Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue the story?

Nah, wait until other players are ready.
- 3 (33.3%)
Heck yeah, you lazy GM!
- 5 (55.6%)
No, screw you.
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: February 12, 2016, 05:53:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 120

Author Topic: RWBY: Crimson Sands (OOC)  (Read 113318 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: RWBY: Crimson Sands (OOC)
« Reply #615 on: November 27, 2015, 09:55:48 pm »

I'm unhappy that my semblance that I really liked has just been told to fuck itself in favor of one that I'm never going to use since I might as well just be using something better. I'm sitting out because I'd rather not argue about it.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 27, 2015, 10:10:27 pm »

Lower crit by 6%, thus removing crit chance? Since that would effectively be having 0 Dex when it comes to crits.

Was there supposed to be something here?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 27, 2015, 10:12:24 pm »

I'm unhappy that my semblance that I really liked has just been told to fuck itself in favor of one that I'm never going to use since I might as well just be using something better. I'm sitting out because I'd rather not argue about it.
What about +3.

Max:
Okay, so once again for the fighter class, it gives +2 damage instead of strength, as well as +2 damage resistance for armor. As your secondary class, caster, you have +1 dust ATTACK, not proficiency, as well as a straight +5 to your dust capacity. Also, caster does not grant Aura, refer to this post for what classes give what.

As for your traits, you get to raise a subattribute that you use by one or two, but lower another that you use by that amount.

For perks, you get two. Something that relates to what your character does, like fire and stuff if thats your gist.

As for your semblance, if it causes fire to go around you as you burn, perhaps something like this:
     When Max is angry, fire envelops around his body and whatever he touches. Deals 2d6-2 fire dust damage each turn to all characters near him when activated. For every 10 Aura lost, increase this damage by 2.

For your weapon, I suggest these:
     Phoenix Form: +2 Dust Attack, negates damage penalty of fire dust.
     Hellblazer Form: +2 Damage, +1 Precision.

Lower crit by 6%, thus removing crit chance? Since that would effectively be having 0 Dex when it comes to crits.

Was there supposed to be something here?
oops, it got deleted. I'm not quite sure about this, since crit isn't really procced much on players that don't build around it, and +2 precision isn't something to laugh at for the expense of a dump stat. Ask Projeck when he comes online.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 27, 2015, 10:14:17 pm »

+3 to the effect? Because that sounds fine since I can only change the dust in one of Goldy's weapons.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 27, 2015, 10:17:07 pm »

So how do you apply the archetype bonuses?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 27, 2015, 10:22:19 pm »

oops, it got deleted. I'm not quite sure about this, since crit isn't really procced much on players that don't build around it, and +2 precision isn't something to laugh at for the expense of a dump stat. Ask Projeck when he comes online.

Presumably 3% crit is equal to 1 Precision since increasing Dexterity by one increases both substats by that amount. But then again this system hasn't been playtested yet (I think) so who knows. If Crit is really that useless then maybe it should be buffed a bit.

Anyways, I'm not sure how to make Rose's Semblance work in mechanicial terms. Would including a perk that allows her to add her Aura to ranged damage work? Mostly because I think that Auras are connected to Semblances somehow and I'm not sure what else to do. It's not a crunchy power...

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 27, 2015, 10:25:42 pm »

+3 to the effect? Because that sounds fine since I can only change the dust in one of Goldy's weapons.
Her old semblance was doubling the effect, so how is that much different?

So how do you apply the archetype bonuses?
Assassin: + dmg and movespeed
   If primary, you gain a flat +2 bonus to your damage and movement speed. If secondary, it is only +1.
Sniper: + dmg and precision
   Primary gains +2 flat damage, and +2 precision, the subattribute (to hit). Secondary gains +1.
Fighter:  + dmg and defense
   +2 damage, +2 damage reduction to the armor subattribute. Secondary gains +1.
Caster: + dust attack, +10/5 dust capacity
   +2 to the dust attack subattribute (not dust proficiency), and +10 DC if its primary. If secondary, +1 dust attack and +5 DC. Btw, the DC bonus is pretty huge.
Defender: + defense and +15/8 aura
   +2 to armor, +15 aura if primary. If secondary, +1 armor and +8 aura.
Support: + dust attack, +15/8 aura
   +2 dust attack, +15 aura if primary. If secondary, +1 dust attack and +8 aura.

Presumably 3% crit is equal to 1 Precision since increasing Dexterity by one increases both substats by that amount. But then again this system hasn't been playtested yet (I think) so who knows. If Crit is really that useless then maybe it should be buffed a bit.

Anyways, I'm not sure how to make Rose's Semblance work in mechanicial terms. Would including a perk that allows her to add her Aura to ranged damage work? Mostly because I think that Auras are connected to Semblances somehow and I'm not sure what else to do. It's not a crunchy power...
Crit is a pretty negligible chance for people who don't get perks that increase it, like orchid.
As for her semblance, it could perhaps give bonus damage equal to Aura/5, so it decreases as she gets damaged, but makes her more useful at the start of the fight. Perhaps with stuff to give her more aura, this could make for big damage bonuses.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 27, 2015, 10:26:32 pm »

Spoiler: Gregory Senth (click to show/hide)
This look good, or do I need to change Something else?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 27, 2015, 10:29:24 pm »

pls no EXPLOSIVE RAGE, that shit is too op. Same with self-destructive. Same with his semblance.
Please redo, no straight multipliers to damage, unless it's like ONE 1.5*  when he is berserk.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 27, 2015, 10:32:03 pm »

Well, it dosen't scale so it's just okay with better dust, but it also increases the dust effects by more than double so it's still makes having low grade as in Goldy's tattoos not completely crap.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 27, 2015, 10:34:12 pm »

Quote from: PrivateNomad
As for her semblance, it could perhaps give bonus damage equal to Aura/5, so it decreases as she gets damaged, but makes her more useful at the start of the fight. Perhaps with stuff to give her more aura, this could make for big damage bonuses.

Oh. I meant the Aura stat originally but that is a much better idea, honestly. I'm going to go with that for sure.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 27, 2015, 10:37:04 pm »

Well, it dosen't scale so it's just okay with better dust, but it also increases the dust effects by more than double so it's still makes having low grade as in Goldy's tattoos not completely crap.
With her old semblance, when you have something like Grade 4 dust, say, red dust, instead of doing -8 damage and doing 2d6 damage over two turns, she deals -16 damage and deals 2d6 damage over four turns. When you have something that scales that well, it tends to go out of control. A flat bonus is much better, as it doesn't spiral out of control but still stacks with better dust.

Quote from: PrivateNomad

Oh. I meant the Aura stat originally but that is a much better idea, honestly. I'm going to go with that for sure.
Yes, I like this idea too. A semi-tank, sort of.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 27, 2015, 10:40:21 pm »

Spoiler: Gregory Senth (click to show/hide)
Changed what you asked for, Any better?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 27, 2015, 10:41:05 pm »

I could give Lifeline a low passive healing rate for as long as Fontanne is in contact with a tangible amount of water?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 27, 2015, 10:47:09 pm »

Yes, I like this idea too. A semi-tank, sort of.

Kinda. She is fragile at the moment but after a few level-ups will certainly be able to take a few hits. Which is good, because she is complete crap in melee and so will eventually need to hold out while her teammates come to assist. Unless there's no penalties for ranged attacks against someone besides you of course.

Also, two last things:
Her primary role is obviously Sniper. But what about her second one? Mayby Support since she's good with dust? However dust works.
For the single/big shot mode on her weapon, what would I use to balance out a small~medium AoE? Would spending an earlier turn to set it up work?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 120