Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1145 1146 [1147] 1148 1149 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 884061 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #17190 on: April 22, 2016, 01:16:13 pm »

I wasn't joking about quitting if it goes full freeform.  My characters won't be relevant no matter how hard I try with that system of play.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 01:19:35 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17191 on: April 22, 2016, 03:30:30 pm »

I like "Ability Cap of 4 until level 6, at which point it becomes ability level -2, and on level 5 it is level -1."

This, Except: "Ability cap of Level until level 5, then its Level cap of Level-2." Then it will probably be reduced be Level cap of Level-1 at Level 10.
And yes, A floor min of 1 was implied SB.

@TCM, You seem to forget that I'm also a GM. I may be busy most days, but that still doesn't mean you or anyone should keep pestering Elf about things that I could handle. Just, you know, Chillax and send me a pm. I'll answer it when available.

@Projeck, Been busy, sorry about that.

And no. This will never go Freeform if I have anything to say about it.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #17192 on: April 22, 2016, 03:42:41 pm »

While you're around, could you add my sheet post to the OP?

Also, was wondering how to balance out a bauble that'd summon Nobunaga for a turn or so. I want to give it as a quest reward at the end of my subplot.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17193 on: April 22, 2016, 05:23:02 pm »

I like "Ability Cap of 4 until level 6, at which point it becomes ability level -2, and on level 5 it is level -1."

This, Except: "Ability cap of Level until level 5, then its Level cap of Level-2." Then it will probably be reduced be Level cap of Level-1 at Level 10.
And yes, A floor min of 1 was implied SB.

@TCM, You seem to forget that I'm also a GM. I may be busy most days, but that still doesn't mean you or anyone should keep pestering Elf about things that I could handle. Just, you know, Chillax and send me a pm. I'll answer it when available.

@Projeck, Been busy, sorry about that.

And no. This will never go Freeform if I have anything to say about it.
But what if your action is l5 when hitting 6?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17194 on: April 22, 2016, 06:01:42 pm »

what i do
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17195 on: April 22, 2016, 07:18:13 pm »

Um, is there any particular reason for why the Level Cap suddenly decreases at Level 5, and then raises back up at Level 10?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17196 on: April 22, 2016, 08:00:50 pm »

It means you can't put anymore levels into the action until level 7. Other than that, You don't have to change your actions if they happen to be at 5 or 6. Just means you can't put any more levels into it until your under the cap again.

"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17197 on: April 22, 2016, 08:01:43 pm »

what i do

It's not just you, but a lot of people (elf included) have been forgetting that I am a GM as well and can handle some of the work load when available.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17198 on: April 22, 2016, 08:03:38 pm »

[sanure invalidation counter joke]
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17199 on: April 22, 2016, 08:04:10 pm »

ding!
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #17200 on: April 22, 2016, 08:05:31 pm »

While you're around, could you add my sheet post to the OP?

Also, was wondering how to balance out a bauble that'd summon Nobunaga for a turn or so. I want to give it as a quest reward at the end of my subplot.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17201 on: April 22, 2016, 08:07:24 pm »

One of the things I like about the game is the sheer freedom in character-making, and I don't want a convoluted system of limits on it.

Emp, I feel like part of the issue here is that the game is actually much less centered on its mechanics than you're making it seem, and by putting undue focus on it the game is being pushed into something it shouldn't be pushed into.

Oh god this. This is the truth. Originally, there wasn't a true limit on your actions. It was you can only level them up to your level, and even your stats couldn't pass a certain threshold until you leveled up. Your only limit was you. the logic was that your can't have powers stronger than your own spirit (your level in this case) But, when people keep trying to do things that break this logic, that's when caps are put into place. I much prefer Percentage to stat based. It's much easier to run with the 3d6 system in place, Granted, I even did some stat based actions, because even then, they have their use.

@Kingmurdoc, Soon, my sir, soon.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17202 on: April 22, 2016, 08:09:01 pm »

limits happen because emp cant keep the ridiculous, unnecessary (and unnecessarily convoluted) stuff in his pants
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17203 on: April 22, 2016, 09:01:09 pm »

Say, TBF, I was looking at 6AR's sheet (since apparently there's going to be a way to switch plots soon and you wanted to switch him and Alanis), and saw the move "Parry, Dodge, Block". Which is basically 66 extra health that regenerates every turn. Do I actually have to explain my problem with this?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17204 on: April 22, 2016, 09:03:05 pm »

i told you guys
i fucking told you guys
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 ... 1145 1146 [1147] 1148 1149 ... 1328