Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1125 1126 [1127] 1128 1129 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 879571 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #16890 on: April 18, 2016, 05:07:07 am »

Isn't that somewhat weak compared to weapons which apparently grant +2 to attack dice size and +1 to an offensive stat each level?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #16891 on: April 18, 2016, 05:07:59 am »

Not if the armour starts with higher RES to begin with, as most start at 2 or 3 RES and go from there.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #16892 on: April 18, 2016, 05:08:45 am »

I've been assuming that it depends on what stats the armor started with. Like, an armor that gave +2 RES would get an additional 2 RES every level, and armor that gave 1 RES and 1 DEX getting 1 RES and 1 DEX every level, etc..
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16893 on: April 18, 2016, 05:09:03 am »

I love all this insane technobabble I can ignore
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16894 on: April 18, 2016, 05:09:24 am »

Not if the armour starts with higher RES to begin with, as most start at 2 or 3 RES and go from there.
Yes, but +1 RES doesn't scale nearly as well...

But you can't because Eirika's sword does it?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16895 on: April 18, 2016, 05:11:46 am »

You can ignore it when you actually give Eirika's blade some damage. And add the other weapons she apparently has to her sheet.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16896 on: April 18, 2016, 05:14:22 am »

Eirika's blade has had damage since the beginning of the game, I've just neglected to add it to her sheet. Reasonably certain it's a 1d8 (2d8, really, but you get what I mean). The crystal sword should be somethingd8 plus something else in cold, and the spear is 1d12.
Black lives matter.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16897 on: April 18, 2016, 05:14:59 am »

I don't think a slightly higher initial value for the bonus really matters when what it needs to protect against grows at a higher rate.

I've been assuming that it depends on what stats the armor started with. Like, an armor that gave +2 RES would get an additional 2 RES every level, and armor that gave 1 RES and 1 DEX getting 1 RES and 1 DEX every level, etc..
That makes a lot more sense to me if it increases at a similar rate.

You can ignore it when you actually give Eirika's blade some damage. And add the other weapons she apparently has to her sheet.
Considering her abysmal Perks and some rather dubious Actions, I think that's the least of her concerns right now.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #16898 on: April 18, 2016, 05:15:38 am »

*slaps emp*
y u do dis

Eh. We'll go with Twin's thing, then.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16899 on: April 18, 2016, 05:16:07 am »

Eirika's blade has had damage since the beginning of the game, I've just neglected to add it to her sheet. Reasonably certain it's a 1d8 (2d8, really, but you get what I mean). The crystal sword should be somethingd8 plus something else in cold, and the spear is 1d12.
That is kind of the sort of thing that you have to add to your sheet since I can't edit your post.
Sigtext!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16900 on: April 18, 2016, 05:17:18 am »

NO
STOP RIGHT THERE
IM NOT REWORKING HER NOW

That is kind of the sort of thing that you have to add to your sheet since I can't edit your post.
sh
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16901 on: April 18, 2016, 05:27:56 am »

I... I think I broke it...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16902 on: April 18, 2016, 05:50:39 am »

Firstly, she has 5 points in Luck, which doesn't even exist right now.

Air of Mystery better have a pretty damn good hidden effect because I doubt a damage reduction of 1 against Ranged Damage would ever be worth a Perk Slot.
Swift-Footed is only useful if she has anything that makes DEX matter when being attacked in melee. Which she doesn't. Even then, a non-scaling +1 is not worth the Perk Slot.
Lend Your Support is not going to help much. Most buffs are far more potent, lack range limits and don't require burning an entire Perk Slot to acquire.
Grima's Gift could scale better. Such as through +Level SYN. That prevents obsoletion and immediately doubles its bonus.

Actions need to have their Levels to be displayed. Right now, without that I could even believe it if they were all only Level 1.

Rally is rather weak, and focusing on the weakest stat of an ally often won't do much. I mean, buffing Mio's SYN isn't going to help her when she doesn't even use SYN.
Taunt is weaker than other target-overwriting Actions right now since it works on the nearest foe rather than a target of the user's choice.
Grima's Guidance, assuming it actually stacks with itself, might be useful if percentage-based or gave a higher bonus, but as it stands, it's awfully anemic and situational at best.
Grima's Rage, even if she lost 100 HP, which is more than she even has, would only deal 20 more damage on average right now. Might be useful if it was upgraded to have more a better bonus.
Tricordrazine at Level 1 is more potent than Grima's Vitality, which is a bit of an issue seeing as Tricordrazine can heal people other than the caster and heals for an additional INT HP the following turn.
Critical Hit is in italics and I don't know why. It doesn't really seem to be worth it. I mean, it sacrifices a second attack to only give a chance of boosting the power of the first. Plus considering the burst damage offered by Grima's Guidance, a "double damage of next attack" Action work better with it.
Parry is underline and I don't know why.

Seriously, right now it's almost as if Erika's from a world of Fire Emblem Political Cartoons. Her Grima Actions current give me the mental images of an ineffectual dragon that have been sarcastically captioned (such as a picture of a an old dragon with a walking aid and a heap of medical bills that's has the caption "Grima's Vitality") :P

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16903 on: April 18, 2016, 05:52:28 am »

stop talking i dont want to think about this
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16904 on: April 18, 2016, 05:52:59 am »

Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 ... 1125 1126 [1127] 1128 1129 ... 1328