Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1311 1312 [1313] 1314 1315 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 883748 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #19680 on: June 11, 2016, 09:44:02 pm »

The nerfs are non-negotiable though, Sanure said. Unless I'm misinterpreting what you mean.

I did say. But I think he means implementing them or something *shrugs*
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19681 on: June 11, 2016, 09:51:17 pm »

Implementation.  Exactly.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #19682 on: June 11, 2016, 10:57:28 pm »

wait are we actually killing the "add level to stat" perks because that seems kind of unnecessary
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #19683 on: June 11, 2016, 11:17:27 pm »

just not letting them break a cap it looks like
the points are still freed up for use elsewhere
you just can't go hypersuper minmax with em

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #19684 on: June 12, 2016, 03:07:47 am »

Oh.
My new character was going to have a perk that raised her caps (not removed, just raised).
Would that be okay, assuming the raise wasn't too drastic?
thincake

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19685 on: June 12, 2016, 05:02:45 am »

Sanure did imply that cap-raisers were fine. So I don't see why not ^__^
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #19686 on: June 12, 2016, 05:59:23 am »

yoy
paladin pop idol is in effect
thincake

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19687 on: June 12, 2016, 07:22:42 am »

wait are we actually killing the "add level to stat" perks because that seems kind of unnecessary

Not killing, only nerfing it. As is, it becomes far to broken.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19688 on: June 12, 2016, 07:36:32 am »

This is a repository of assorted suggestions made thus far. Or as I like to call it, The Pit of Despair :P

Gauge-Based Ailments
Suggested by: Shadestyle, Twinwolf
The idea is that ailments such as Stun, fill up an associated gauge that gradually depletes. The ailment is only inflicted upon the gauge becoming fully filled. What this means is that ailments won't utterly overwhelm foes but are still useful enough to be worthwhile. Furthermore as it uses a gauge rather than an affliction rate, they become more reliable due to being less dependent on chance.
  • Extension Segmented-Gauge Ailments
    Suggested by: Empiricist
    So you take the above, and make multiple, progressively worsening effects run off of the same gauge. For instance, a Stun gauge could be split off into multiple sub-gauges, each representing a worsening stage of INIT Drop. Hence it won't be an all-or-nothing system, and certain ailments would synergize quite well. For instance, INIT Drop and Stun would work well together due to sharing the same gauge. Furthermore, something like Damage Over Time could have an arbitrarily long gauge but with subgauges of set size, meaning that as more gauges fill up, the effect deals more damage each turn.

Standardized Ailments
Suggested by: Twinwolf
Should be fairly self-explanatory, common ailments become standardized allowing them to be handled faster (as there is no need to keep track of every single Damage Over Time effect that may be inflicted for instance). Plus it makes everything that inflicts random ailments easier to use as it just needs to pick one from the list of those that have been standardized.

Merchants
Suggested by: Shadestyle
Merchant NPCs will appear on-ship that sell various goods and services. This provides greater flexibility in crafting due to the ability to buy and sell materials, as well as allowing the party to obtain consumables as stopgap measures as needed. Plus it lets stuff from settings that no plot has been made for to still be obtainable.

Free Feature Slot on "Hit Harder" Actions
Suggested by: Empiricist
Currently in order to give a "Hit Harder" Actions additional effects, it must be done either via a Free Action Overlay, or by sacrificing the power of the attack. Suppose however that each "Hit Harder" instead was permitted to have an additional effect that cannot be a damage upgrade. Permissible effects would include RES-Piercing, ailment affliction chance, and the like. By letting people give their damage dealing attacks such features without being forced to sacrifice damage (which would be against the whole raison d'etre), this should encourage greater variety in such Actions.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 07:39:24 am by Empiricist »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #19689 on: June 12, 2016, 07:45:06 am »

Gauge-Based Ailments: No, adds too much work to turn writing as in addition to whatever shenanigans you already have, we also have to keep track of the gauges.

Standardized Ailments: We discussed this. Not going to happen, there's just too much potential variation and no logical reason for everything to be standardized.

Merchants: Tentative veto. This may be implemented in a limited scale later on, but as is, I'm not a fan of the idea at all. We'll see about it in future.

Free Feature Slot: Give me an example. This looks interesting but I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19690 on: June 12, 2016, 07:49:22 am »

Basically, right now, if you wanted to say, give God Hand a bit of RES-Pierce or a slight Stun chance, you'd have to sacrifice some of it's damage. The idea here is, you get to give it one of those additional non-damage amplification effects for free (i.e. you don't have to sacrifice power to add it on).

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19691 on: June 12, 2016, 07:54:06 am »

Not sure I really like it all that much. Perhaps if adding on an extra feature forces you to take an extra drawback on the attack, then I'd consider it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19692 on: June 12, 2016, 07:58:23 am »

Perhaps if adding on an extra feature forces you to take an extra drawback on the attack, then I'd consider it.
That's how it currently works, rendering it usually inefficient to give "Hit Harder" Actions additional effects as it compromises their purpose.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19693 on: June 12, 2016, 08:00:43 am »

Well, presumably the purpose of a 'Hit Harder' action is to give a bit of extra damage, nothing more nothing less, is it not?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19694 on: June 12, 2016, 08:16:43 am »

Yeah, but they're kinda monotonous due to damage types rarely being relevant :P
Pages: 1 ... 1311 1312 [1313] 1314 1315 ... 1328