Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1031 1032 [1033] 1034 1035 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 883627 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #15480 on: April 11, 2016, 09:55:07 pm »

The station is...A space station, isn't it?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15481 on: April 11, 2016, 09:55:36 pm »

BananaSpider's and D&B's all just sort of sprang up without any warning. It all honestly stemmed from one post, when Inomi wanted to eat at Applebee's Elf said "Well, this is a place that's like Applebee's" so I jumped on it as an opportunity to develop the setting and give the players something to do. The rest is an extension of that.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #15482 on: April 11, 2016, 09:57:21 pm »

it's a space station, yes, TBF
obviously I was wondering about something a little bit deeper than that.

I just have NO idea what kind of universe this space station is in, and it does have a mix of magic stuff and scifi stuff and all that, as well as multiversal portals and that biz

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15483 on: April 11, 2016, 10:02:14 pm »

it's universe prime, where everything exists as a planet - you just have to go there
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #15484 on: April 11, 2016, 10:06:12 pm »

I just have NO idea what kind of universe this space station is in, and it does have a mix of magic stuff and scifi stuff and all that, as well as multiversal portals and that biz
It's supposed to be a Metroid thing I think.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #15485 on: April 11, 2016, 10:08:36 pm »

Judge Gozer's New skills harshly please.

-Level 1 Steady goes it: Anyone touching Gozer or one of his statues has an additional chance to resist the effects of a physical status effect for one turn. (Stun, Bleed, Ect.)  This does not purge the effect.

-Level 3 Rough Rider: By spending a Statue Point, Gozer grants a target +10 RES, and an additional 50% damage reduction against all elemental attacks, Stacking, for their next 3 Hits by giving them protective stone plates made from the statue.

-Level 1 Gravity Salting: Gozer uses the power of Gravity to deal damage to a foe equal to half of the highest damage attack done to them this turn, by aggravating the fresh wound with incredible pressure.

-Level 1 Craft Gear Altar: Using an unknown power, Gozer transforms a statue into an altar, Spending a Statue Point in the process, into this altar, two pieces of equipment can be sacrificed, fusing them into a third, influenced by the statue used to make the altar.  Altars are reusable.
>NON-COMBAT ONLY<

-Level 1 Animate Stone: Given enough time, Gozer can connect stone objects in such a way that they move in particular ways, such as joints and rotation, using the sparks that emit from his Eternal Fire.
>NON-COMBAT ONLY<

-Level 1 Mimicery: Gozer can imitate an ability or skill from any statue he has in his body, though this takes phenomenal focus and time.
>NON-COMBAT ONLY<

These are all subject to change, and based on the additional ability points granted by the update.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 10:28:38 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15486 on: April 11, 2016, 10:35:36 pm »

It's hosted in a Metroid 'verse, but...It's really just a hub.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15487 on: April 11, 2016, 11:32:51 pm »

Elf, could you make it so that Minions cannot act on the turn they are summoned?

Otherwise, you get Fist of God Alanis (named after a novel). A build wherein she is incredibly tanky and has an Action that summons a Minion geared entirely for offense with the understanding that it will be destroyed immediately and will only have time to fire once.

Because then it'd just be Tank Cannon Alanis all over again but weaker, with an expendable Minion rather than a Companion and no true tanking abilities.

I mean, even with the proposed clause, it'd be viable, but balanced by having the "attack" delayed by one turn and the Minion can be destroyed before it can fire even once.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15488 on: April 12, 2016, 01:23:46 am »

I think Elf made it so that being a summoner meant spending a Perk on it... Not sure. Elf?
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #15489 on: April 12, 2016, 02:05:44 am »

Yes.

Also
EMP

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15490 on: April 12, 2016, 02:07:15 am »

emp certainly makes the gms short-circuit
get it
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15491 on: April 12, 2016, 02:21:44 am »

Yes.

Also
EMP
Hey, best that we stamp out the Deep Pass Amplification Array and The Fist of God Build, BEFORE the revamp is finalised and people start using it than waiting for someone else to discover it after implementation and force a revamp of the revamp.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #15492 on: April 12, 2016, 05:13:29 am »

i still want to stab you

Also, Summons CAN'T act on the same turn as summoned already. I'll add that as the OP isn't finished yet (I need to add the Table of Contents, some rule fixes, a Recap). And if you guys want me to finish the bestiary, I'll need a list of NPCs we've encountered not from the Shinju Arc (so anyone from the other Arcs I've mentioned in the Contents) plus anyone else.

So far, I only remember off the top of my head Link, Sans, Claptrap, Orchid, Maeve, Lexus, Jet and Falu, as well as Dark Samus and the Trespasser Metroid. I'll need more.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #15493 on: April 12, 2016, 07:16:15 am »

Elf, are my new skills approved as is? Or do I need to change them?
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15494 on: April 12, 2016, 07:19:43 am »

Emp, while I acknowledge you are the voice of reason in this thread, what are you talkin' 'bout.
Basically, since there are Actions that have effects completely independent of stats, it is currently possible to just spam as many Minions as possible with one Action who will utterly devastate foes if they aren't taken out before they can act.

Tower Stance redirects 50% of damage to one person to the user. Now imagine what happens if the user is an expendable Minion with as low as 1 HP and there's an entire swarm of them. Effectively halves damage for one hit for each Minion.

Taunt would just force all enemies that fall for it to attack a decoy Minion. Again, imagine a whole swarm of those.

Calm Vigil redirects 25% of all damage to the party to the user. 25% of all damage redirected to one of many expendable pawns.

And of course, imagine a swarm of Minions with Deep Pass.

It's not as much of a problem if it's being clarified that Summons cannot act on the turn in which they appear, but I'm not sure if the GMs are still comfortable with those implications.

