Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 161

Author Topic: Our Salvation: It Is Written  (Read 249660 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Our Salvation: Leaps of Faith
« Reply #1980 on: January 26, 2017, 03:28:45 pm »

((I am not sure how the text turned orange there. I'm forced to assume Daniels was idly reminiscing about Doritos at the time.))

I thought it worked nicely as a way to accentuate the name. It works if you imagine him flashing a grin and there being an immediate twinkle.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: January 26, 2017, 06:15:35 pm »

((I am not sure how the text turned orange there. I'm forced to assume Daniels was idly reminiscing about Doritos at the time.))

I thought it worked nicely as a way to accentuate the name. It works if you imagine him flashing a grin and there being an immediate twinkle.
Oh, that's nice. I'll switch it back to that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: January 26, 2017, 07:32:21 pm »

((Haha, I thought the orange text was intentional and a neat roleplaying detail.))

"Oh, hey, that's a good idea. Usually I approach situations like these by jumping in without a backup plan."

I search this floor for sheets, coats, anything made of cloth tough enough to hold a person's weight, and tie these objects together into a thirty-ish-foot rope. While I'm at it, I search for a lamp, candle, lantern, or any portable source of light. When I have completed the rope, I tie one end to something sturdy near the hole and drop the other end down into the darkness.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 07:23:12 am by penguinofhonor »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: January 27, 2017, 01:46:44 am »

((Haha, I thought the orange text was intentional and a neat roleplaying detail.))
((That was my impression too.))

"Come on, I was hungry! When someone leaves a breakfast next to your bed, it's common courtesy to enjoy it. I didn't exactly ask for apples, but thanks anyway.
How to find way to sun? Well, I could use same trick I used last time when I had to get up, carving my way through miles of solid stone in seconds towards my beacon, but I'm not in such hurry this time. I figured I could employ some less destructive method this time around. You people would appreciate that, wouldn't you? It's not like I let loose inevitable apocalypse every time I fall below local surface level."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: January 27, 2017, 08:43:35 am »

((Well, the accidental shall now be continued into the intentional. Funny how these things develop.))
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: January 27, 2017, 08:45:50 am »

A neat trick, really.  Pretty sure they use a curtain for that.  "Well, that's that problem taken care of.  Wonder where the ranger went?   Oh, Mister Ranger sir!"

Hunt for the ranger; see where he went.

You get up slowly and look around - among the wormhills, the craters and the bare, sandy earth in between them you see nobody and, indeed, nothing living or otherwise within a mile or more around you, the outback having given way to utter wasteland, an occasional gust of wind kicking dust up into the air as you look all around you.

You shout a call for the ranger, but there is no response. Seems to have gone off somewhere, you think.

Daniels shrugs. "Hey, listen to the lady. Not like I really know how to fix your ankle.

So, Rainbow. I know you probably wanna do mindery things with me, but what's all this about a captain? Where's he? Or she, I shouldn't discriminate."

Rainbow laughs. She'd like to do mindery things with you indeed.

Big Dipper grumbles and starts to show Alphonse the way shipward as Rainbow comes over to your side, seeing them off. Dipper makes an excellent fourth mate, she says, demotion's done him a world of good. The man's far better at taking orders than giving them to be sure.

[The Business of the Day: 4]

But yes, the captain. Rainbow takes a measured step to the side and flags down a passing local-looking man. They exchange a stare before Rainbow looks at you. The captain seems to be awake, curiously enough! Must have had one of his ominous dreams. It would probably be reasonable to introduce yourself to him at some point, but no use in rushing things overmuch, is there? No doubt when he is ready to receive you he will tell you himself - Dipper will be sure to notify him sooner rather than later.

Until that point, perhaps you'd care for breakfast? She is rather curious what they've come up with in the inn today. They haven't quite topped the roe-glazed snake cake from last week, but if any day's the one for them to sincerely try, this would no doubt be the one.

"Oh, er, I think I'll watch you work, if you don't mind. That should be interesting.
... You mentioned 'edge-metal'? May I ask what that is? I consider myself fairly well-versed in materials but I can't say I've heard of it before."

Put on the helmet, then let's see what this place is like. Even if I don't like the sound of this 'dungeon'.

