Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 849 850 [851] 852 853 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 883468 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #12750 on: March 22, 2016, 05:07:38 pm »

Empiricist for stats guy 2016.
#MakeTrespassersGreatAgain
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12751 on: March 22, 2016, 05:08:32 pm »

implying it's not great already
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12752 on: March 22, 2016, 05:10:07 pm »

implying it's not great already
as though i was implying anything :P
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12753 on: March 22, 2016, 05:19:32 pm »

Hey Elf, I know how you're feeling about Crafting lately, but can I give Lynch a perk to cook health regenrating and possibly temporary-stat-altering food?

I'm also 100% in support of crafting requiring multiple components of items for creation.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12754 on: March 22, 2016, 05:20:07 pm »

*horribly murders TCM and hangs his corpse out with pictures of moe waifus as an example*
I'll think about it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12755 on: March 22, 2016, 05:30:27 pm »

Oh, if we're offering our sheets up for critique, can you do Garnt's as well, Emp?
Scale Jolly Cooperation. Basically just assume that if your Perk gives a static bonus to a stat, it'll need to be made to scale instead. Static penalties however, are amazing and should be kept as such :P

Let's see there's an enormous issue right off the bat in that the phrase "grossly incandescent" does not appear even a single time in his sheet. Seriously, you ought to be ashamed with yourself :P Oh also, please show Action Levels. Because I have no idea whether I'm looking at a Level 1 or a Level 6 Action.

Riposte is worded very well, since it doesn't require Parry's Stun to actually land, just the action to succeed. Kudos for that.
Backstab ought to explain how to determine whether or not Garnt succeeds in getting behind his foe.
Heal seems to outclass Drink Some Estus. It heals multiple, can heal people other than himself, and has no cooldown. Sure it has limited uses, but five is probably sufficient for most battles seeing as they don't really go beyond 10 turns.
Why does Falling Star benefit from SYN, but not Lightning Spear and Great Lightning Spear?
Quick Switch might not be too useful if each subsequent piece of gear is better overall than its predecessors since there won't be much use for it if there's nothing worth switching to.

Main issue I see is that he's got plenty of ways to hit harder, but they all do just that. They don't do anything else. If possible, cannibalize Riposte into Parry. Make Parry, on success, multiply the damage he deals to its target next turn and either boost his dodge rate (better against bosses and minibosses), negate the attack (good general purpose), or still inflict stun. Precedent is Interception which attempts to guess whether or not someone will be targeted with Ranged or Magic, and if successful, reflects the attack at increased damage. Parry covers all types, but can only guess whether it will be the case for Garnt and won't get instant returns, so I think it may be permissible to perform that restructuring. That way you can just followup with a boosted 2-Hit Combo rather than a dedicated action.

Backstab could be something that is enabled on a successful dodge, representing rolling or backstepping into an attack and striking while the attacker is still recovering. If you do so, check whether or not it is better as a Passive that boosts retaliatory damage against someone whose attack has been successfully dodged, or as an Active attack like it is now.

Great Lightning Spear only deals 2 more damage on average than a Lightning Spear. Consider replacing one of them, or giving it more power in exchange for more drawbacks, hopefully delineating it from Lightning Spear. If you can't, replace it with something else. Maybe like one where Garnt reminisces about Blighttown and horrifies his foe, debuffing them or dealing Psychological Damage :P
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:33:40 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12756 on: March 22, 2016, 05:32:42 pm »

I wouldn't mind if you took a look at Alanis's sheet either.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12757 on: March 22, 2016, 05:34:35 pm »

Maybe later, I'm busy, so I can't really spend more time critiquing. Maybe tomorrow or the day after.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #12758 on: March 22, 2016, 05:35:32 pm »

So, Trained Reaction I'm thinking of just replacing altogether. Not sure with what.

Any precedent to use for what percentage Aura Charge should boost?

The thing with Ice Shot is that turn order has been inconsistent. Some GMs have had enemies go last always, and some have had them roll Initiative just like everyone else.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12759 on: March 22, 2016, 05:39:24 pm »

Pon-Pon-Chaka-Chaka doubles the damage of the next attack performed by that character, with the option of draining their unique resource to triple it instead.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12760 on: March 22, 2016, 06:20:53 pm »

wait a minute shadestyle has a patapon character????
my god
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12761 on: March 22, 2016, 06:21:46 pm »

wait a minute shadestyle has a patapon character????
my god
Yep.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #12762 on: March 22, 2016, 07:03:53 pm »

So, for Elf to check when they feel up to it (since it seems like combat is a ways away)

Replace "Trained Reaction" with "Strong Aura: All Hunters and Huntresses have an Aura, the manifestation of the soul. Anna's is... stronger than most. While all Auras heal injuries, one can literally see Anna's wounds close before their eyes. She regenerates 1d3+CON HP every turn." (I'm assuming this one is ok, since it's literally a reflavored version of Ashley's 'Voidwalker' Perk.)

Aura Charge description becomes: Anna charges up her next attack with her Aura, doubling the damage. (Precedent in the move Emp mentioned)

Boosted Shot description becomes: Anna makes a strong attack with Vindicator, firing out of the end of it as the strike lands. Add the attack's damage again as ranged damage.
Lv. 2 Effect: Chance of Stun.
Lv. 3 Effect: Dexterity is added to the Ranged damage
(Mostly ripped off of God Hand which is the same level and outright better than Boosted Shot.)

I am also going to ask about the turn order thing. Do enemies always go after the party, do they have their own place in the Init order, or does it depend on who's GMing the battle?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12763 on: March 22, 2016, 07:14:38 pm »

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Define the chance, and if it's going to have an stunning effect on it, it's going to have less damage than God Hand, which doesn't.
4. Depends on the GM, and even within GMs, depends on the enemies. For instance, my Vertex bosses will always go last, but if I, say, were to introduce groups of demons as in SMT, they may move faster than the party.

also back to shipping, slave *cracks whip*

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12764 on: March 22, 2016, 07:20:45 pm »

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Define the chance, and if it's going to have an stunning effect on it, it's going to have less damage than God Hand, which doesn't.
See? That wasn't so bad, now was it? :P
Pages: 1 ... 849 850 [851] 852 853 ... 1328