Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1139 1140 [1141] 1142 1143 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 883807 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #17100 on: April 21, 2016, 07:23:53 am »

and, what
the one who burned the most shit gets shipped harder and goes higher on the popularity poll
No, they get the glory of the battle. Shipping is separate.

whats so bad about basing peoples opportunities for relationships purely on their ability to demonstrate their might and fight people
like the good old days
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17101 on: April 21, 2016, 07:26:16 am »

I'll probably drop out if this becomes freeform.  At least in a statted system I can come out on top eventually, rather than the person with the best post consistently getting the attention.  It sounds pretty crappy to say "Having good posts shouldn't give you better results consistantly", but it is hard enough keeping my characters relevant when I can at least throw a shitfit in the OOC when they are ignored or swept under the rug so to speak.

I don't have a foot to stand on for complaining about freeform, because it has no meaningful statistics to base decisions on, aside from the GM's opinion and however many "stunts" they burned or whatever.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 07:28:59 am by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17102 on: April 21, 2016, 07:28:26 am »

whats so bad about basing peoples opportunities for relationships purely on their ability to demonstrate their might and fight people
like the good old days
literally fucking everything, because eirika and wilson wouldnt get any if that was the case
Black lives matter.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17103 on: April 21, 2016, 07:29:29 am »

That actually sounds fun, like, in and of itself.
At the very least, it can't possibly be any worse than this:
Well, it requires at least four people to resolve a 1 v. 1 duel. And combat isn't even possible under this system if there are less than four people present. Yeah.

Okay, you know how among the entries in usual list of "Anime Bullshit" there's the teammates who rather than actually fighting, just sort of stand there commentating on a match, even if they're perfectly capable of fighting? Well imagine if the majority of combat was actually decided by their commentary not the actual combatants.

Sure the combatants could influence events a bit by choosing what they do, and making their own statements, and affecting the battlefield, but they're closer to the pseudo-RNG of this system. Where the meat really is would be just how the commentators describe everything. No dice required, just some skill at being a sports commentator. Vague actions by the combatants are fine, even encouraged. So if someone just screams out "The Future Humany Reason Breaker" and throws a punch, it's their commentator's job to really sell it's power and details and the other commentator's job to give it arbitrary weaknesses to be exploited when it gets countered by "Mini Child Dissolution purge Clash".
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17104 on: April 21, 2016, 07:31:28 am »

speedwagon simulator
i'd fucking play it and everyone else should too
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17105 on: April 21, 2016, 07:34:29 am »

Sure it sounds good on paper (okay no, it sounds abhorrent, just good compared to what it is in practice), but during the first and last playtest of it, the commentators just agreed to have a random NPC appear in the ruined remains of a city and seduce both the combatants. Plus all combat involving Alanis under this system would likely just result in her getting punched in the face :P

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17106 on: April 21, 2016, 07:36:27 am »

i thought the comedy aspect was supposed to be the main point of the thing in the first place
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17107 on: April 21, 2016, 07:41:47 am »

Yes, but this is incapable of maintaining anything resembling a coherent plot without GM oversight, which defeats its whole raison d'etre as a semi-autonomous system.

Hopefully one day, if I ever run all the other stuff in my pile of game ideas, I'll be able to run a game under this system where the PCs are gentle(wo)manly thieves, who in order to silently take out guards, have to whip out an old-fashioned microphone and bombastically telegraph their partner's sneak attack like a wrestling commentator or something :P

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17108 on: April 21, 2016, 08:18:24 am »

like the good old days
literally fucking everything, because eirika and wilson wouldnt get any if that was the case

thus they would be unable to breed and their genes would end with them
natural selection at work
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17109 on: April 21, 2016, 08:49:31 am »

:(
Black lives matter.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17110 on: April 21, 2016, 09:31:20 am »

Actions should already cap at the Player's level. It was in the old rules, and should be in the new rules unless Elf left those out :P
So if your level 6, your actions cap at 6.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #17111 on: April 21, 2016, 09:31:59 am »

Sandra's still level 3
i should do that sometime
thincake

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17112 on: April 21, 2016, 09:36:37 am »

Sandra should be level 6, as should everyone.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17113 on: April 21, 2016, 03:00:25 pm »

I'm just going to note that this game is fine as is. We have enough free-form games in other parts of the forum, a structured game is refreshing.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17114 on: April 21, 2016, 03:12:28 pm »

Twinwolf, did you say something about updating?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 1139 1140 [1141] 1142 1143 ... 1328