Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 884189 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #10200 on: February 29, 2016, 03:47:02 pm »

Still sort of snowflakey in my opinion. But very well, guess players will never accept any role other than that of saviors or overlords. Then again I suppose it could just be that their worlds have laws of physics that the Trespassers are weak to, so it doesn't really matter who or what gets dragged out of their world, just that they originate from it.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10201 on: February 29, 2016, 03:47:26 pm »

All of them? Even ItE?
Did I stutter? All of them. You know what, he's going to punch demigods as well, he will become god of punching gods in the face and then punch himself in the face to create the plane of infinite punching so he doesn't need to go anywhere to punch gods in the face, he just needs to send them to the plane of infinite punching and boom! Punched face.
No punching the snuggle goddess.
NONE ARE SPARED THE WRATH OF IAN, THE GOD OF PUNCHING GODS IN THE FACE.
Actually Ian is totally gonna ask ITE if there's a god for that. And if there isn't he's going to become it. Yes, this is canon now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10202 on: February 29, 2016, 03:49:04 pm »

All of them? Even ItE?
Did I stutter? All of them. You know what, he's going to punch demigods as well, he will become god of punching gods in the face and then punch himself in the face to create the plane of infinite punching so he doesn't need to go anywhere to punch gods in the face, he just needs to send them to the plane of infinite punching and boom! Punched face.
Actually Ian is totally gonna ask ITE if there's a god for that. And if there isn't he's going to become it. Yes, this is canon now.
I said, no punching the snuggle goddess.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10203 on: February 29, 2016, 03:49:09 pm »

The whole hidden potential explanation works. Explains how Anna, who had literally no training because she didn't start classes yet, is able to fight the same things as Chryssa and other such characters and not die.

It's the same handwave I used for my own multiverse game. How come Zeus and Jake from State Farm are at relatively similar power levels? Potential yo.

All of them? Even ItE?

but kratos is already a characters
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10204 on: February 29, 2016, 03:49:31 pm »

Still sort of snowflakey in my opinion. But very well, guess players will never accept any role other than that of saviors or overlords. Then again I suppose it could just be that their worlds have laws of physics that the Trespassers are weak to, so it doesn't really matter who or what gets dragged out of their world, just that they originate from it.
Yes, of course, because players in a game with the premise of 'saving the universe from the Trespassers' are going to be able to choose any role apart from 'saviour of the universe'. :P

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10205 on: February 29, 2016, 03:50:43 pm »

I was implying that if the premise was the same, but the role of the characters weren't as large, they wouldn't accept it.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10206 on: February 29, 2016, 03:51:13 pm »

Nah, they totally would. :P

You see, we don't care about saving the world.

We want our ships.

OUR SHIPS.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10207 on: February 29, 2016, 03:51:52 pm »

I was implying that if the premise was the same, but the role of the characters weren't as large, they wouldn't accept it.
Somebody already isn't.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10208 on: February 29, 2016, 03:52:25 pm »

We want our ships.

OUR SHIPS.
But, then why a plot that constantly interrupts the shipping with absurdly high stakes?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10209 on: February 29, 2016, 03:52:41 pm »

Quote from: TCM link=topic=153808.msg6843670#msg6843670
All of them? Even ItE?

but kratos is already a characters
He's more stabby slashy. Ian is just punching/impalement on fists.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10210 on: February 29, 2016, 03:53:47 pm »

Theory: This is actually how it is. The current party is basically a skirmisher/scouting force and are fighting the equivalents of the Trespassers. The battle hasn't even begun.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #10211 on: February 29, 2016, 03:57:32 pm »

Theory: This is actually how it is. The current party is basically a skirmisher/scouting force and are fighting the equivalents of the Trespassers. The battle hasn't even begun.
sadly I don't have a spiffier version, but

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10212 on: February 29, 2016, 04:00:21 pm »

We want our ships.

OUR SHIPS.
But, then why a plot that constantly interrupts the shipping with absurdly high stakes?
to make the shipping even more delicious

edit: it begins
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 04:47:19 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #10213 on: February 29, 2016, 05:02:20 pm »

Also, just realized how tanky Anna actually is. Motya, the second tankiest PC, took five damage from the thing's attack. Ian took 0 with the help of tank NPC. Anna just negated outright purely on her Resistance.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10214 on: February 29, 2016, 05:06:13 pm »

Motya isn't really built around RES though, just high HP and regen. But yeah, Anna's resistance is pretty wonderful. She has at least 8 more than everyone else and almost double against physical/electrical attacks. It is pretty great.
Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 1328