Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1185 1186 [1187] 1188 1189 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 883093 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #17790 on: April 29, 2016, 11:31:17 pm »

There have been attempts to do Yugioh RP games and MTG RP games with the cards, they weren't ever really carried through

*Raises hand at mentions of the MTG RP* Will not deny it. It was poorly excecuted.
I tried one once and screwed it up colossally.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17791 on: April 30, 2016, 12:03:58 am »

Wait USEC, what sort of game do you want the system for? Because Lexicon as is has scarce few sanity constraints, as in, are you okay with people just laying down a window and using a defenestration spell to magically propel foes through it at Mach 2?

Of course I need to figure out exactly what my next forum game will be like, but I have ideas. Vague ideas. Which is to say I'm very open to input here.
Horrible ideas incoming
  • Japanese Gameshow Animu abomination that is actually a complex allegory for the current state of American Politics.
  • Role-Playing Game wherein every PC is a sentient Rocket-Propelled Grenade with eldritch powers.
  • Murderbear Rodeo. Cast magic by summoning and riding the primordial bears that mauled all of reality into existence.
  • Generic Medieval Fantasy Jousting. With Segways and unicycles instead of horses, and gattling guns and howitzers instead of lances.
  • Revelations, except the Second Coming doesn't happen, leaving the faithful struggling to survive as they cling to the desperate hope that their Lord shall return soon, all while fending off attacks by the wicked minions of the Great Adversary. Completely non-serious game based on a far more literal interpretation of the term 'Cryto-Apocalypse'.
  • A game wherein all magic works by terraforming its surroundings, twisting the very laws of physics to it's caster's favor in accordance to the spell used. You're not going to be able to magically make your strikes more powerful directly, but you can suddenly turn your surroundings into a cross between a modern MMA arena and something out of a fantasy martial arts film with physics that permit all sorts of acrobatics and powerful attacks. Assuming of course, others don't contest you with their own magic, in which case the worlds collide, overwriting, assimilating, and combining into an unpredictable maelstrom.
  • Phantom Cards.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 01:57:18 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17792 on: April 30, 2016, 01:56:05 am »

-Accidental double post, hit the wrong button-

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17793 on: April 30, 2016, 07:26:38 am »

Not going to lie. Phantom Cards seems really amazing. If I could figure out how it all works and tie it all together, I would definitely use it.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17794 on: April 30, 2016, 08:05:42 am »

I feel like Simuna will eventually just get pissed at everyone in the party because so many of them have a way of making her shots ineffectual. 6AR deflects it, Victoria and Haruka get right back up, Motya heals quickly, Chartre nulls the magic, Anna just takes it and moves on, Idou's Stand gets in the way, and so on.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17795 on: April 30, 2016, 08:07:32 am »

Penelope's armour resists firearms, but Mio's the one exception.

But then Simuna just gets her head punched off. :P

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17796 on: April 30, 2016, 08:08:46 am »

you will all rue the day she gains a piece of equipment that allows her to take two turns in one turn
and also has parov stelar/mint gale requiem/a character of a similar nature use a haste-like ability the turn afterwards
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17797 on: April 30, 2016, 08:24:48 am »

By the way, Twi posted an action for ItE, but I see no perk or action or whatever that lets her keep acting at 0 or lower HP.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17798 on: April 30, 2016, 08:34:04 am »

If I could figure out how it all works and tie it all together, I would definitely use it.
Yeah, the trick's in figuring out how to tie it to the card-based combat system and introduce the customization that your intended audience craves. I mean as is, combat looks like it'd be slower and more methodical seeing as you'd have to prepare everything in advance by using the payphones seeing as looking for a payphone in the middle of a battle might not be the best idea.

Perhaps it could be done as a way to handle deck building, with each phonecall adding a card to the character's arsenal or providing other effects? I mean it'd introduce more planning and whatnot, so that option depends on whether or not people are okay with having to actually make long-term plans beyond "every continue doing what you're doing in combat". Alternatively, I guess you could have everyone run around carrying weaponized payphones, just using them as clubs and whatnot that may be used to cast magic during combat and progressively pimping them out with physical and magical upgrades :P

you will all rue the day she gains a piece of equipment that allows her to take two turns in one turn
At which point it will immediately be confiscated and given to Anna. Because having a Tank that can perform Basic Defense while using Taunt is amazing. As is being able to Aura Charge and attack on the same turn.

By the way, Twi posted an action for ItE, but I see no perk or action or whatever that lets her keep acting at 0 or lower HP.
Detached From This Plane Of Existence: It That Embraces is not of this world. The thing that interacts with others is but a small projection of its vast existence.  This has several major consequences, but the most important is that it cannot die, per se. In fact, it's impossible to gauge its state of injury or lack thereof, as it appears exactly the same no matter how much it's assaulted. When its HP reaches  0, it stops taking actions, but otherwise, it does not visibly change. It still stands, it still stares at those around it. It will even instinctively embrace anything warm that touches it, and if prompted, can move around as though sleepwalking. It can continue to be targeted and take damage, letting it accrue very large amounts of negative HP. Once it returns above 0 HP, it springs back to life again. However, since its true health cannot be known,  It That Embraces can also suddenly 'die'  without any apparent prompting, only to 'revive' at an equally apparently-random time. By random we mean when the plot demands it, of course.
By the looks of it, they're limited to sleepwalking and hugging on physical contact. Not sure if it's passive heal is disabled though.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 08:35:53 am by Empiricist »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17799 on: April 30, 2016, 08:37:45 am »

but
2 turn ~45 damage bullet with 50% armor piercing and a high critical hit chance
;-;
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17800 on: April 30, 2016, 08:47:00 am »

Uh, doesn't Mio deal around that much damage if not higher each turn normally? I mean yeah, without the crit and pierce, but without any set-up either.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17801 on: April 30, 2016, 08:48:18 am »

How about, if we make it to level ten, she has one of those two actions every few turns perks?

Also: I'm just going to assume ItE's regen or whatever does not apply when under 0 HP, because there's nothing that says it does and if it did it'd have been nerfed when Elf was nerfing other parts of her.
Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17802 on: April 30, 2016, 08:50:29 am »

Is anyone planning on having a boss with some sort of Limit Break or otherwise single-use Action that is telegraphed ahead of time? I'll have to rework an Action if that's the case.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17803 on: April 30, 2016, 08:51:45 am »

It's kind of a thing that Persona bosses follow a pattern of moves in the game so I'm planning to have mine do so.
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17804 on: April 30, 2016, 08:55:32 am »

How about, if we make it to level ten, she has one of those two actions every few turns perks?

Also: I'm just going to assume ItE's regen or whatever does not apply when under 0 HP, because there's nothing that says it does and if it did it'd have been nerfed when Elf was nerfing other parts of her.
I think it should apply, because there's nothing that says it shouldn't and it is a perk...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 1185 1186 [1187] 1188 1189 ... 1328