Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1218 1219 [1220] 1221 1222 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 883120 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And this happened why?
Pure Damage. Or Shield-Piercing Damage. Or some other variation of defense-piercing damage.

all will forget
and eventually there'll be another tbf-based shitstorm
that is when the time will come
We'll be fine. Twin disagrees with Fish most of the time, and seeing as they GM'd the setting Alanis is from, and presumably is therefore able to make arbitrary rulings on its laws of magic...
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

i get that the constant back-and-forth with TBF gets annoying but
there comes a point where it seems to lead to some decisions that are less than impartial
did you guys approve the nerfed dodge-parry-block?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

We did. It comes into effect during his first turn. After he takes his slaps like a man. :P

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

there's no practical difference then, tbf

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

No, no it isn't. It's like you don't expect consequences when you screw up majorly.

She also preempted him anyway, so he didn't have time to brace himself.
The consequence was the fight itself already.  Adding "no i half kill u now" is unnecessarily vindictive and just plain bad, especially when...

THAT IS NOT A CARPING GAME MECHANIC.  Are you saying that because she's first in the turn order, he somehow can't dodge at all?  Really?  REALLY?  "Pre-empting" was NEVER discussed and if I had heard of it, Parry Dodge Block would have covered it one way or another.  You're making shit up to be vindictive at this point, as I see it.  Please prove me wrong, but I'm rather ticked off.

We did. It comes into effect during his first turn. After he takes his slaps like a man. :P
...Like I said, abuse of GM fiat much.

Oh well.  It works out roughly the same in the end, although I'm still rather ticked off about it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 02:11:30 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

fish
de-saltify yourself
too much is bad for your health, others health, and is generally just Bad
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

(Yeah, I noticed.  Although there's an extra 11 THP 6AR's not getting now.  Still, slightly annoyed.)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp, there's my cue to get some popcorn.

1. 3-Turn Buff that increases raw damage output by x%. How high will x be at Level 1, and how much will it increase with each level up?

2. 1-Turn Buff that gives the user 1-Turn Shielding or a RES Buff proportional to the amount of damage they deal this turn. Yay or nay?

3. Action that at Level 1 reduces the cooldown on the target action by 2 (as in it reduces the cooldown remaining at time of casting, it doesn't reduce how much cooldown it has with each use, locks for something such as for Mankai will not be considered to be a cooldown). Permissible?

4. Is it possible to have a Passive Action that just grants resistance to a kind of effect? Such as say, Level*10% Stun Resist?

5. Is it possible to have a Free Action with cooldown that duplicates a buff's effect at reduced power on the caster?
1. Is it possible to have a Perk that makes buffs inflicted by the user dispel-resistent? As in, buffs will only have their durations reduced rather than dispelled outright (though if an effect hits zero duration, it gets removed anyway)?

2. Is it possible to have a Perk that grants additional Action Points every few Levels?
Oh, and if you want an excuse to change the subject, boop! :3

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

As I see it, you're trying to more or less negate the consequences of a fuck-up with mechanics. It would've happened regardless of whoever pissed Kyoko off. 6AR was the one who did it, so he gets the slaps. Had Asuka done it, she would've taken the slaps. As would have Haruka
and everyone else.

If you want to keep accusing me of vindictiveness, go ahead. I stick by my claims and tell you to cool off somewhere.

Preemptive strikes aren't a thing. As I said, had nobody pissed her off, she wouldn't even have struck.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

all will forget
and eventually there'll be another tbf-based shitstorm
that is when the time will come
We'll be fine. Twin disagrees with Fish most of the time, and seeing as they GM'd the setting Alanis is from, and presumably is therefore able to make arbitrary rulings on its laws of magic...
that, uh
was adragis, actually
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

Oh well.  It works out roughly the same in the end, although I'm still rather ticked off about it.

Oh hey, wanna know what I'm ticked off about? This~:

Parry Dodge Block (Passive) (3): At the start of the battle, gain (ability) DEX temp-HP before RES, which regenerates at DEX/2 per turn.

That's 11 Temp-HP a turn. (better than most people's regen) and (Ability)DEX Temp HP... which If I'm right, is 3x22=66 HP? Which, I might add, does not a nerf make.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

brace yourselves, folks
carrot cakeu

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

doubt hostility from either side is going to help much

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

that, uh
was adragis, actually
Oh, I must've mixed the games up, that explains why I couldn't remember Alanis. Well, just go bribe Adragis then! :P

Uh, might be a bit late here, but, uh, was Mind Trick working for Charisma rolls approved in the first place? I mean, I recall suggesting giving it the effect of being able to use SYN for Diplomacy (admittedly as a means to restrict Fish into being limited to using it for Charisma rather than any of the controversial stuff such as mind control and whatnot), but I'm not sure if that was ever approved by a GM.
Pages: 1 ... 1218 1219 [1220] 1221 1222 ... 1328