You put on the helmet and feel altogether less disturbingly luminous, the helmet's material feeling very odd as your light hits it from the inside - it seems to wash up against it and gather up, growing sluggish and collecting in place, even congealing as it begins to exert minute pressure on your head.

The alderman seems very pleased to have your interest - follow him, the dungeon is right below the old cathedral! You look around and notice there seems to be no shortage of those around. When you remark on this he feels compelled to explain - no, that right there is a promontory, he says as he points out one of the more cathedral-looking buildings with strange funnel-like windows covered in reflective stained glass. Just like they have in El, he's heard. You wouldn't know personally, but he says that's what they look like. And that right there is a temple of the machine-gods of Vus, he points at something reminiscent of the Sagrada Familia if it were fashioned out of steel and miniaturized, its exterior patrolled by a pair of steel-clad individuals whose hands and feet end in long blades crab crawling around - one approaches to give their regards and perhaps ask for a donation to the cause of the swarm that will devour all. The alderman responds by kicking him away into the spire of the temple, which the poor guard appears to stick to. Simplest solution, he confides, as the machinists like to employ advanced sophistry.

But yes, you were asking about edge-metal - it's not the most scientific term, he must admit. Edge-metal is hazy in definition, and really it could be a lot of things without further clarification. It is a blanket term, you could say, for metals extracted from the vertex of the world. There's a lot of guff about extrauniversal voltages and similar things to be talked about there, but honestly it's just metal that is a bit weird in some way. For instance, yours does seem to interact curiously with the light in places. Not really the most expensive kind of edge-metal, you understand - usually people look for something like supernatural strength or a lack of friction or the ability for even a cylinder made of it to be ungodly sharp, but he supposes not all batches of transformed ore can be winners.

You come to the old cathedral, which apart from being made of wood seems about in keeping with what you'd expect a cathedral to look like. It happens to be at the dismal bottom of one of the alleys. Emaciated, wretched corpse-folk scatter as you pass, and things with bear trap maws, teeth like squirming worms, altogether too many eyes and too many other deformities to helpfully tabulate tip increasingly bizarre varieties of exotic hats to you. The alderman wrenches the stubborn side door of the cathedral open, sending a noticeable crack creeping a little further in the wall, and you head through a darkened, deserted main hall filled with broken pews to find a side passage down, its door far newer than the rest of the building. The alderman fishes an enormous key out of his pocket and unlocks it with a bit of trouble, ushering you down into a passage that goes on for a bit longer than you would consider reasonable. That there are also gurgling screams that grow progressively louder as you head down similarly sounds like an ill omen.

Eventually you reach the dungeon proper, which does look a bit more open than you would expect a dungeon to be, its main chamber placed in an ancient, cracked stone dome of unrecognizable make, covered in faded carvings of faces in varying states of anguish that seem to have grown only more vividly deformed with age. A gang of gangly fellows with sharp, bloodstained beaks that appear to have subsumed about ninety percent of their faces regard you with shining eyes as both you and the alderman head down, and in front of them you see a throng of mistreated creatures in chains - mummified, skeletonized or merely decayed, all with frayed limbs and pitiful expressions, they kneel on the ground as their wardens raise a variety of sharp and uncomfortable implements. Greetings, the wardens say in unison, just business as usual today, and their many hands move suddenly to stab, smash and tear into them in staggeringly painful-looking ways.

[Dread Eternity: 2]

Admittedly well-rehearsed, the alderman compliments reservedly as the daily torture ensues. Can't fault the wardens for enthusiasm, though he is a little disappointed in how dispirited the shrieking is today. He looks to you - do they seem a little down to you as well? The prisoners, he means. Morale is a perpetual issue, after all.

"Oh, hey, that's a good idea. Usually I approach situations like these by jumping in without a backup plan."

I search this floor for sheets, coats, anything made of cloth tough enough to hold a person's weight, and tie these objects together into a thirty-ish-foot rope. While I'm at it, I search for a lamp, candle, lantern, or any portable source of light. When I have completed the rope, I tie it to something sturdy near the hole and drop it down into the darkness.

Luckily for you there happens to be a reasonably appointed bedroom within very easy reach, and the dresses held in there tend to have a good amount of silk in them when not made of it entirely. So you're hardly lacking stuff to make a rope out of. You and the doctor set down to it with the gusto of two prisoners working on an escape plan.

