Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 871 872 [873] 874 875 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 883389 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #13080 on: March 24, 2016, 10:03:12 am »

As per Emp's suggestions, we should tell each other exactly what archtype of character we're going for, so we don't end up with too many people doing the same thing.

Aesford's is a Paladin, so his focus is on protecting the squishy people (ex. Interception) while also providing Indirect Offensive Support (Deep Pass). I'll probably change out things like Efficient Metabolism, Determination, and Hyperagility for more specialized, team-oriented abilities. I'll most likely change Lynch as well.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13081 on: March 24, 2016, 10:05:26 am »

Mio and Penelope are damage dealers, but of different types.

Mio is intended to be pretty much full-on damage, pretty much unstoppable. Hence, her Determined Facade gives her more damage from status and allows her to break out from stuns at the cost of recoil, her Piercing Blow penetrates defense and so forth. What is necessary is someone keeping her alive and healthy while she bashes her way through the enemy and inevitably takes recoil from using her Facade or something else.

Penelope will be elaborated upon later.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #13082 on: March 24, 2016, 10:20:34 am »

Sandra is a defensive healer, who relies mostly on WaFF to stay alive.
thincake

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #13083 on: March 24, 2016, 10:22:02 am »

Let's see. Just to clarify:

ItE's role pretty much goes from her fluff. She wants to draw attention, take all the hits, weather them and keep going, and do some healing while she's at it to support the Thin Things around her. She's the only tank who can steal the show with her tanking. Already, she has the ability to draw aggro while unconscious, which I think says a lot. :V I plan to focus more on the tanking and stat-manipulation roles in the future, honestly. Partially because being nigh impossible to kill fits her as a Primordial Goddess Thing (even more than healing fits her as It That Embraces specifically), partially because Motya is going more towards healing. As Emp mentioned, she'd probably work well with Aesford: She draws aggro, he punishes people for attacking her and stuff.

Yamal, again, flows mostly from fluff. She's a bruiser. She's got tons of defense, tons of health, and wants to melee the shit out of things. She doesn't have a ton of ability to tank for other people, at least yet, but she's very good at stunning, and in theory should be able to be a priority target by way of STOP STEALING MY TURN GOD DAMN IT, at least in melee.  (Steam Venting all day every day.) Plus she can reduce ranged damage to others with AA Cut-In.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:24:51 am by Twi »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13084 on: March 24, 2016, 10:22:55 am »

e-Eirika is fast and Wilson has helpful drugs
Black lives matter.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #13085 on: March 24, 2016, 10:31:17 am »

Chartre is a debuffer of the denial variety, primarily intended to heartily screw with mages and summonses but with some potential to deny certain actions to other kinds of fighters as well. His magic basic attacks have various little effects too, thanks to his Dust canisters, which give him just a liiittle bit more debuffing or damage.

Evridiki is designed mainly for healing, obviously, with a couple of other moves just to ensure she isn't 100% useless in combat. Chem Grenade lets her heal or debuff en masse, and Inaprovaline lets her prop up critical condition allies; yeah, she's a medic.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:33:46 am by Powder Miner »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13086 on: March 24, 2016, 10:36:12 am »

no
all your characters are now for shipping only

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13087 on: March 24, 2016, 10:51:20 am »

I don't know, I'm sure everyone would like to see some jiggling of Alice as well. :P

You'll have to be a little more specific about what you'll like to see jiggled on Alice, Kj. At the very least their actions now have levels associated with them, so that's a thing.

Anyways, Motya has been slightly revamped. Threatening Reach has been dropped since it was kinda silly and didn't actually work. It's been replaced with Reinforced Flesh which makes their HP equal to 30 + CON*N + Sum of 1 to N, where N is their current level. Hormone Injections have been replaced with Chemical Cocktail-R, which brings unconscious characters back into the fight with 10%. But only for three turns before it wears off. Does this sound good to you two, San and Elf?

As I've said before, Motya is a Healer/Debuffer who is also very hard to kill. Their debuffs are structured so that they can continuously pump them out without interrupting their heals so they have that going for them. Their next perk will probably focus on making them better at healing and keeping everyone alive. Meanwhile Alice is a generalist who can actually contribute to the group. Their gimmick powers up their abilities at the cost of HP, so they're good at burst damage/healing. It'll cost them a quarter of their HP, but their abilities can be very potent.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13088 on: March 24, 2016, 10:53:11 am »

Yes. Also, finished Mio's edits.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13089 on: March 24, 2016, 10:53:55 am »

Alanis is supposed to be a DPS type.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13090 on: March 24, 2016, 10:56:35 am »

Made some changes to perks:

-Aura Strength: Like any hunter or huntress, Chryssa can manifest her aura to hit harder.
      *Gives +[Level] to any STR roll.

-My Soundtrack is Intense: Chryssa breaks the 4th wall to listen to the battle music, granting her major bonuses.
      *Gives +[Level/3] DEX, and +[Level/2] STR when *applicable
          *Only present when there's battle music granted by the GM.
Also, I need some weapon and armor things

Equipment:
 Automatic Kalashnikov '47:
  Level: 6
  Type: Ranged
  Effects: Pierces up to medium armor, and ignores [GM Pls] points of RES.
  Base Damage: (GM will assign this.)
  Description: A fully automatic assault rifle, with wood trim painted black.

Body Armor:
  Level: 6
  Type: Medium
  Effects: Completely stops .22 caliber bullets, and 9 mm rounds.
  Res Bonus: [GM pls]
  Description: Simple body armor that helps protect against low caliber bullets.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13091 on: March 24, 2016, 11:05:27 am »

Alanis is supposed to be a DPS type.
DPS type with ability to tank like the main tanks and heal herself from attacks while having infinitely scaling stats that Emp actually suggested we buff. Seems legit.

Not.

@Projeck: Level/2 to STR roll, and Soundtrack's new text is acceptable. The AK47 ignores 3 points of RES, dealing 1d14 damage, and the body armour resists for 3 RES.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13092 on: March 24, 2016, 11:07:41 am »

I said supposed to be, not 'is'.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13093 on: March 24, 2016, 11:08:24 am »

The point being that Alanis is ridiculously useful for what she is. Either sacrifice her DPS for durability or her durability for DPS.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13094 on: March 24, 2016, 11:25:15 am »

Well, now STR roll is weaker, until level 8  :-\
But alright. Changed.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!
Pages: 1 ... 871 872 [873] 874 875 ... 1328