Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 89211 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: You Monster
« Reply #690 on: May 26, 2016, 02:38:43 pm »

((That trick I mentioned, using pocket dimension portals to be able to cordon off a piece of realspace inside a pocket dimension? Could try that, see what the options are there, make sure the necessary portal remotes are in place.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #691 on: May 27, 2016, 12:00:34 pm »

that planet was in the outer solar system, and the chunks will probably take weeks, months or years to impact. I think we have time for cleanup, especially if we focus only on the stuff going toward inhabited places.

1) Analyze the rocky spray to determine the amount that is headed toward Heph and other inhabited locations, the timeframe for dealing with them, and hte level of threat they pose for each.

2) any weaponry we have that can break up large chunks or vaporize that stuff (or, yo uknow, just move it elsewhere) should be targeted at the large chunks that might threaten Heph. If the NPCs are capable of controlling the situation without us, let them do so.

3) begin exploration of Orgyverse deep space, outside the realm of the weird civ. continue looking for usable real estate.

4) Relay the information about inhibiting higher brain functions to our people in Orgyverse.

1. Months, at least. Even then, heph is far into the system. Chances are anything big is gonna be intercepted before it gets here by other planets. And if not, we can intercept it ourselves.

2. You tell them to handle it. They say they will.

3. You scan around. You find several worlds that look promising and earth-like.

4.done.

((Uh... no clue how to use this thing........  I'm sure it will kill me soon enough.))

1.  Give the deathcube to a sod in a distant corner of the ship, in a room they are locked into that can be remotely vented.  If there's a camera in there, keep an eye on them.  They are to try the following, communicating the effect over radio after each combination:

a.  A1, B3.  If nothing happens.... then H1.
  b.  Place crystalline projector nearby.  B1, B3.  If nothing happens, H1.
  c.  Place crystalline projector ammo nearby.  A1, B1, B6.  If nothing happens, H1 (check the effect with ship-wide cameras if the sod is incapacitated).

2.  Create a game that teaches human vocabulary to aliens, similar to the one Dester created.  There are 100 levels, each level teaching rudimentary vocabulary through pictures, and in later levels, some text, and gauging understanding of the material through testing.  For every 10 levels successfully completed, a new game becomes available to play.  The levels become harder later on, with more abstract vocabulary being introduced and eventually sentences.  Level progress for each player is uploaded to a satellite after each level is completed.  Load the game onto 100 datapads, if available.  Repeat action until I get a 5, if allowed.

3.  Ask the engineers to create a prototype satellite the datapads can send level data to.  Probes sent to the universe should be able to wirelessly interface with the satellite to collect level progression info to be returned to our universe.  The satellite should be able to send new programs to individual datapads when requested by a probe sending instructions.

4.  Deploy the satellite in Orgyverse, and send 99 of the datapads to the inhabited planet encased in something that will survive the trip.  Also, it should be made sure that they will land gently, ideally near a population center.  If I don't know how to do this, get help from some of the engineers.

5.  Track incoming space debris.  Either vaporize it with ship weapons, change its trajectory with weapons, or move out of the way.  Try to protect Hephaestus similarly with weaponry if needed.

Nope. Part of the Deathcube's basic rules are that players, not surrogates, have to be the ones to do the testing. It's too powerful for me to let people brute force it without danger.

You do your best to create this game. Only time and tests will tell if it is effective.

Ok.

Ok.

It's taken care of.

Load up a colony ship with people weapons and food. Fill it up as much as possible while still being comfortable to stay in for years  Everyone who is tagging along for Orgy-verse colonization say so now. Remember that Dester is also doing an orgy-verse mission to test origin equipment, this is not that. This one will avoid combat where possible as well.
Done.

That could have gone... Worse, Ryan thinks to himself as he returns back to the base.

Quote from: Ryan to Black Ops
Successful contact made. Tribals have been pacified for now with offering of game. Looking into other local colonization issues aside from that of the death star hovering above us. Hasn't noticed us. Yet. This universe good for colonization.

Send patrols out around the site every 2 hours during the day time. They're to look out for the tribals and guide them to us. Otherwise, they are to not engage anything that isn't a threat. If it's the tribals being a threat, they are to retreat back to base.

Take samples of the air; What's the inert gas here? Is it a higher O2/CO2 mix than "home"? Any funky particulates?

Also, plants. Anything edible? What's the hope of contemporary farming here like with the soil? This is a good planet.

The patrols see tribals occasionally, but the tribals always run away the moment they are noticed. Seems the tribal groups are curious but cautious.

It is fairly similar to earth, slightly higher O2, lower methane, slight differences in other gases, still mostly nitrogen. Nothing unexpected.

The plants, as far as analysis can tell are very similar to earth plants. Some slight variations in certain structural components (It uses something like cellulose but not cellulose for the cell walls) but they appear to be perfectly edible. At least some. A few are poisonous but thats to be expected.

