Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1001952 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #1950 on: April 28, 2016, 07:41:46 am »

It's not about being scary, otherwise you would pick someone scary; picking someone who if you tried to stare down you would see no soul inside is good for propaganda reasons because it sends the message that they are not unwilling to use military force if they have to. This is why dead-eyed grumpy old men is what you expect
There is literally no redeeming quality to NZ's military

Seriously look at this guy. There does not exist a single flattering image of him on the whole Internet.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 07:45:18 am by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: April 28, 2016, 08:14:47 am »

It's not about being scary, otherwise you would pick someone scary; picking someone who if you tried to stare down you would see no soul inside is good for propaganda reasons because it sends the message that they are not unwilling to use military force if they have to. This is why dead-eyed grumpy old men is what you expect

Donald Trump SoD when?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: April 28, 2016, 08:28:31 am »

Seriously look at this guy. There does not exist a single flattering image of him on the whole Internet.

The guy seems to have a neck with variable fatness. I didn't can't order them by date though, so, I don't know whether he had a liposuction at some point.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 08:30:47 am by smjjames »

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: April 28, 2016, 08:39:14 am »

The content also doesn't sound like any liberal ever.
Sweden's Green Party 'infiltrated by Islamists'
One party member refused to shake hands with a female journalist, and another compared Israel to Nazi Germany.

3 hours ago
I stopped keeping track of these after the ISIS has progressive potential people because it got boring to me, though my sides did enter orbit when the Swedish Islamaphobia expert joined ISIS
Europe earned its future

*EDIT
The article speaks for itself but
"I think the Green Party needs to work on their inclusive values," he said. "How do you combine diversity and religion with an ethnocentric and prejudiced idea of gender equality?"
Ahahahahaha
Why didn't you get  T O L E R A N ?
Liberalism is defined by content, not by allegiance. Which makes the Swedish Green party not liberal.

Supporting sharia law is absolutely and definitely incompatible with liberalism.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1954 on: April 28, 2016, 10:23:22 am »

Liberalism is defined by content, not by allegiance. Which makes the Swedish Green party not liberal.
Supporting sharia law is absolutely and definitely incompatible with liberalism.
Hahaha, it's not like our conservatives are conserving, what makes you think it's anything different with liberals? It's just the state of affairs of things, and I think you're being very ethnocentric with your cultural liberalism that you see your liberalism superior to foreign cultural norms, that's not very liberal m8, and sharia law is progressive for its time

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Donald Trump SoD when?
He'd need a beard toupee first

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: April 28, 2016, 10:28:32 am »

Hahaha, it's not like our conservatives are conserving, what makes you think it's anything different with liberals? It's just the state of affairs of things, and I think you're being very ethnocentric with your cultural liberalism that you see your liberalism superior to foreign cultural norms, that's not very liberal m8, and sharia law is progressive for its time

If its time is not now, then it's not really liberal :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1956 on: April 28, 2016, 10:36:22 am »

But what will happen in 2017 if the army is stationed in current day Poland? I've read posts from people in December 2016 complaining about the UK goverment compromising their future safety for the sake of the past
Let me demonstrate. Let's say that this line represents time.
------A----------------------------B--------------------------------C-----------------
                                                                                         D:  ☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
 A is the present 2016, B the future 2016, and C  is 2017. Obviously, somewhere in the future the timeline skewes down into D, creating an alternate 2017 where Vladimir Putin invades the UK to liberate Russian citizens over there. Alternate to you, me, and the time travelling British soldiers, but reality for everyone else.
That could be an issue, but as long as we maintain cross-dimensional time projection capabilities I'm sure alternate dimension Polands will be able to count on even more reinforcements from their future to arrive back in time. I'm more worried about time traveling terrorists pre-melting steel beams tbh

supa liberal like u don't even no fam

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: April 28, 2016, 11:01:16 am »

Yeah, sure. Because saying that people are allowed to be in favor of sharia law is the same as being in favor of sharia law. And also the same as being in favor people enacting sharia law because they are in favor of it even tough it isn't law.