[Urban Spelunkers Extraordinaire: 3]

At the end of it you dare say you have a somewhat respectable rope - respectable enough to climb down in any case. And a lamp is easy enough to find in the laboratory as well, which goes rather well with your own little supply of lamp oil. Putting a flask of it in there and lighting it, you tie the rope around your waist and tell the doctor to wrap the other end around something sturdy - the doctor, after lengthening the rope a little with some additions, goes for a bookshelf in the nearby library, and holds on to the other end as you start to lower yourself into the pit.

Luckily for you, it does only seem to go down for perhaps forty feet. Somewhat unluckily, your own rope appears to take you down about thirty feet plus not quite enough change. It doesn't really secure you a landing, but you do get a good look at what exactly seems to be at the bottom - unsurprisingly it's corpses. A lot of corpses.

Not human corpses, either. All kinds of them - hairless dogs, cats, a spectacular selection of cavern-dwelling rodents, quite a lot of birds, a massive number of carrion insects, worms and more besides that - all just gathered into one pile, one on top of the other, not decayed in the way you would expect but rather looking strangely jellied and darkened, a faintly choking, significantly medicinal odor emanating from the pile underneath the overall smell of rot that seems to be coming from the sides of the chamber below - and it does appear to be something of a chamber, although your elevated position hardly lets you see much more. Natural from the looks of it, although you'd need to drop down to see more.

The doctor looks down, no longer needing to lower you down. There do appear to be a lot of dead things down there. Can you see anything else, perhaps?

"Come on, I was hungry! When someone leaves a breakfast next to your bed, it's common courtesy to enjoy it. I didn't exactly ask for apples, but thanks anyway.
How to find way to sun? Well, I could use same trick I used last time when I had to get up, carving my way through miles of solid stone in seconds towards my beacon, but I'm not in such hurry this time. I figured I could employ some less destructive method this time around. You people would appreciate that, wouldn't you? It's not like I let loose inevitable apocalypse every time I fall below local surface level."

He does have a point, a voice that makes the back of your skull itch says. He is able to manifest powers unlike mere tricks, and bring about mass destruction through carelessness just as easily as through effort. It would be unwise to test him even here, as even he scarcely knows the real extent of his power.

Fair point, the booming voice says! Yeah, tricks for rabbits would likely bring doom upon all their heads, the smaller voice concurs. Though it would be funny to see if apple-knowledge changes matters any, the irreverent one chitters as well. But what could they do instead? The rules do specify a certain level of obfuscation is required. Earnest, the booming voice calls out! Has he got any ideas? Earnest meekly proposes that maybe this is an extraordinary case of sorts and that the rules do not necessarily apply, yes? A murmur is sent through the masses, and resolves into affirmation! Yes! The rules should likely be bent a little, the greater voice says - but only a little!

So let it be this way, wandering rabbit! You name the game, and leave the stakes to them! In this they will assess your worth and worthiness, and your suitability in all manner of things! You seem like a nice enough fellow after all, untold cosmic power at your fingertips notwithstanding.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: January 27, 2017, 10:08:18 am »

"Mr. Ranger?  Sir?   Ah.  Well, Claire, I don't suppose you know where he went either?  Sword, what about you?"

Either of them have ideas?  If no, pack up whatever is left of camp and head onward.  I believe we were headed along the canyon looking for a bridge.

If they do have a lead, follow it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: January 27, 2017, 10:16:02 am »

"Oh, if you need to eat feel free, but I don't really seem to be affected by hunger. It's really convenient, actually. Side note, what does the word 'well' mean to you?"
Sig! Onol

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: January 27, 2017, 01:25:05 pm »

"Game? I'm not much of gamer, but if there's one game I'm good at, and it's a drinking game! Contest of drinking mind altering liquids to see whose mind and body can withstand largest quantity and quality! After all, I'm devout follower of Ęgir, the brewer of gods!"

"Let's get wasted!"

Let's get wasted! And let Ęgir know about approaching drinking contest. Assuming it indeed approaches. Gonna need his blessings.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: January 28, 2017, 09:40:33 am »

"Well, to be honest I'd certainly be more than a little down following what looks like an eternity of torture. What did they even do?"
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: January 29, 2017, 05:38:05 pm »

"No, I can't get close enough to the floor to see much," I yell. "We'll need to make the rope a little longer. Help me back up." I climb back up the rope, pull it up into the lab, lengthen it with some more cloth from the bedroom, and then climb back down into the cave.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: January 30, 2017, 02:04:00 pm »

"Mr. Ranger?  Sir?   Ah.  Well, Claire, I don't suppose you know where he went either?  Sword, what about you?"

