Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1001949 times)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #585 on: January 31, 2016, 06:53:47 pm »

Therefore, it seems to me that any argument against allowing them in is inherently racist
I could also argue, making equally little sense, that any argument in favor of allowing them in is inherently racist due to its impact on native Europeans.

Racism requires discrimination due to race. Not religion, not moral values, and not poverty. Where is the discrimination explicitly due to race?
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 31, 2016, 07:08:55 pm »

See, it's the explicitly bit you two disagree on. Sacasco believes the racism is implied; "European lives are more important than non-European lives" sort of stuff.

And LW...I mentioned backlash, didn't I? I don't expect saying please to do anything. I expect the results to be trumpeted everywhere, even if we don ald agree about whether they're a good thing. Berlin wall built in a different place.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 31, 2016, 07:41:48 pm »

See, it's the explicitly bit you two disagree on. Sacasco believes the racism is implied; "European lives are more important than non-European lives" sort of stuff.

One could very easily argue that, for the case of the elected leaders of a European country, this is true. At least true in the practical sense of distributing the state's limited time and resources. Helping foreigners isn't bad, but is helping foreigners more than their constituents are willing to go in for?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #588 on: January 31, 2016, 07:43:22 pm »

Our humanities Unis literally teach how to fight the white man, how it is impossible to be racist against Europeans and how Europeans are inherently shit. Way I see it, the implication is Euros are worthless, and everyone else is superior, they aren't allowed opinions on their own countries - any such arguments are inherently racist. The whole reaction that all the rape victims were actually racists so they should be ignored didn't even surprise me at all
It seems bizarre in some cheeki breeki way that only culturally enriched folk like myself can get away with speaking honestly whilst white people are pretty much fucked from the start, I really want to see if they have our TV show "Free Speech" paid for our state on youtube, when some girl started talking about how her friend was raped by Pakistanis the crowd started booing her o-O
Like you have to rack up your diversity points on the progressive stack before you even begin talking shit about our proud diverse multicultural experiment

And LW...I mentioned backlash, didn't I? I don't expect saying please to do anything. I expect the results to be trumpeted everywhere, even if we don ald agree about whether they're a good thing. Berlin wall built in a different place.
Yeah you mentioned backlash, but I just contend any such trumpeted results to be tokens of appeasement to old Conservatives before they die of failure and old age. Sort of like with Turkey, where Merkel said Germany did not need to Orban Borban because they'd just force Erdogan to keep their immigrants in Turkey in exchange for allowing Turks visa-less travel into Europe and some pretty euroshekels to help with refugee costs, then Erdogan just gave Germany the immigrants and Turks on top in exchange. It's token action to keep people complacent enough to keep things going long enough

In the end there will only be Orbans Borbaning everywhere with Poles dropping the bass

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 31, 2016, 07:56:30 pm »

It seems bizarre in some cheeki breeki way that only culturally enriched folk like myself can get away with speaking honestly whilst white people are pretty much fucked from the start, I really want to see if they have our TV show "Free Speech" paid for our state on youtube, when some girl started talking about how her friend was raped by Pakistanis the crowd started booing her o-O
Like you have to rack up your diversity points on the progressive stack before you even begin talking shit about our proud diverse multicultural experiment
And don't forget, you have to have the right kinds of diversity points in order to talk about certain things. Like apparently being of black Caribbean heritage makes it okay to criticise things to do with African Americans, but not about Arabs. And criticising Islam is right out unless it's specifically in defence of women and even then only if you make sure to say #notallmuslims every other sentence.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 31, 2016, 07:57:59 pm »

*sigh*
Crazy people everywhere.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #591 on: January 31, 2016, 08:13:12 pm »

And don't forget, you have to have the right kinds of diversity points in order to talk about certain things. Like apparently being of black Caribbean heritage makes it okay to criticise things to do with African Americans, but not about Arabs. And criticising Islam is right out unless it's specifically in defence of women and even then only if you make sure to say #notallmuslims every other sentence.
Interestingly ex-Muslims exist in some purgatory where you're not allowed to criticize them but you're also not allowed to let them criticize Islam, so you're just supposed to try and brush them away so they don't exist. One of the major things as well is trying to figure out what happens with Christian Nigerians who fled Muslim persecution but then attack Muslims in the UK, because then you have to talk about Islamophobia without being racist to Nigerians

*FOUND IT! Oh the pain:
Does the UK have rape culture?
Perfectly sums up the thunderous applaud given to covering up the enriching rape gangs, especially horrendous in hindsight considering how all of them were proven hideously wrong. The first one saying Rochdale was covered up because of rape culture and not because of PC, fug I am ded
The fact that they had the audacity to call the show Free Speech to boot is worse than Hitler

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 31, 2016, 08:15:14 pm »

If you want a good example of that, you could try and watch the trash that is The Big Questions that was on Sunday. Was about Islam and yeah the apostate guests were basically ignored.

*FOUND IT! Oh the pain:
Does the UK have rape culture?
Fuck it, just enrich me now.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 08:17:46 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #593 on: January 31, 2016, 08:30:09 pm »

Poor guys, they've got no voice and edgy conservatives don't care about them and toleran progresiv find their entire existence problematic. Purgatory really seems like an apt description, I was particularly harrowed by that one poor Afghan who actually got deported from Sweden because he was upsetting the Muslims, they don't treat apostates well in Afghanistan :/

I don't even want to watch the Big Q on that, but I feel some disastrous compulsion to enrich my shit up

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 31, 2016, 08:36:10 pm »

Afghan who actually got deported from Sweden because he was upsetting the Muslims, they don't treat apostates well in Afghanistan :/

Was he in that show or did you hear about that from somewhere else?
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #595 on: January 31, 2016, 08:48:16 pm »

Show, though looking it up there's some Christian News sources talking about other Pakistani and Iranian converts getting deportation orders issued even though such a deportation is likely to result in bad ends
http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2015/October/Pakistani-Christians-Sweden/
http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2013/june/sweden-grants-iran-christian-reza-jabbari-asylum/?mobile=false
Apparently this news channel did some fierce bitching and got this to happen:
"The Swedish government had previously ordered Jabbari to be deported despite his Christian testimony.
Jabbar's pastor, Cai Berger, says CBN News's story about Jabbari's situation changed the political climate for Christian refugees seeking asylum in Sweden."
Tbh I've never heard of him or this news channel until now, did you notice any political climate changing Scriver?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 31, 2016, 08:51:57 pm »

I just realized something.

The perfect solution to this problem.

We just need to give Trump to you guys.

If Europe is being terrorized by progressives, and America is being terrorized by even the idea of Trump getting to be president and having access to nuclear weapons (no really I want you to think about that man being in command of the US nuclear arsenal, that should scare everyone, American or not), and yet he's been disturbingly difficult to stop, much like the immigration problem, we just need to smash the one into the other. His platform is basically already purpose-built for handling the situation.

DONALD TRUMP FOR EU CHANCELLOR
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #597 on: January 31, 2016, 08:56:59 pm »

Can't, we have mass deb8s over whether we should make him illegal

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 31, 2016, 09:00:14 pm »

Can't, we have mass deb8s over whether we should make him illegal
Trump would end those debates. And make Eurmerica great again.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #599 on: January 31, 2016, 09:02:10 pm »

Also France and Germany are Ameriphobes and the UK would not risk Trump accidentally making the EU powerful
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 793