Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 883740 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #12270 on: March 19, 2016, 07:32:27 pm »

Cries Indecicive Perk related Tears.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #12271 on: March 19, 2016, 07:33:18 pm »

Hey, Digital, what role did you want them to fill? Steady damage dealer that can inflict status effects?

Also, is it that both have their own HP bars, and they fall unconscious as soon as one of them has been depleted?
Uh, yeah, that pretty much sums everything up about right. Is there something already like that?
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12272 on: March 19, 2016, 07:34:38 pm »

Speaking of them, still awaiting a response, again.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12273 on: March 19, 2016, 07:44:10 pm »

Calm your falm. I'm playing stuff. So my replies aren't gonna be instant.
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12274 on: March 19, 2016, 09:00:29 pm »

Spoiler: Hey Elf! Opinion? (click to show/hide)
If Dual Form is vetoed, one option would be to use the Hero characters as a basis, with a Seratius acting as a super-mode of sorts that enhances Aaron's actions. Except unlike Mankai and Seahawk Paladin, instead of activating at will, and coming with a debuff after use, this one is somewhat weaker and randomly triggers for one turn. If the above is permitted, then I would recommend focusing applying Status Effects, even something such as say Welted (has no effect at all, thereby making it "cheaper" balance-wise to add, while acting to power up Hellfire) to just cripple foes.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12275 on: March 19, 2016, 09:51:29 pm »

Empiricist, can you give me the closure on my new passive that i desperately need? I need one for Donchaka and D&G, and i have a few that i am thinking of for D&G.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #12276 on: March 19, 2016, 10:02:12 pm »

pls geb muh stats elf :C

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12277 on: March 20, 2016, 02:09:55 am »

Empiricist, can you give me the closure on my new passive that i desperately need? I need one for Donchaka and D&G, and i have a few that i am thinking of for D&G.
Huh, apparently I've gone from answering requests for ideas to being actively asked for them. At this rate I'll be eligible to apply for a Co-GM position :P

It seems that you like having characters with unusual mechanics and unique resources. I suppose it is fair warning then, to say that in doing so, you must be willing to accept the fact that they will either be completely and utterly useless, or break the game completely and kill every Trespasser ever. Because unique mechanics are harder to balance, more interesting certainly, but also less likely be balanced, question is just whether they are underpowered or overpowered.

Firstly, fix their stats. They should both have a stat total of 38, before any bonus points from perks, passives and equipment.

Dackly
Okay, my recommendation? Change Petrify's effect into something that most enemies in this parade of bosses and minibosses won't be immune or resistant to. As for the Perk, make enemies drop statue points upon death, sort of like A Remarkable Soul, but more powerful being a Perk. If you don't really have much to pump Ability Points into, make the Perk grant it as an abnormally powerful Passive Action so you can upgrade it with each level. If you do need the Ability Points for something else, then keep it as a Perk. As far as I can tell, these statues are the lifeblood of her build, so having guaranteed availability trumps basically everything else really (including all the neat stuff). Makes IC sense anyway, seeing as there's nothing stopping her from just petrifying a dying foe's soul even if she isn't the one to kill them. Hell, the fact that they're breathing their last probably makes it quite trivial I would think.

Donchaka
Good lord, what am I even looking at? I suppose I can't really complain since it's at least not animu-esque stuff, but still, sort of hard to wrap my head around it. Okay, I would've just suggested something to boost DEX, seeing as that's their main stat, but, for some reason their DEX is pretty poor. Ask the GMs if they'll let you remove the fever loss upon critical failure clause, I'm not even sure if this game even has critical failure to begin with. I'd recommend you just dump your currently unspent points into DEX. Then maybe have a Perk that gives a bonus point on Level-Up to DEX and FEV. Or an Untapped Potential style Perk that just raises FEV each turn to help spam their actions. Or something like a chance to self-buff or boost with each dice roll, because their build seems to focus on using as many as possible via Fever-based abilities.

