2015, 02:55:21 pm »

I know this seems like a poor decision, but consider the following, which one is worth attempting more,  asking periw how to interface with her tech rationally, even though she is guaranteed to say no, but might respect ENG an iota more for asking, or continuing to try and brute force it, which is what set all of those hateful things in motion?

Seems like you would get a much better response out of asking about it normally.

She diffinitely won't hate ENG more for asking her. I mean, She will say no, but you can't make her hate you more this route..

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: November 22, 2015, 03:02:54 pm »

Dackly's plan is to be furniture, she is unsure how Periw will respond to this, but is trying to interact with, and not antagonize her.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 1328