Either of them have ideas?  If no, pack up whatever is left of camp and head onward.  I believe we were headed along the canyon looking for a bridge.

If they do have a lead, follow it.

Claire breathes calmly for a moment and continually fails to blink as she gets up, little gray shapes dancing in her mind's eye as she looks at you. No comment, she mouths quietly. You look at your sword, looking unusually and ineffably turgid.

One must admit that one has little idea on who you might mean. Material is material, after all. As for a bridge, one may have a solution for that - much material has been tested and checked along the course of the year, and there is rather a surplus of it on hand. Stab it where you would like a bridge to begin, and look to where you would like it to end. The rest will be taken care of accordingly.

You notice Claire looking distrustfully at your sword. Only for a moment, mind you. She averts her eyes and starts walking quickly away right after.

"Oh, if you need to eat feel free, but I don't really seem to be affected by hunger. It's really convenient, actually. Side note, what does the word 'well' mean to you?"

Join her anyway, then - conversation without a good meal to go with it is such a waste of time, and vice versa. She ushers you inside - the inn is littered with many an unconscious and half-conscious body, and reeks of vomit mixed with excellent ale thickly enough to give you a moment's pause as you head in. Rainbow navigates the remainder of the awake patrons handily, and motions to a pair of men, brothers most likely, clad in white smocks stained with a great deal of powdered spices as well as many-colored sauces, oils and meaty juices. A feast, she whispers in a way that makes them snap to attention, for an honored guest!

You take a spot at a table that empties instantly for you, and are brought a hearty breakfast of minced turkey and omelette in the style of faraway El with a side of what looks like well-done falafel. Rainbow digs in, and offers you to have some as well - it's tempting enough to dig into, and as you do so you get the sense that you were far hungrier than you thought you were, as if your body were remembering the sensation and attempting to compensate. A fierce appetite awakens in you, and proves more than equal to the breakfast. Coffee is readily brought along with oddly colored biscuits that snap and crackle in your mouth, and ice cream in unfamiliar favors covered in cloudberry jam followed by a rather lovely thing you can't readily describe made out of bacon, cheese and what turn out to be living maggots. Rainbow eats most at the start, but you readily overtake her as the sights and smells begin to easily get to you.

And as you eat, conversation flows as well. Not that you really speak, mind you. She finds that her appreciation for regular speech rapidly drops when her mouth can be put to better use. You find the sound of the ensuing mental chuckle inordinately amusing - entirely by design, you suspect, and accurately at that. But you had a question - the well? You are asking what the word means to her, and she notices that you are asking a particular thing - for while she, much like you, knows wells to be dark, deep and lonely places. She also knows that most of them do not contain strange and terrible forces beyond simple comprehension.

[Places of Power: 5]

And you ask this, furthermore, because the minders you have met seem to have found a salient exception. A thing that trades in souls and connections, and traffics with mortals to the best of its ability. A god in the darkness for which you hope to be an important agent in return for receiving its favor? You seem to lead a very interesting life, Mr. Daniels, if you do not mind her saying so.

Best of all, darkness like what you describe may not be a thing merely found in Anglefork. Such things are whispered of sometimes, places of extraordinary danger and emptiness on the manifold edges of the world. And at least one monastic retreat, she suspects. Not here, mind you. El has had much more time to cultivate these little gardens of impossibility - the ground here may be threadbare, but its freshness does gird it in many ways against this kind of thing.

One of the cooks comes up to you as the foods run out - having sampled the menu, he says, what would the honored guest and third mate like today? Rainbow opts for the bacon maggot thing, and you order the same in the interests of not dragging things out. They come back with an American-sized tray filled with freshly-made, gently wiggling breakfast. It does not lose anything in being scaled up.

There is a place on the way in fact, Rainbow continues. She hasn't been personally, mind you. But the crew seem to have very entertaining notions about it. She'd love to guide you to if you would be interested - were half of what she has gleaned correct, it ought to be a most intriguing place.

"Game? I'm not much of gamer, but if there's one game I'm good at, and it's a drinking game! Contest of drinking mind altering liquids to see whose mind and body can withstand largest quantity and quality! After all, I'm devout follower of Ęgir, the brewer of gods!"

