Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 879408 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #5610 on: December 21, 2015, 05:41:42 am »

alanis found made a portal gun
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: December 21, 2015, 05:52:14 am »

Firstly, I'm going to slap the person who gave him that. *suddenly, PN is sentenced to the realm of a thousand tentacles*

Secondly.....you're going to have to be more specific.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: December 21, 2015, 05:53:09 am »

0/10 not enough portals
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: December 21, 2015, 05:56:08 am »

I'll get the description as I wrote it, then?
((Totally Not An Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device:
Allows the bearer to place two portals, coded blue and orange, on flat surfaces.  These portals can be moved, and will eject anything that is currently inside the portal before closing and re-opening.  These portals are ~2m/6ft in height as judged by height being in the direction the user is facing along the surface which gains the portal, and ~1m/3ft in width on the perpendicular axis.

Portals will automatically decay/'fizzle' should the device be more than 1000 m away from the portal, and can be manually removed.

Takes a gauntlet slot.

Nerf as appropriate.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: December 21, 2015, 06:06:06 am »

Are you serious? Okay, I am REALLY going to bite someone's ear off for allowing this through.

However, SINCE someone decided it would be an EXCELLENT idea to give someone a portal gun, I can't exactly just remove it yet, so I'm going to nerf it instead. These decisions are final, since Sanure decided to leave them to me without bothering to at least suggest some primary nerfs. If you want to dispute them, you may talk to him instead.

1. The portal gun automatically fails in battle. Way too useful in a fight to just remove enemies, which, considering the only fights we should be having anyway are INTENDED to be compulsory, shouldn't really be a thing ever. You're going to kill your enemies the old fashioned way unless the GM of the fight says you can do something else.
2. The portals automatically self-destruct if the gun leaves the dimension the portal is in, so no portals across, say, Eberron and Remnant. This applies to subdimensions (no portals between Port Island and Tartarus, no portals between Sinnoh and the Distortion World, etc.)
3. Timer. If there is a time change over half an hour in any plot where the portal is used, the portals are automatically closed and will need to be placed again. (I.E. If time changes from morning to afternoon, the portals placed will disappear.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: December 21, 2015, 06:08:05 am »

You can't "just remove" enemies on a battlemap.

As for the latter two, that's... Actually kinda expected.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: December 21, 2015, 06:14:01 am »

As an outsider, I'd suggest replacing the eject-upon-closed clause with something else or specify the amount of force (not velocity) placed upon it and what 'object' is defined as. Because right now, I'm thinking of a set-up involve two portals on lightweight pieces of plating. One of them is carried around, the other is moved so that an enormous heavy spike, or a cathedral spire, or the top of a skyscraper is poking into it.

Best-case scenario: you are now firing skycrapers, foundations and all at foes. Worst-case scenario: you can fire projectiles that have high mass or are too dangerous to touch.

Also, wow, haven't seen Elf pissed in a while :P
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 06:16:10 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: December 21, 2015, 06:16:07 am »

Actually, that would probably result in the plate just flying off.
It's minimum necessary force to avoid cutting things off.
Sigtext

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: December 21, 2015, 06:17:42 am »

It's not a pleasant thing to have when San decides to dump more stuff on me when I've just woken up from the first lie-in in six months I've had and he clearly had enough time to clear it up if he had time to post the posts dumping it on me.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: December 21, 2015, 06:18:31 am »

Actually, that would probably result in the plate just flying off.
It's minimum necessary force to avoid cutting things off.
It's probably best to specify that in the write-up then. Lest Rules as Written let people will things out of existence.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: December 21, 2015, 06:18:33 am »

It's not a pleasant thing to have when San decides to dump more stuff on me when I've just woken up from the first lie-in in six months I've had and he clearly had enough time to clear it up if he had time to post the posts dumping it on me.
I'm kinda annoyed at that myself.

==Revised Description==
Totally Not An Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device:
Allows the bearer to place two portals, coded blue and orange, on flat surfaces.  These portals can be moved, and will eject anything that is currently inside the portal before closing and re-opening.  These portals are ~2m/6ft in height as judged by height being in the direction the user is facing along the surface which gains the portal, and ~1m/3ft in width on the perpendicular axis.

Portals will automatically decay/'fizzle' should the device be more than 1000 m away from the portal, or should more than 30 minutes have passed since their creation, and can be manually removed.  Crossing dimensions or subdimensions automatically clears all portals.

May not be used to remove enemies from a battlemap-considered an automatic success on the DEX save.

When considering how things are ejected, the smaller object moves, and the least displacement option is taken.

Takes a gauntlet slot.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 06:39:48 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: December 21, 2015, 06:36:55 am »

AI Revolutionaries Freeform RP. Is that something that people might be interested in? Or do you guys only participate in something generic and trash full of highschoolers and anime tropes?

Stupid Anime Highschool RP?
I would be more interested in the AI Revolutionaries one, but would probably participate in either.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: December 21, 2015, 07:13:03 am »

Eh. I might be interested, but sci-fi isn't really my thing(unless AI means something drastically different to what I think it does), so I can't guarantee anything.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: December 21, 2015, 07:20:48 am »

Depends. If we're against the AI, I'm good. If not, nope.
Although given that I don't like RWBY, that's no guarantee of my non-participation.
thincake

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: December 21, 2015, 08:36:08 am »

k

also added new sections to the master sheet and i added twi, adragis and porkins' characters' stats onto it
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 1328