1.Other people seem to be dealing with the space debris, so just ensure my personal warship isn't hit.  Otherwise, ignore the entire thing.

2.Blacklist all the undefined nullverses that I sent pieces of Shadow Light to.  Probably doesn't matter, but might as well.

3.Start producing larger EUEs--EUEs capable of transferring warships and larger colony modules.  Just so that we can have the stuff available when we decide it's needed.

4.Start constructing testing rooms, identical to those we use in our home universe, in both cavernverse and fractalverse.  Also construct observation stations with sods and a couple human NPC overseers.  Finally, send a comms EUE to fractalverse.

5.Do some testing with QECs in null verses.  They still function in them, according to previous tests, but how far away from each other can two probes be while still communicating through QECs?  Light-years?  Light-days?  Hours?  Minutes?  Seconds?

6.Amend our inital probing protocols, where we send a probe into a nullverse after it's been somewhere unknown, and then look at it with a secondary probe.  From now on, the secondary probe will be equipped with a QEC, and will send all data it gathers to a tertiary probe also equipped with a QEC, which is as far away from the primary and secondary probes as possible.  The tertiary probe will return exclusively to either cavernverse (or fractalverse once a permanent observation station is set up there).  Finally, while exploration of a new universe is underway, cavernverse/fractalverse is considered to be blacklisted, and probes can only be sent to/from those universes by the staff within the universe.  They will remain blacklisted until they send a probe to our home universe, saying that they're fine.  That way, if an alien god eats them, we don't need to send a probe which can carry said god to figure it out--they'll just stay silent.

((I don't think it's possible to be any more cautious without just using fifty proxy universes or stopping the project entirely.  If anyone can think of more paranoid measures, though, please post them.))
1. Ignoring.

2.Done.

3.Started. Will take a while.

4. Cavern verse is done, but Fractalverse the construction is attracting the local inhabitants. They seem drawn to certain power sources and will attack or ingest them or anything using them.

5. Infinite by the look of it. Of course you must remember that things in null universes fall apart after a while so there's that.

6.  Good luck I'm behind 50 universes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 27, 2016, 03:05:20 pm »

OrgyVerse: begin colonization of all suitable planets outside the effective range of the civilization there. Every type of technology we have that has been tested and proven reliable should be included (for post game history. I have no in game plans for it).

Quote from: Dester to: Ryan
Good news. We are able to begin colonization of Orgyverse outside the sphere of influence of the civilization that is affecting the humanlike inhabitants of that world. We intend to send all colonists to points distant for the moment, due to the unknown danger level of the civilization. It's up to you whether you want to continue interacting with those people or not. Be advised that it may be - no, that it will almost certainly be considered necessary for us to cover your tracks after you are finished there, so hat that civilization is unaware of our presence in that universe, at least until we can get our Origin tech industries up and running, and a sufficient population to at least meet that civilization as equals.

Good luck. I'm pulling for you.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 27, 2016, 03:28:55 pm »

Return to Hephaestus and drop off everyone that was picked up.  Then, return to the main testing facility and leave the ship.

Right... bring the game satellite back.  But brick the datapads first.
  Sorry about that....

Send a soldier to surreptitiously abduct one of the Orgyverse inhabitants, somewhere far from Ryan's location.  Place them somewhere in Hephaestus that is comfortable, but isolated.  Provide them with food and water periodically.  Provide them with one datapad loaded with the game, and have someone meet ocassionally to review their progress.

Deploy another satellite in Spiderverse and send 99 datapads loaded with the game towards one of their colonies.

Probe to 36, 36, 36 (werewolfverse) with one sod observing, in a test chamber.

Ask a small team of scientists and engineers to perform a feasibility study on the colonization of the Samsonite Abyss.  In any case, bring back the fridge.  Ask the remaining brother if he would be willing to return.

Try to send a probe to Origin, in our universe.

Try to send a stealthship to the center of the universe in Orgyverse, then have it return.

Take the deathcube.  Place crystalline projector nearby.  B1, B3, H1.  Then, B1, C4, H4, H1.  Lastly, A1, B3, H1 as long as nothing terrible happened to the projector during the first test.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 11:39:20 pm by ZBridges »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 27, 2016, 04:16:02 pm »

Quote from: Ryan to Dester
My tracks will not be hard to cover - so long as we are not wiping the memory of every tribesperson. That would be unfortunate. They remind me of our own humble beginnings. I wish to see that they are allowed to evolve into our brethren. The UWM was so ham-fisted when dealing with xenos. I wish to see it get done right at least once in my lifetime.

I will stay under the radar as much as possible. Let me know if and when the incusion against our new possible foe begins.

Soils good, air great for plant growth (and invertebrate size), no ultra-deadly pathogen just floating about - this really does feel like home. Minus all the fancy high-tech things Ryan was used to in his own universe. But that will come in time. He shifts his fingers into miniature daggers and back again, remembering the Haebi planet.