"Let's get wasted!"

Let's get wasted! And let Ęgir know about approaching drinking contest. Assuming it indeed approaches. Gonna need his blessings.

A drinking contest, the air trembles! Only very rarely has a drinking contest been issued in these halls, the greater voice booms! Officially, anyway. Luckily, the familiar voice notes, you are nothing if not entirely predictable. A drinking contest it will have to be!

You feel yourself lifted suddenly as things swarm and spin around you, raising you on a wave of chitinous feelers and legs. You are deposited along tunnels and yawning chasms, spun through passages and finally tumble into place, nearly fall over and are then raised to eye level.

Before you sits the devil, a Baphometian figure with horns, burning eyes, smoking nostrils and an excellent rack separated from you by a table of black glass. You look at the surface and see yourself, dead and decomposed. You ask Ęgir to come and check this shit - he sits down next to you as small cups grow out of the surface and fill with something - the scent of it is alcoholic without a doubt, and makes the room sway gently as it hits your nostrils.

Now, the devil tells you in a friendly tone, your arm situation is unfortunate if you would like to drink on your own. Earnest will have to be your second in this. Just to be fair, she will have one as well. Elder, would you assist?

A grinning shadow hesitantly rises on her side, barely visible even when right in front of you. He sits down. The man looks even more stoned up close, he says in his booming voice, remarkable! And next to you, conforming perfectly to Ęgir's own shape in a way that feels more profound than it really should be. So, uh, is he supposed to pour it down your throat? The devil shrugs almost imperceptibly. Your preference, she says to you. Her second will do the same thing. First one under the table will be pronounced a loser and defaced with ritual markings. The audience may drink along at their own pace. There is a small cheer.

"Well, to be honest I'd certainly be more than a little down following what looks like an eternity of torture. What did they even do?"

They were criminals, the alderman helpfully explains. Heinous ones, usually - you can see by the markings. Look at this one, he picks out one fellow in particular who looks to be incredibly deformed. Had to stitch him back together manually! Hanged, drawn and quartered. High treason is quite a crime! The creature struggles in the alderman's hands like a wild animal, seemingly in terrible pain even after being removed from immediate torture. It is frayed much like the other prisoners, but it also seems like it's been taken to pieces many times since the original execution. The alderman examines it - teeth are gone, most of the bones are broken, partly flayed in places - very thorough work! He upends the creature, and you notice the wardens start to torture a little more absentmindedly as they look at what the alderman is doing.

A few moments pass and a thin string of drool comes out of the struggling prisoner's ruined mouth. The alderman raises it to eye level and wiggles it around. That's good phlegm, it is. Shame it doesn't seem inclined to spit much. Or even, say, rake its claws over his face or anything. But it is, one of the wardens protests! Look at its hands flail helplessly against sir's implacable head! The alderman shakes his head at this batting and growls back. That seems more like an accident than a purposeful act of malice, he replies. Not at all appropriate, he's afraid. He has to agree with you - torture doesn't seem to be doing them any good. Should let them lay fallow a little bit, maybe - could he see the cells, he asks as he gingerly balls up the prisoner and tosses it back to the wardens. He has a thing he'd like to check.

You are collectively taken down a dark and terrible cell block with but a little flame to guide your way, the air feeling uncomfortably muggy and oppressive in addition to slightly burning in your lungs as you attempt to breathe. Great atmosphere they're building here, an enthusiastic warden explains to you, who doesn't appear to be listening. They do try to make it as wildly unpleasant as they can - the walls especially take a lot of work, you need to cultivate exactly the right kind of mold - had to have it shipped in from the King's own castle! Only the best for these prisoners, he assures you. The alderman picks a random cell and the warden opens it.

The first thing the alderman picks up on seems to be the door, which he nearly crawls through as he examines the cell - yes, as he suspected. Chew marks on the bars, very light since they're iron bars of course. But he doesn't see any real traces of more systematic attempts at escape. The day count on the wall - absolutely disheartening, seems like it hasn't been touched in weeks. And the escape tunnel under the cobblestones seems to have barely progressed at all. He emerges. Yes, seems like these prisoners are in something of a depressed state. You see the warden's bloody beak visibly sink at this. Unacceptable, he says. Definitely let them lay fallow for a bit, otherwise they'll absolutely break them. And then where will they be?