Come to think of it, wouldn't it make more sense to, rather than having PCs sacrifice some Action Points or Perk Slots to be better at crafting, just have some PCs focused entirely on crafting with no combat use whatsoever? I mean, no one's going to force them to fight the Trespassers if they're far better at making gear, and even in combat they could just take a hit, go down and get stabilized :P

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12278 on: March 20, 2016, 02:42:45 am »

Dackly

Petrify's new effect has no immunities, since it is a variant of pure damage though.

Statues on death is now basically guaranteed with the new petrify, since an enemy can never have 0 hatred stacks, and by extension, will always drop a statue when their health drops low enough.

Mostly, I am looking for Branching abilities for Crafting and Diplomacy due to Dackly's completely repurposed kit geared towards Talking down enemies where able and Ripping out the good bits that Tresspassers have eaten.

Maybe a perk for that specifically, such as defeated trespassers leaving behind a Conscience or something for crafting summons or NPC's.

Donchaka

I did the math and Donchaka need 9-10 turns to deal over 100 damage, and the can deal heals to all Allies (Not just the ones nearby by RAW) the whole time by spamming party.

Since their Fever gauge is added to Dex, every move they make that succeeds is +4 dex, and if they party, it can be up to +9 to a max of +20 Dex. If anything, I should be raising health for more FEV, or Fever for faster filling.  I covered their stats across the board because of how their Dex is trivial to increase, but dependent on their CURRENT health.

Really, the only thing they need is time to get everything you are specifying.

FEV each turn is a great idea, also, maybe one that raises the amount of Weapons or armor they can equip.

Any specific perk ideas?

And lastly, Crafting only PCs are a bad idea because we cannot get the GMs to run crafting as often as I would like at least. or i would have Introduced my Crackpot Expy

EDIT* Ok, so what do you think of this

For Dackly

Nix's Tear: Tresspassers have a "Conscience" extracted from them and lose the powers stolen from their base absorption when Revealing Darkness is used on them while they are in their Critical State or Petrified since the taint is too great to purge by this point.  The "Conscience" will slowly recover to it's original, or closely to it's original mind and soul given enough time and care.

For Donchaka

Mater is Sprouted: The Donchaka can gain new breeds suited to new weapons and armor, upon leveling up with a new unique weapon, They gain an additional equip slot for that type or style of weapon only. (Cannons, Tazers, Horns, Swords, Ect...)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 03:17:58 am by Shadestyle »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12279 on: March 20, 2016, 03:17:41 am »

Wait really, it's Pure? The phrasing never mentioned it and made it seem more like it would only grant a statue upon being the cause of death. But if it was approved as such via PMs, or Steamchat, then yes that's fine. Time for something new then.

I'll give suggestions tomorrow, assuming no one mentioned anything you like by then. Rather busy today.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12280 on: March 20, 2016, 03:19:41 am »

Reworded petrify so it is more clear.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12281 on: March 20, 2016, 03:22:39 am »

Conscience on a Trespasser. Good joke; it's like trying to say Alanis would survive losing ItE. They've long crossed the moral event horizon for that one. It would definitely work on their proxies (long as it isn't a mindless Vertex or something) though.

Yes. We're saying trying to negotiate with a Trespasser to do anything but destroy everything is futile. Their proxies are the ones you want to target. They're not the ones whose sole life purpose is omnicide :P

Matter is Sprouted sounds reasonable, but you may want to specify how the specifics work.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 03:25:31 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12282 on: March 20, 2016, 03:26:34 am »

Well the whole point is to extract the part that is giving them their powers, I.E what they consumed.  the Tresspasser itself is so far beyond saving it isn't even funny. the "Conscience" isn't theirs, hell no, it is the one they stole, Such as a certain Phazon-addicted Metroid supersoldier.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 03:28:52 am by Shadestyle »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12283 on: March 20, 2016, 03:28:03 am »

Fair enough. So it works on the Trespasser-possessed being (i.e. Dark Samus, who, granted, was still a huge dick even before the Trespassers got hold of 'em), but not on a Trespasser who's shapeshfted to take their form (i.e. Stallord) or a pure Trespasser (i.e. the one we faced in Kamogawa).

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12284 on: March 20, 2016, 03:31:15 am »

Any further comment on my sheet, Elf? No pressure, just checking.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 1328