Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1164 1165 [1166] 1167 1168 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 883491 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #17475 on: April 27, 2016, 10:36:59 am »

wow

fucking spoilers, Sanure

:P
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #17476 on: April 27, 2016, 11:05:35 am »

did penelope ever answer yamal's questions btw

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17477 on: April 27, 2016, 11:07:50 am »

quot pls

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #17478 on: April 27, 2016, 11:11:03 am »

Yamal gives them a thumbs up, taking this opportunity to 'put away' her Rigging to whatever... metaphysical hammerspace it comes from. Hmmm.

"I'm A- ... nevermind. I'm Yamal. Just Yamal. Pleasure to meet you, Riders!" Still sounds cheerful, but one can definitely hear the Icebreaker pausing and deciding better than to trouble these people with her exact identity.

"Oh, right. Those things."
Owari sighs.
"I was out patrollin' for Youma- those black things you fought just now, minor spirits- and uh....I might have somethin' for ya.

There was this weird building, right. Rather suspicious, because the damn place was shuttered but the door; one of those garage doors- looked pretty freshly opened. I took a look, just in case it was a Youma haunt, and.....well, it was deserted, but I saw a ton of weird belts hung up on the racks. I had a closer look and....well, we and Penelope, we go way back, since she helped us bust a bunch of really strong spirits.

These belts looked pretty much like the one she always wears. I, uh, decided to head back quickly and make a call to her, since, y'know, they've been tracking down the belts for ages."

"Ten minutes after we made that call, we were assaulted by this army of Youma."

Penelope appears to be thinking carefully.

"Oh, I see! That makes you the person who called Penelope to begin with, then? Interesting, da!"

"So did I. Thank god...."
Penelope looks over, relieved.
"Although.....there IS something off."
The icebreaker perks up at this. Hmmm?

"The hawk and gorgon....they are not spirits. Or rather, they are not Mirages, as they call them. They are Mysterious Beings; purely biological and terrestrial in origin. I know, since I took them down myself. They were referred to as Shocker and Gorgom. I managed to defeat them two months ago.

There is something odd afoot if they are assisting the Youma in attacking our allies...."

"So, did you actually kill them or what?"

Takatora shakes her head.
"No. We didn't sense anything different from these ones."
"Which makes me think.......I already defeated them, but......if they're here, attacking in the flesh...."

"Even if you got rid of them for good, they could have been clones or something, da? They seem like the kind of monster you could grow in a lab."

the entire post, really, but mostly those parts.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17479 on: April 27, 2016, 11:12:51 am »

;-;
nao i is mus wait

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #17480 on: April 27, 2016, 11:13:22 am »

rip in piece, elf-senpai

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17481 on: April 27, 2016, 01:58:26 pm »

So Elf, do we, like, get the hint to rejoin the big party IC?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17482 on: April 27, 2016, 02:21:52 pm »

Yeah.

After this plot section ends, I'll probably open up the other two sidequests so you guys can split and do them before we move on the actual plot.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17483 on: April 27, 2016, 06:18:43 pm »

Taking the conversation out of the IC:

TBF. Both GMs have explicitly told you 'no'. You have no argument anymore. Rule zero is in effect.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17484 on: April 27, 2016, 06:24:00 pm »

I have an argument, it's just a futile one.

:(
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17485 on: April 27, 2016, 06:43:50 pm »

Yeah, there's no reason a battle droid (which don't have internet connections of any sort last I checked -- you never see them using the holonet from their brains, nor protocol droids, whereas astromechs most certainly CAN, especially because battle droids are not designed to freely gather information which could make them freer in thought) from the Star Wars universe would be able to access the specific protocols and codes or general communication technology that is used by this world. And you might say "communication protocols are never addressed" but it is absolutely silly to think that the Star Wars world, which has technology established as VERY radically different from ours in its internal workings as well as not being of Earth origin in the first place (so why would it be based on Earth technology in the first place? It's more likely not to) would just happen to have TCP/IP and HTML coded in.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17486 on: April 27, 2016, 06:50:01 pm »

I don't see how you wouldn't have similar-enough communications protocols.  Maybe the codes would be different, but bits are bits are bits no matter how advanced the software is.

And HTML is plain text files unless it's got scripting in it.  It's HTTP that's the barrier to entry.  And I'm pretty sure that battle droids would at least have a local network...

You don't see battle droids using the holonet because, uh, they're kinda busy fighting, right?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 06:52:48 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #17487 on: April 27, 2016, 06:53:08 pm »

he has a point, the battle droids were being commanded from orbit as well as presumably coordinating actions over a local network,
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17488 on: April 27, 2016, 06:53:34 pm »

They are in an entirely different galaxy, with different resources, different technological progression, and so on and so on. There is no reason at all to assume they'd have something even slightly similar to what we have when it's based on entirely different technology. Even if they have an equivalent to wifi, there's no reason it'd be compatible with our stuff.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17489 on: April 27, 2016, 06:54:41 pm »

They are in an entirely different galaxy, with different resources, different technological progression, and so on and so on. There is no reason at all to assume they'd have something even slightly similar to what we have when it's based on entirely different technology. Even if they have an equivalent to wifi, there's no reason it'd be compatible with our stuff.

The thing is, everything boils down to binary.  It's not 'entirely different'.  It presumably started from the same roots.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 06:56:59 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 1164 1165 [1166] 1167 1168 ... 1328