Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1261 1262 [1263] 1264 1265 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 883724 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

if kyle, alanis and anna don't all be part of the 2hu plot, i will be quite disappointed
especially kyle
maybe not so much anna, but it would be nice
just, you know, getting it out there
why Kyle?

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

did somebody wipe your memories of endless carnival or something
am i the only one that remembers that game
it was hysterical, dammit
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Oh yeah...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

did somebody wipe your memories of endless carnival or something
am i the only one that remembers that game
it was hysterical, dammit
I don't really remember that much of it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

re-read the gosh darn thread i want alanis to meet fafnir and be like "oh shit waddup ! please don't shoot me again"
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Well things like that would require Elf or San to declare Endless Carnival canon for the characters that participated.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

why wouldn't it be canon
we already discussed the whole "multiuniversal contact is broken pls nerf" issue
carrot cakeu

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

re-read the gosh darn thread i want alanis to meet fafnir and be like "oh shit waddup ! please don't shoot me again"

alanis: "hey its me, dat boi"
fafnir: "oh shit waddup"

Well things like that would require Elf or San to declare Endless Carnival canon for the characters that participated.

soon it shall be time for the funky trespasser to become canon and assume his throne
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

POPPA BRIGS NEVER APPEARED IN THE IC THREAD IT'S ALL GOOD
carrot cakeu

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

Because as many times as it takes...: As in Basic Attacks? Or just flat-out every attack with their weapon? If the latter case, then for a lot of characters, this just means that all attacks deal max damage. As in, could you imagine Mio if every single last one of her attacks always hit for max automatically? Former case is more reasonable, but could still be iffy seeing as people are able to just pump their Basic Attacks full of points and power them up with Passives, case-in-point, It That Embraces.

His basic weapon attacks only.  And you can't upgrade basic attacks as a rule.

Sly Dodge: Only real use seems to be when No, No, I don't want to die! activates seeing as Tanks can just draw attacks anyway and unless he uses To figure out if they are a man, that is simple enough though, he probably won't know when he'll get targeted. I have no idea why the Perk automatically applies the effect of Basic Defense (damage minimization) when it autocasts an ability that flat-out negates damage in the first place. Not sure what to make of it balance-wise though I doubt Elf likes the thought of it, even factoring in that Damage Over Time and being targeted by more than one foe will still down him.

Because if he has no Patience to use Sly Dodge, it has the backup of also applying his basic defense to lower the damage if it fails to outright negate it.  And that is the whole point, he can only dodge one foe at a time with this ability, even including his perk, which only changes his action to it, rather than applying it to him.  Also, Unless the enemy has low Dex, it consumes a VERY valuble resource that he might only get 100 of per plot, depending.  Every tiny bit of that is crucial.

To figure out if they are a man, that is simple enough though: Decrease the cap. About 3 is what I'd consider to be the maximum, less for balance reasons and more because no one really wants to type out ten hypothetical situations.

Fair

Well of Patience: Might want to switch this out for something else and take it later on, because right now, none of his skills perform any roll-based checks, so unless you figure out a way to just make fifty INT rolls to file tax returns outside of combat, it probably isn't worth it right now.

Nah, there are plenty of rolls he can make, including rolls related to Gambling, Crafting, Heal Checks, and a few others.

The idea is he can regain patience by doing simple things like Gambling, Crafting, and Videogaming.

Not There: Highly doubtful flat-out damage negation with no drawbacks will ever be permitted.

The idea is it recalls his Stand, which is necessary balance for a character that literally funnels damage to it's summoner and has no health of it's own.  Think of it as Negating damage dealt to a part of him instead of an individual entity with health negating damage.

The Drawback is that he takes double damage from AOE, and has an entity you can target that has 0 RES and will never have any more.

Do Over: Again, he has no roll-based checks in his abilities at all right now.

He can use this on any roll in LOS that he is aware of and has the patience to re-roll, this is his whole gimmick is that he has the ability to pick a roll that he knows of in advance, and Set an amount of re-rolls he would be willing to spend on it, picking the roll that suceeds.

Doublevision: Needs to be single-use or have a far longer cooldown. Yes, it's a double-edged sword, but reapplying everything is going to be a pain, and still arguably broken seeing as repeated Limit Breaks are going to cause a lot of pain.

I talked this over with Sanure, I can see it being a pain workwise, but if he uses it to double limit breaks, those limit breaks themselves have cool downs, so he can't really use it like an ult every 2 turns, but instead, only when someone else uses an ult.

It should be really easy, because no new rolls are made, it just re-does last turn.

I'll consider upping it to 4 turns of cooldown, but even that is a bit much, and you might have to convince me a bit more.

Anything else?
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

If we can't upgrade basic attacks, someone tell that to It that Embraces...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

If we can't upgrade basic attacks, someone tell that to It that Embraces...
Aye.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

I agree, but I remember that being a flat out rule that you can't pour points into Basic Attacks.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Uhh... No?
Sigtext

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

I mean, the OP says nothing of the sort and, IIRC, Aesford has an upgraded Basic Action too.

So, yeah.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 1261 1262 [1263] 1264 1265 ... 1328