Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 913 914 [915] 916 917 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 883669 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #13710 on: March 29, 2016, 01:12:43 am »

Please tell me it's a based on a real philosopher :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #13711 on: March 29, 2016, 01:12:54 am »

People are actively trying to take a constructive role this time around, at least, instead of people just raging or flaming like has happened before.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13712 on: March 29, 2016, 01:13:32 am »

oh
k then
carry on

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13713 on: March 29, 2016, 01:13:50 am »

Starting from Empiricist's post about shopping:

No, Alanis is not going to ask the ADHD snakeperson for help with crafting, because they are an ADHD snakeperson.  And Tourmaline...Just...No.  Not gonna happen.  All the other crafter types have vanished.

And Mio's gear is storebought.

Also, shopping requires that the shop be existed first, regardless of whether you just go and buy the things without a word or have in-depth conversation.  Which was the point of the "Go shopping" ACTION, to have a GM create the place!

I had something written here about Alanis's interactions with Sandra and the purely IC-based argument about Vertex battle plans, which are nonmeta facets of her character.  Then I realized that none of you care because a lot of, not even all of, everyone's interactions with Alanis are based on one aspect of her personality which is rapidly becoming more entrenched as everyone attacks it.  I will admit that I do nothing to help this, but the fact that it's just as much the other characters who push back and cause a vicious loop that cause this to predominate should be noted.

I would develop her, but the fact of the matter is, even if I try, it always gets dragged back and blasted ANYWAY, so why bother?

I seriously feel like it's partially the extreme pushback she's getting that pushes her to...Well, be aggressively pushy.  She's trying to prove that she's right.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 01:15:51 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13714 on: March 29, 2016, 01:15:48 am »

Because if you do not you are going to get absolutely nothing but arguing IC and OOC if you do not. Alanis will serve no constructive purpose in the RP and there will just be more arguing. It usually gets dragged back to the meta arguing because Alanis brings up the meta stuff and argues for it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13715 on: March 29, 2016, 01:16:46 am »

Oh and heads up, Digital, it's going to take a while for your sheet to get reviewed. Some of the other players might give it a preliminary lookover, but Elf doesn't have reliable internet right now (he's stuck using his phone), might be moving houses soon, and has a Summon revamp, Alanis nerf, and a few other matters to attend to first.

Mio's gear magically upgrades itself via fairies. That's literally park of her Perk. Go shopping isn't a request to have a GM create a place. A nice description of her determining what she needs and searching up a place to buy them from is.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13716 on: March 29, 2016, 01:17:11 am »

To be fair, Chryssa dislikes Alanis because of the whole 'bad leader' insults.

She just... contains her hate :P
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13717 on: March 29, 2016, 01:18:51 am »

She just... contains her hate :P
Hidden Perk revealed! Energy Redirection works on hurt feelings and Chryssa's been slowly building it up to maximum so that come the final boss, she'll just unleash it all to make it run into a corner and cry! :P

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13718 on: March 29, 2016, 01:19:52 am »

She did use Retaliation against Alanis's words and almost killed her in one punch :P

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13719 on: March 29, 2016, 01:21:37 am »

then mio drags chryssa into the space lesbian club

also
none of mio's crap is store-bought, all of it is loot or from her hero form

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #13720 on: March 29, 2016, 01:21:51 am »

She has hurt feelings because someone said she's not a rapper.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13721 on: March 29, 2016, 01:22:01 am »

And though Alanis HAS other interactions, they're rare and shallow, and thus don't help with Alanis' development issues, also because you never actually offer any content that isn't based around it... which, again, is why it gets dragged back to the same state. You can't depend on other people or the GM to provide all of the content for your interactions, and all of the new information; one of the most important lessons I have ever learned is that one needs to take the initiative and make RP a two way affair rather than a one way affair, because noone is obligated to provide things for you or me specifically to work off of, and noone can develop oir characters for us. All the times Alanis has another interaction, and I do mean all of them, she's either asking questions or responding to the crisis of another person (Sandra) without offering up much herself, or meta stuff. The only meaningful things I have seen Alanis give out are meta shenanigans, and I've gone on and on about why she needs more than just that.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13722 on: March 29, 2016, 01:22:21 am »

Chryssa/Mio/Eirika
ot3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13723 on: March 29, 2016, 01:25:23 am »

Because if you do not you are going to get absolutely nothing but arguing IC and OOC if you do not. Alanis will serve no constructive purpose in the RP and there will just be more arguing. It usually gets dragged back to the meta arguing because Alanis brings up the meta stuff and argues for it.

Honestly I think part of the problem with her continually bringing meta stuff up is that Alanis has no sympathetic ears to vent to.

There's absolutely no-one willing to even give her the benefit of the doubt.

If she had somewhere to vent her meta, it would be less of a problem than it is right now, because as it is, every time she's shot down without even being heard out, she refocuses on proving something one way or another just to prove she's not completely insane.  I wish it would be proven one way or the other, because then she could have a proper existential crisis (unrelated to meta, more to 'what am I even doing here I' m pretty much useless').

And though Alanis HAS other interactions, they're rare and shallow, and thus don't help with Alanis' development issues, also because you never actually offer any content that isn't based around it... which, again, is why it gets dragged back to the same state. You can't depend on other people or the GM to provide all of the content for your interactions, and all of the new information; one of the most important lessons I have ever learned is that one needs to take the initiative and make RP a two way affair rather than a one way affair, because noone is obligated to provide things for you or me specifically to work off of, and noone can develop oir characters for us. All the times Alanis has another interaction, and I do mean all of them, she's either asking questions or responding to the crisis of another person (Sandra) without offering up much herself, or meta stuff. The only meaningful things I have seen Alanis give out are meta shenanigans, and I've gone on and on about why she needs more than just that.
I'll try to work on that then.

In related news, ARMOKDAMMIT STOP NINJAING ME.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 01:27:11 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13724 on: March 29, 2016, 01:26:35 am »

type faster skrub
Pages: 1 ... 913 914 [915] 916 917 ... 1328