It's a shame we couldn't deal with it another way, he thinks to himself, but then, I wouldn't have my beautiful new arms. One day, maybe... he glances at his legs and laughs. No, this is plenty. For now. I can't spook the tribes people with that just yet.

Continue waiting for the tribesman. Halt patrols - they seem to spook them. Just keep men posted around the camp. Have them notify me if they catch glimpse of the tribals.

Send a shuttle out to do some long-range scouting and cartography. Have it stay low as possible. I understand we're in jungle, but are we in the "temperate" zone and this is a hot planet? The high levels of O2 make me think we're near the equator and we're in a miniature ice-age. But you never know with new universes.

What are our neighboring environments? Mountains, plains, etc?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 27, 2016, 04:44:26 pm »

Quote from: Dester to: Ryan
They almost certainly will not develop further until that satellite is dealt with. To deal with that satellite will very likely mean war with whatever controls that satellite. I wold like to see these beings freed from this direct manipulation, or know the reason this manipulation is happening. after all, perhaps if they were allowed to develop, they might summon some eldritch nightmare into their universe - by will power alone. More likely, it is simple oppression, but to what end?

Either way, our first priority is survival, and we are in no way ready to launch a full scale war like the one we were engaged in in our home universe before the Lurker became an issue. Perhaps we could get lucky with a black ops mission to that satellite, and discover a different way. who knows?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 27, 2016, 04:48:44 pm »

Maybe. The Black Ops record is spotty. I, however, would be willing to tackle it with you if you ever had the whim. We work well together, and I look forward to the time we work together again.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 27, 2016, 06:41:33 pm »

Maybe. The Black Ops record is spotty. I, however, would be willing to tackle it with you if you ever had the whim. We work well together, and I look forward to the time we work together again.
Quote from: Dester to:Ryan
Agreed. You, Gus, Vincent, and Petra have been quite the team. I look forward to working with you anytime.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 27, 2016, 06:49:52 pm »

To Orgy-Verse! Send the Colony ship just outside the solar system of the planet that is being oppressed

Action rescinded because of Cock Action blocking

Creature probe plus scanner probes to what would be the equivalent distance to unexplored space in our universe, only to the orgy-verse.

Hell, send a creature scanner probe combo to what the location of Vincent's home planet would be in comparison to earth. (the orgyverse oppressed planet to where I am sending the second set of probes = Earth to Vincent's home planet {Lets make that a planet in an area of UWM space where they have decent control, but still far enough out that gangs and other organizations can hold a few planets in their control} )
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:45:25 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 27, 2016, 07:29:26 pm »

In this post: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=154156.msg6951390#msg6951390 PW says " Initial scans and data indicate that there is wide spread colonization, perhaps even greater in scope and number than mankind's dominion before the altered wars. But this is just an initial scan using intercepted signals and various other data gathering.  Whatever they are, they're advanced, wide spread and not human, " in regards to the civilization of Orgyverse.

Just wanted that clear for everyone dealing with Orgyverse.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: May 27, 2016, 07:40:29 pm »

To Orgy-Verse! Send the Colony ship just outside the solar system of the planet that is being oppressed

...I'm sorry, Kedly, but Saint blocks this action.

I'll reconsider if you can justify why this is a good idea, but I don't see any way this can benefit us.  We don't know of any other habitable planet in the system, and we haven't observed any of the nearby systems, so there could very well be no good planet to colonize.  More importantly, a colony ship runs a decent risk of being detected--so far we've just sent probes and stealthships.  Being detected is something we want to prevent, at all costs, at least until we know more about this universe's denizens.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 27, 2016, 08:03:47 pm »

Ugh, I thought I had the go ahead from you guys. I'll rescind my action then I guess
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 27, 2016, 09:23:19 pm »

Ugh, I thought I had the go ahead from you guys. I'll rescind my action then I guess
Once again. There are suitable planets outside the range of the non-human civilization in orgyverse. I have been checking. You can go to those. Or were yo utrying specifically to remain inside their range? I mean, if your goal is peaceful colonization and survival of the species, there's lots of real estate to look at. if the goal is conquest, better prepare a little more thoroughly. take Pan with you, at least. Maybe Flint too. those dudes can fuck shit up.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 27, 2016, 09:37:05 pm »

Text conveys tone badly. I was more annoyed with myself for not maintaining proper communication. I can totally understand the plan as I laid it out being rejected. I'm ok with doing a little bit of more prep before trying again. (Context: I'm a little bit of a drama queen IRL, thats why I phrased my edits the way I did. No hard feelings)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 31, 2016, 12:26:54 am »

Quote from: Milno to Steve Saint
I am requesting the Armory Master's transference to the universe I've been told is called "Orgyverse" as soon as amp usage is proven to be safe there. I have received permission from her and from Steve.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 54