Plus it's possible to make a very efficient Tank that summons a single Tank Minion that uses Calm Vigil each turn, and then just chains them together for a 25% party-wide damage reduction from the first turn onwards.

Also, Summons CAN'T act on the same turn as summoned already. I'll add that as the OP isn't finished yet (I need to add the Table of Contents, some rule fixes, a Recap).
Okay so that's The Fist of God Build nerfed. Now all you need to do is figure out whether or not you want to thwart the creation of the Deep Pass Amplification Array! :3

Oh and consider rejecting the Untapped Potential Passive of the Electromagnetic Constructs. Just stamp it out. Firstly, it may be viewed attempt to circumvent the lower stat total and caps of Minions. Secondly, it permits a less-efficient Ramp Cannon Alanis. She could just be respecc'd to be as durable as possible and then start summoning some better optimized Electromagnetic Constructs that act as Glass Cannons.

Come to think of it, under the current ruleset, Tank-Cannon Alanis is still viable. Weaker sure, but still viable :P

-snip-
Not sure if Blood of the Elders has any precedent since similar Perks add the points directly to the stat, meaning they are affected by caps, but they also give more points per Level. So it seems reasonably balanced. But check with Elf and Sanure to be sure. Consider rewording it as "gives a +Level bonus to SYN" to avoid mixups between it and the similar-but-not-quite Perks.

Strong Flier seems fine as a utility so long as you don't start giving him dodge Perks or Passive Actions that are considered to be flying maneuvers.

Harry and Harass seems okay. Yes, I'm well ware you could make all of his attacks take place in-flight, but seeing as there are PCs with 1.4x multipliers for using a specific weapon class which they never switch out and autolevels, it won't really be an abuse. Not a new abuse at any rate.

Child of Lightning I have no idea how often electrical damage even pops up. Might be fine. Well, so long as you don't try to use interpretations of it to further extend it. Plus he can't use equipment anyway (I say he should still be able to use baubles, like a nice top hat and monocle :P seriously having no way to boost STR when he uses STR for contested rolls is a bit of an issue).

The SYN bonus to Savage is fine. Double check whether or not doubling the hits is allowed though.

Wind Buffet might actually be underpowered since Dodge Charm: Amigara Evasion covers all dodgeable attacks with opposed DEX rolls, while Wind Buffet pits STR against what is likely that foe's strongest stat and doesn't work against all dodgeable attacks.

Dragon Breath is rather anemic. I mean you could probably get an attack with damage in terms of Basic Attack but using SYN as well as STR without any cooldown. You could probably get away with making it chain twice at 50% damage rather than one chain at 50% and another at 25%. You could probably be allowed to choose which enemies it chains to. That would be more powerful, only Level 4, and have no cooldown.

Devour might be better off having a chance of autocasting Terrifying Presence rather than allowing it as a free Action. The effect against small foes is too great, a free Basic Attack each turn they fail to escape is pretty damn powerful. Consider making the healing against larger foes scale with damage inflicted.

Terrifying Presence is probably the first Fear effect Action thus far. So you're best off asking the GMs about it.

Reach doesn't do much. I mean it'd really only be useful for grid-based combat, and this game was never designed for grid-based combat.

Airborne Assault is sort of pointless considering you could just have him airborne for the entirety of the battle with certain effects or taking too much damage being able to shoot him down for a bit. That'd be like if Anna could only use Hunter Weapons in a specific action.

Transform seems like a decent utility. You might be able to make it escape from Bind (by shrinking and escaping or growing and bursting free) when used as well for little to no penalty.

-snip-
You realize that Volx doesn't actually have any Actions related to being a sword right? I mean, just checking that you're aware of that :P

Incorporeal seems pretty damn overpowered right now. Completely negating Physical damage is too powerful in my opinion. Having some Physical damage reduction is fine, but flat-out negation, might be too much.

Attunement: A perma-active Tower Stance might be a bit too much. Maybe have it that each takes more than 50% damage, so that the total damage is higher but each character takes less damage? But if Elf and Sanure say it's fine, then it's fine.

Vastness of Knowledge: Going to need to ask someone else about that. I have no idea how often knowledge checks pop up, if at all.

Bound Weapon will likely be wasted because the PCs stick to semi-practical weapons rather than favoring telemarketing calls and cheesegraters for attacking :P More seriously, it seems fine. More of a utility skill than anything else. Still great if a plot ever needs a seemingly unarmed PC so shank someone in a back alley with an enormous blade.

The closest approved actions to Eye of the Predator that come to mind would be Deep Pass (doubles damage, 1 Turn Cooldown, only works if the attack is Ranged and/or Magical), Aura Charge (doubles the damage of the user's next attack), Focus (an attack that hits last in the turn but with increased critical chance) and Aim to Kill (increases critical chance amongst various other effects against a single target). Issue is, all of them are completely independent of stats. So you'll going to need to have a feel people look over the formulas or just change the percentage to be stat-independent.

Advice of the Strategist looks okay at a glance but you'll definitely want a second opinion on it to be sure.

Energy from the Void might be overpowered. Since Tricordrazine, a healing action used by a dedicated Healer only healed for 1d6+INT at Level 1.

Intellect Crush is definitely overpowered. A ruling regarding, Advise, a Level 5 dedicated Debuffing Action, by Elf noted that it cannot subtract the entirety of the user's relevant stat as that would be overpowered. Granted, Intellect Crush sacrifices the weapon damage and can be autodispelled after one turn, but it also deals damage, lasts indefinitely, Stuns, and is only Level 2.

Swiftness of the Wind looks okay to me.

You're going to want to have the GMs and/or Shade and/or Slacker to check those formulas to be sure.
Pages: 1 ... 1031 1032 [1033] 1034 1035 ... 1328