Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 883204 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #8190 on: January 25, 2016, 07:43:23 pm »

Modern Japan as in, the first one except without the possibility of foreign relations being a factor.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8191 on: January 25, 2016, 07:43:45 pm »

I'm not doing any numbers tonight >.>
Mergh.  Okay.

Also:
Modern Japan as in, the first one except without the possibility of foreign relations being a factor.
Pretty much this.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8192 on: January 26, 2016, 01:02:48 am »

It feels wrong the Trespassers haven't killed us all when they can apparently devour realities without us being able to do shit.
Actually, to revisit this discussion since I've only actually bothered reading the IC's opening post just now, it doesn't strictly say that all the universes themselves are at risk, only the multiverse. Which is sort of like how a debt crisis could hypothetically break the European Union but it almost definitely won't break all the constituent countries as well. And not to mention that one of the reasons why those reality-breaking things have gotten released is because the denizens of a bunch of settings have become able to break reality pretty well themselves.

Because it could very well be that the multiverse is going to end not because a bunch of rampaging eldritch locusts ate everything, but rather because the universes that were powerful enough to stop them decided "fuck it" and just used their own power to break free. In which case I guess this game might turn into a more RP-heavy political/diplomacy game about trying to convince the more powerful settings to actually commit military resources to the war for the sake of a bunch of people they don't know, rather than just sitting there in their own little worlds, cutting down anything that wanders onto their lawns like sociopathic parodies of the stereotypical elderly.

Alternatively, there might be infighting. I mean, they're all competing for the same food resource after all, so it wouldn't be too surprising that some would be hostile to the other. Hell, some of them might even assist, because if the multiverse continually grows unless it is completely consumed, then it'd be in their long term interest to allow it to continue surviving so that they can continue eating. It isn't like they even need to kill people instead of say, just shoving them into another universe and letting the denizens deal with the ensuing refugee crisis, seeing as they eat the fabric of reality as opposed to people.

Alternatively alternatively, they might have their own agenda that isn't actually just about devouring everything. Maybe they originally had to escape their own universe for some reason but then kept on expanding out of paranoia because of the event that forced them to flee in the first place? Maybe we're just fighting stragglers, deserters and renegades while the rest go do their own thing in the regions of nonexistence that they have devoured/captured? Maybe when we finally encounter the more powerful ones, they're just randomly kill each other, break the universe with some sort of catastrophe and as they leave, we'll catch a glimpse of an insignia with text reading "ARM"?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 01:14:03 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8193 on: January 26, 2016, 01:13:45 am »

Doubtful~ Me and Elf planned this out pretty well. :D
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8194 on: January 26, 2016, 01:14:48 am »

Aww... and here I was hoping that it would suddenly turn into an allegory for the refugee crisis :P

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8195 on: January 26, 2016, 01:19:28 am »

Nah, What I can tell you, spoiler free, is that the Trespassers want to see all of reality completely consumed. They are insatiable monsters, seeking to evolve and consume. hence why we refer to them as a Locust swarm. Seriously though, wait until much later in the game when you actually encounter large swaths of Trespassers.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8196 on: January 26, 2016, 01:24:08 am »

So let me get this straight, they, in what appears to be a light-hearted game, want to kill everyone and everything? They're secretly being controlled by Xantalos via PMs, aren't they? I look forward to the large swaths of horrifically min-maxed enemies :P

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8197 on: January 26, 2016, 01:30:55 am »

Yuki Yuna is a Hero.
And I think you have all the info you need. Mostly because if you aren't in the know it's pretty much just modern Japan and boring as shit.
the salt levels here are high :P

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8198 on: January 26, 2016, 01:33:23 am »

-snip-
Is everything approved now?

Yuki Yuna is a Hero.
And I think you have all the info you need. Mostly because if you aren't in the know it's pretty much just modern Japan and boring as shit.
the salt levels here are high :P
Has there ever been a time where the OOC salt wasn't high? :P

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8199 on: January 26, 2016, 01:48:05 am »

It is true, my salinity is quite above average at all times.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8200 on: January 26, 2016, 01:49:00 am »

It is true, my salinity is quite above average at all times.
y u do dis
y
tink of the children ;-;

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8201 on: January 26, 2016, 01:52:20 am »

Because it's been a week and then some and there still hasn't been plot.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8202 on: January 26, 2016, 01:52:44 am »

but the children ;-;

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8203 on: January 26, 2016, 01:54:19 am »

Because it's been a week and then some and there still hasn't been plot.
Then make plot happen. By which I mean, convince everyone IC that the best way to neutralize the threat of the beings who want all of reality to be consumed is to personally consume reality yourselves and ensure that life will persist in the distorted nothingness you leave in your wake.

Come to think of it, I probably should have read more into the whole "antagonists want to devour reality" part of the plot before deciding to make a character from a species who upon gaining magical powers, immediately set upon consuming as much of their own universe's reality as they could :P
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 01:56:36 am by Empiricist »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8204 on: January 26, 2016, 01:55:57 am »

this isn't megaten
yet
stahp
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 1328