Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 878 879 [880] 881 882 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 883741 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #13185 on: March 25, 2016, 08:58:58 am »

I did before everyone got new actions actually, only thing I'm waiting on is for summons to be reworked, though I don't think I'll like it given my conversation with Elf.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13186 on: March 25, 2016, 09:02:13 am »

Hey Emp:What if Alanis specced to a summoner but kept her flavor?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13187 on: March 25, 2016, 09:30:46 am »

sl4ckster blaster's statting booth episode 2 - yamal boogaloo

Inhuman Strength - Static number. Change it to something like "Base strength is multiplied by 1.4" or something.

Was the fact that you have a lot of unspent action points not said yet? If so, consider it said.

Other than that... good lord. She dishes out a hell of a lot of damage, and can tank like a... well, ship. I'd suggest having more actions that take damage away from others, though -  AA Cut In, while kind of broken in my opinion, has only an average of 7 damage blocked a turn. A real nice bonus when she's also dealing about 26 damage at the exact same time, but still.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #13188 on: March 25, 2016, 09:36:49 am »

I'm like 90% sure that there's precedent for stat boosting perks (+str, +dex, etc) to be fixed and not-scaling. Even to the point of being +4.
also yes I'll get to the action points eventually

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13189 on: March 25, 2016, 09:39:27 am »

so Emp, Yamal also exists I guess
wut you think
Inhuman Strength ought to scale. Bear in mind that the Passive Action, Combat Expertise at Level 1 grants +5 STR in addition to other effects.

Um, are you even allowed to use CON for damage calculations? I mean, it really doesn't matter too much normally for Yamal since her base STR is equal and after bonuses, it's higher, but it's still weird seeing it being used as an attack stat. Maybe if CON-based attacks were weaker, but I can't really tell since all her CON attacks have been paired up with Stun infliction, making it hard to figure out whether or not that is the case. I'd say I was worried it could set an abusable Precedent, but considering how low the stat caps are in this game, and that even if someone maxed out all the stats that normally don't contribute towards damage, they'd still have 8 points left to shove into one of them, that isn't too much of a concern.

Well, as you've said, she's a Durable Damage Dealer that has no actual Tanky Actions but which will hopefully use the threat of Stun to draw aggro. Can't really comment on that seeing as I have no idea whether or not that will work out, really depends on what the hell everyone makes as foes. She is trading damage for Stun though, and if you're just planning on making everything apply Stun, you might as well see if you can replace Inhuman Strength with a Perk that adds Stun to all her Melee Attacks at the cost of lowering their power by a percentage. Because there is the possibility of that Haymaker/Headcracker and Steam Venting without Stun will be more powerful than they are now even with a Perk-based damage penalty.

Oh and, see if you can make Icebreaker grant a damage bonus against foes suffering from Ice-based status effects.

Don't forget her 5 unallocated Action Points.

I did before everyone got new actions actually, only thing I'm waiting on is for summons to be reworked, though I don't think I'll like it given my conversation with Elf.
His sheet has been restatted? His healing move is utterly abysmal, he's generalized to the point of questionable usefulness, and Charm is a bundled Action which is a big no-no.

My advice? Firstly, list the levels of his Actions. Make his Semblance's ability to power him up with Debuffs and Status Effects a Perk and get Elf to reassess it, you ought to gain a considerable boost from it. Ex-Criminal and Parkour Enthusiast ought to be Passives, not Perks, they're far too weak. Remove the abysmal healing from Munchies and see if it can't just keep the Effects on him, not just for two turns. Dust Launch, at Level 1 should already double the damage of his next attack (Precedent: Aura Charge), rendering Thunder Strike pointless. Found My Earth Dust Guys! is utterly pointless, especially with his horrid SYN. Oh, and with the remaining free Perk slot, multiply his damage output from Hunter Weapons in exchange for inflicting him with Status Effects each time he attacks.

That would put him into the role of a Durable Damage Dealer with self-destructive ramp-up and with a nice support ability to remove negative effects from allies.

Have patience, Summoning is going to need a lot of work right now since it has absolutely no guidelines for any of the mechanics.

Hey Emp:What if Alanis specced to a summoner but kept her flavor?
Too early to tell. There's a Summoning revamp coming up. Right now Summoning has no guidelines at all and few Precedents. In the meantime, consider a True Tank build, it would allow her to capitalize on the Tankiness of half the party and use them as pseudotanks while encouraging other people to make their Glass Cannons actual Glass Cannons.

I'm like 90% sure that there's precedent for stat boosting perks (+str, +dex, etc) to be fixed and not-scaling. Even to the point of being +4.
That's beginning to change. Probably because you can get a +5 with 1.2x damage multiplier to melee from a single Level 1 Passive alone. Only bonuses remaining static are the "bonus points on level up" ones.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 09:41:41 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13190 on: March 25, 2016, 09:42:20 am »

Fixed Contagion. Though I still think Big Boom needs a buff, because it takes a total of 3 turns to pull off.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13191 on: March 25, 2016, 09:43:17 am »

You know, now that I think abut it... I have 13 Different characters.

And that number will only grow as the game progresses due to Dackly attempting to add "summons" of saved villains and the Donchaka tribe grow with their HP stat.

I may have a problem.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13192 on: March 25, 2016, 09:44:10 am »

;-;
^
This. This sums up my feelings towards this game's mechanics right now.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13193 on: March 25, 2016, 09:49:12 am »

is that feeling because its bad or because its being brutally rekt right now
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13194 on: March 25, 2016, 09:49:51 am »

yes
hug me kohai
;-;

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13195 on: March 25, 2016, 09:50:23 am »

*...hug?  Okay, hug*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13196 on: March 25, 2016, 09:50:45 am »

no
you are not kohai ;-;

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13197 on: March 25, 2016, 09:51:44 am »

Too bad.  You gets hugs whether you want them or not.
Sigtext

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13198 on: March 25, 2016, 09:52:19 am »

help me
i need an adult ;-;

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13199 on: March 25, 2016, 09:52:49 am »

do not worry kohai is here

kohai is away
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 ... 878 879 [880] 881 882 ... 1328