Nope, if it's restricting liberties it's not really liberal. You know. Sharia law is all about restricting liberties. Kind of like all of them liberties. That's why it's not liberal.

Of course the label "liberal" is often misapplied only because some policies of certain groups are liberal, but you know, who cares about nuance and stuff?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 11:04:05 am by Antsan »
Taste my Paci-Fist

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: April 28, 2016, 01:28:48 pm »

Sorry to interject US politics in here, but hey, it's an election year and a major one:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/apr/28/donald-trump-president-world-leaders-foreign-relations

"“People from the centre will stop him. Normal Republicans would rather vote for Hillary. Surely it won’t happen,” the senior official said, and his colleagues nodded."

(at nobody in particular, or at Bay12) I'm sorry to break it to you, but centrist republicans are an endangered species and there's hardly a center anymore. Plus, don't count on the republicans going for Hillary, even some centrists will absolutely not vote for her. November is probably going to be even more confusing and mind screwing for people outside the US than it is for us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1959 on: April 28, 2016, 02:01:11 pm »

Yeah, sure. Because saying that people are allowed to be in favor of sharia law is the same as being in favor of sharia law. And also the same as being in favor people enacting sharia law because they are in favor of it even tough it isn't law.
Who are you to tell people whether they can believe in sharia law or not? That's pretty islamaphobic imho tbh

Nope, if it's restricting liberties it's not really liberal. You know. Sharia law is all about restricting liberties. Kind of like all of them liberties. That's why it's not liberal.
#notallsharia

Of course the label "liberal" is often misapplied only because some policies of certain groups are liberal, but you know, who cares about nuance and stuff?
Sounds like you're just jelly that liberalism is progressing

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: April 28, 2016, 02:22:35 pm »

*clicks last page of thread*

Don't ever let Americans learn about this. They are totally going to pump oil out of spread FREEDOM to other timelines.

TOO LATE. *goes back to previous page*

Edit:
India's Europe, right? I mean, it's in CK2.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Laser-walls-activated-along-India-Pakistan-border-to-plug-gaps-in-vigil/articleshow/52012679.cms

Man-portable laser-wall doorways when?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 02:30:46 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: April 28, 2016, 02:47:40 pm »

*clicks last page of thread*

Don't ever let Americans learn about this. They are totally going to pump oil out of spread FREEDOM to other timelines.

TOO LATE. *goes back to previous page*

Edit:
India's Europe, right? I mean, it's in CK2.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Laser-walls-activated-along-India-Pakistan-border-to-plug-gaps-in-vigil/articleshow/52012679.cms

Man-portable laser-wall doorways when?

I wonder how many false alarms they'll get just by animals passing through what looks like an open pathway. Though maybe they'll have night vision cameras to make sure.

It sounds like they're working from the article, but the question remains, how many of the 'illegal crossing detection' hits are animals rather than people.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: April 28, 2016, 03:31:14 pm »

Who are you to tell people whether they can believe in sharia law or not? That's pretty islamaphobic imho tbh

#notallsharia

Sounds like you're just jelly that liberalism is progressing
Your memes are choking out your convincingness, LW :P

Thought police is bad, no matter the form. It's actions that matter, and if we want to be democratic, we lights let people vote for what they want. If we don't, that could be alright too, just be aware that's what you're doing and that the right dictators are in charge.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1963 on: April 28, 2016, 03:59:06 pm »

Your memes are choking out your convincingness, LW :P
I'd be rather worried if I convinced people to adopt sharia law ironically

Thought police is bad, no matter the form. It's actions that matter, and if we want to be democratic, we lights let people vote for what they want. If we don't, that could be alright too, just be aware that's what you're doing and that the right dictators are in charge.
Who picks the right dictators

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: April 28, 2016, 04:02:22 pm »

Who picks the right dictators

Is that octopus from the world cup several years ago still alive?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 793