It's the community involvement, the warden mutters half to himself, should probably work on that. How are they at lunch hour, the alderman continues to ask. Suspiciously well-behaved? Er, the warden says, not very. Mostly they, well, have a little trouble understanding what they're supposed to be doing. Hm, says the alderman, that would be a bit of a problem. Should certainly work on that - less torture would be a good start, he suspects. Perhaps slave labor? Have them maybe build something. The less horrible air would do a bit of good! And maybe one of them would try to escape, or at least deliberately get lost, the warden offers with an air of excitement! He'll be sure to suggest it at the weekly meeting.

"No, I can't get close enough to the floor to see much," I yell. "We'll need to make the rope a little longer. Help me back up." I climb back up the rope, pull it up into the lab, lengthen it with some more cloth from the bedroom, and then climb back down into the cave.

It's a bit of an ordeal to get back up, but you manage it in several minutes of climbing, crawling and other kinds of physical effort. You and the doctor then lengthen the rope some twenty feet, and get down back into the underground chamber.

[One Hundred And Eighty Days In The Hole: 5]

This time you manage to plant your slippered feet solidly on the ground, swinging to the side so as to not have to step into the obviously jellied pile of corpses. The rest of the room seems like a veritable graveyard, filled with a lot of creatures - some with broken limbs, some cut or ripped in places, but most with absolutely no marks on them. Most noticeable of all is a rather large bear that you find yourself face to face with as you turn to look to one side of the chamber - it simply stands there, motionless and dead, staring off into the distance. You poke at it, and it seems to have been coated in some kind of strange, pine-smelling resin about halfway to becoming amber. Generously sized though the hole may be, this absolutely could not have got in here through it - you look around for how it could have entered, and spy a passage leading off into darkness.

Slightly down this passage, however, you also spy a little natural alcove - there is an old lamp standing in it, now long-extinguished, and also a table and chair of clearly different extractions. And next to it, on the ground, you see signs of not-quite-fresh straw that would point to there having been a bedroll there fairly recently.

Is that better, you hear the doctor call from above. Anything good down there?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: January 30, 2017, 04:51:17 pm »

"Well, I guess that's the next step.  Onward!"

Look for somewhere suitably bridgey, then do the thing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: January 30, 2017, 05:32:19 pm »

"Heh, I'd say you have a reasonable inkling of what my relationship to the thing that dwells in the darkness beyond existence is. I'd enjoy visiting this site you mentioned at some point soonish, I left some things unfinished when I departed Anglefork that I'd like to possibly wrap up. Damn this food is good, though. Never would've thought maggots could be of such culinary value."

Daniels chews for a while longer before something occurs to him.

"Oh, one other thing about the well place or whatever you wanna call it. If you guide me there, that's fine and dandy, but I'd recommend not actually interfacing with the entity at any point if you value the sanctity of your existence and whatnot. It has a tendency of ... well, eating's the best way to put it, those who aren't like me. Body, soul, any evidence you ever existed or interacted with anything, all gone."

He takes a big bite of bacon maggot thing, the subtle pop of the insect larvae between his teeth accentuating his words.

"Also judging by what happened when some minders did try to make a deal with it ... well, doesn't seem like it'd be too good for your personal health."

He leaves the implications of that statement unanswered as he continues eating, presumably eventually finishing the plate.

"Gotta say, that was fucking tasty. Is that a thing you guys make regularly here?"

Give ominous warnings, enjoy food.
Sig! Onol

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: January 31, 2017, 11:44:11 am »

"Yeah, I'm not experienced using my feets for drinking so pouring sweet alcohol into my mouth would be helpful. All right, may the best man win!"

Begin the contest, first round for honor of Ęgir, second for Odin, third for Freyja because she and the demon both have great tits, and each subsequent cup for honor of whatever god or primordial being that comes into mind.

I'm a big man with a big strong liver, coming from generations of mead drinkers, trained and hardened in cold winters of Siberia with pure vodka. I should say I have advantage here.

I make sure to offer my own imaginary drinks as well. It's not fair for one side to be providing all the mind altering substances.

If I'm not a clear winner after getting decently drunk, kick the demon under table with APOCALYPTIC power. After all, nobody said HOW one should end under the table...
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 161