Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 883619 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #7171 on: January 17, 2016, 12:56:09 am »

surprisingly (if we're following stereotypes), the worst player at the LAN was actually an Asian.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7172 on: January 17, 2016, 12:57:14 am »

Please tell me that the teams you lost to were Russian.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7173 on: January 17, 2016, 05:50:49 am »

*You read the Multiverse game threads.
*You feel...something.

Curiosity has gotten the best of me. I plunged deep into the OOC and IC threads to see what this was all about, and I was surprised to find that it awoke this repressed nostalgia within me. I felt a hearkening back to the days of old-past, a time when I was young and innocent, when roleplaying was more about sequential non-sequitur and memorable characters, not trying to perfect the most rigid numerical system under the false banner of "fun". I viewed Twilight Academy and the Magical Girl games from afar in the same way that a privileged Westerner watches news coverage on a warn-torn failed state: detached, condescendingly, and with no sympathy as they collapse. I vowed never to return to that type of game, but something clicked in my brain.

No matter how much I tried to dismiss it as "not my kind of game", the pieces fit together: the dedicated open-ended character creation, the shout-outs and references to everything, the distasteful shipping, the furious infighting when the game turned on a path contrary to what a player had intended for their character, etc. I could not deny it any further: these were my type of games. I can sit atop my Ivory Tower and pretend to mock these games as I spend hours meticulously tallying city taxes and troop upkeep in some "complex" game for "sophisticated and experienced players only." (I'm not saying those types of games are bad, they're awesome actually, but anyone who categorizes types of roleplaying games in some sort of "inferior vs. superior" mindset is delusional.) I think these games are total nonsense, but nonsense that is artistic, innovative, funny, engaging, and most of all, fun.

After all, this was my longest-running and most successful game I've ever had the pleasure of GM'ing. It wasn't nearly as well thought out or neatly executed as this game, but there was always that beauty of the Multiverse. The number of games I've hosted since then that I've enjoyed not only GM'ing but just being a part of, would probably number somewhere in the range of one or two. Anyways, what was the point of all this? If it is possible, I'd like to be a part of this game. Whether I'm successful or not, I want to find that magic once again.

Spoiler: Summon Mode, Boss (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inomi the Emulator (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 10:04:28 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7174 on: January 17, 2016, 05:57:27 am »

Misinterpreted. Your actions are meant to be five, not including your basic attack and defense actions.

Also, you can go level up to level 5 because everyone is at that level bar about two people. That's 30 starting points, or 34; I'm a little shaky on that part. Apart from that, I'd buff up his skills a little, as you technically have about six or eight free skill level ups or four free new skills and a new perk.

APART from that, we'd be happy to have you onboard. Expect your character to be shipped within the first day.
Welcome to hell. Abandon all hope, ye who enter, for it is full of shipping. Expect shipping.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #7175 on: January 17, 2016, 07:32:28 am »

Hey, one of those two people is me! :<
I think.

Also, future (/future-fantasy RWBY-style?) footballer (the American kind not the not-American kind) who talks a mile a minute. I dig it. Go team! What is his team? You didn't name his team!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 07:38:07 am by Twi »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7176 on: January 17, 2016, 07:55:00 am »

i'm slightly intimidated
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7179 on: January 17, 2016, 11:48:42 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Summon Mode, Boss (click to show/hide)

Looks good to me. You can start at level 5 if you want which will have you at 34 total stat points. You need another Two Actions and you can take either 4 new actions or upgrade a total of 8 actions (they can be upgrade up to your level) if you do start at level 5. Also, you will have a new perk since level 5.

I look forward to seeing you In Game.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7180 on: January 17, 2016, 11:51:18 am »

...Yay!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7181 on: January 17, 2016, 11:53:27 am »

His character was very well written. Plus..... Football Knight! It's so frickin' unique!

EDIT: Oh! TCM, what worldscape does Aesford come from?
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7182 on: January 17, 2016, 11:56:21 am »

His character was very well written. Plus..... Football Knight! It's so frickin' unique!
Yep!

How is he going to get here???
Sigtext

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7183 on: January 17, 2016, 12:00:47 pm »

Sudden Vortex depositing him on the ship.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7184 on: January 17, 2016, 12:01:57 pm »

Or in Mio's house, for that matter.
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 1328