Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 971 972 [973] 974 975 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 736286 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Vertex and God trees! Oh my!
« Reply #14580 on: January 27, 2016, 10:31:05 am »

Garnt continues being wherever the plot requires.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14581 on: January 27, 2016, 10:47:28 am »

((In order of How I Think Things Probably Occurred:))
==Boxwood==
((Not quoting that.))
"Ha.  I've noticed.  Oh, I've noticed...

Maybe we should talk about that at some point.  When I'm back to relatively normal.  Not right now."

She says nothing more.

It That Embraces hugs... well, everyone, probably, at some point. ENG excepted. But definitely Alanis and Tourmaline and Boxwood, in some order or another. The cute/hardboiled catsquid doesn't seem to faze the Primordial in the slightest, by the way.

For Alanis in particular, though, It That Embraces has something approaching disappointment. [Are you telling me my wounds are not real? You saw them, you felt them, did you not?]
"Everything happened.  Everything keeps happening.  I don't know why everyone thinks I'm denying that...  Agh, I don't know...  It's just...  I can't deny [what I've seen]...  It's...  I...  I don't..."
The hug continues for a good while. 
And quite possibly, the tears.

"You new around here?"
A girl's voice speaks to Alanis from behind or next to him.
"Yeah..."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #14582 on: January 27, 2016, 10:53:58 am »

For Alanis in particular, though, It That Embraces has something approaching disappointment. [Are you telling me my wounds are not real? You saw them, you felt them, did you not?]
"Everything happened.  Everything keeps happening.  I don't know why everyone thinks I'm denying that...  Agh, I don't know...  It's just...  I can't deny [what I've seen]...  It's...  I...  I don't..."
The hug continues for a good while. 
And quite possibly, the tears.

INdeed. The hugs are kept tight. Or were kept tight? Timelines.
[If you are not saying that, then I do not understand what you are saying.]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #14583 on: January 27, 2016, 10:56:00 am »

"Huh. You look....lonely. Mind if I sit next to you?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14584 on: January 27, 2016, 10:57:01 am »

She stops crying for a moment.
"It's the Matrix all over again, except that it's not really the Matrix.  Because the Matrix is slightly more humans-centric.

Things happen in there, and they're real enough for the people experiencing them, but there are hints that things are less real on the outside looking in."

====
"Huh. You look....lonely. Mind if I sit next to you?"
"It can't hurt any."
It looks like Alanis has been crying.
What does this person look like?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 10:58:46 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #14585 on: January 27, 2016, 11:04:07 am »

She stops crying for a moment.
"It's the Matrix all over again, except that it's not really the Matrix.  Because the Matrix is slightly more humans-centric.

Things happen in there, and they're real enough for the people experiencing them, but there are hints that things are less real on the outside looking in."

[I'm not sure such a simulation is even possible. Your mind can barely comprehend me at the best of times, after all.
Not that it matters. You cannot escape from this reality, whether it is real or not. I have not sensed anything amiss with it, and I have investigated my surroundings quite thoroughly. If it is real enough for me, it should be more than real enough for you.]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14586 on: January 27, 2016, 11:05:12 am »

As the person sits next to them, Alanis can see them more clearly. They look a little blurry, through her tears. Her black hair reaches down to her chin, with a small lily ornament in her hair. Her eyes are a brilliant blue, and her face is small, though not overly so. Her frame is quite thin and small, but Alanis reckons she's about her age or a year younger at the most. Her clothing is a stark white; white jacket, light denim jeans and white sneakers. You feel as if she looks familiar, but you can't quite place who she looks like.

She sways her legs around in front of the chair as she lightly holds a coffee. She frowns as she realizes Alanis has been crying.
"Aw. What happened?"
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:07:24 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14587 on: January 27, 2016, 11:12:12 am »

"I don't deny that I probably can't pull a proper Neo, but...I can't deny what I've seen either, as much as I'd even prefer to have never noticed it in the first place.  I know it's all the real I'm going to get...  And I know there's no rewind.  Unless I can actually SAVE in the Undertale universe...  But that's probably stupid.  I...Just can't ignore the stuff that's practically screaming about 'this place is probably not real, somewhere else...'

(By the way, 'What I've seen' is referring to several incidents in various places where Alanis heard references to the game being a game.  And the out of place guy.  Which ItE would probably 'hear'.)"

====

"You'd think I was crazy if I told you..."
Sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14588 on: January 27, 2016, 11:13:47 am »

Eirika returns it after a moment, actually not wearing her mask.
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14589 on: January 27, 2016, 11:15:19 am »

She smiles at him, shaking her head.
"Nuh-uh. I've seen a lot of crazy things. What could you tell me that would make you sound crazy?"
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:20:44 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #14590 on: January 27, 2016, 11:15:55 am »

"I don't deny that I probably can't pull a proper Neo, but...I can't deny what I've seen either, as much as I'd even prefer to have never noticed it in the first place.  I know it's all the real I'm going to get...  And I know there's no rewind.  Unless I can actually SAVE in the Undertale universe...  But that's probably stupid.  I...Just can't ignore the stuff that's practically screaming about 'this place is probably not real, somewhere else...'

(By the way, 'What I've seen' is referring to several incidents in various places where Alanis heard references to the game being a game.  And the out of place guy.  Which ItE would probably 'hear'.)"

[...
No. You are seeing what you want to see. What you expect to see. Seeing patterns that in reality amount to nothing.
Besides, even if it was true, would it change anything?]
Disappointed Primordial intensifies.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14591 on: January 27, 2016, 11:17:33 am »

Eirika also vaguely feels like she needs to be gay for another blue text person
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14592 on: January 27, 2016, 11:25:06 am »

"It doesn't.  It never has.  I don't know...I just don't.  But...I can't believe I'm making this up.

Nkthing ever changes..."

She flops forward onto the Primordial's shoulder, clearly just...Not up for further talking.

====
"I get to say I told you so, but...
I'm pretty sure that the multiverse we're in is a fictional construct.  Somewhere.  Like the Matrix.  Only, well, not the Matrix because the Matrix is stupid.  If you even know what I'm talking about, that's 600 or so years ago or something for you.  Probably.  If you're from here."
Sigtext

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #14593 on: January 27, 2016, 11:26:42 am »

"It doesn't.  It never has.  I don't know...I just don't.  But...I can't believe I'm making this up.

Nkthing ever changes..."

She flops forward onto the Primordial's shoulder, clearly just...Not up for further talking.

[If it doesn't mean anything, if it doesn't matter, you shouldn't trouble others with it.]
The Primordial cuddles Alanis. Sternly. Somehow.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14594 on: January 27, 2016, 11:29:16 am »

There is no response save more tears.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 971 972 [973] 974 975 ... 1862