Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002205 times)

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #2790 on: July 15, 2016, 05:32:26 am »

That's a mistake. the enemy is within, not somewhere in Raqqa or Mosul. the reason for the enemy being an enemy also isn't in Raqqa or Mosul, it's in Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, Egypt and such.
There's enemies all over the place, but the ones under arms are the most immediate threat. Frankly I'm in favour of invading pretty much every country in the Middle-east, but one thing at a time. Imperialism can wait.

That type of logic is what got us here with terrorist attacks. If countries did not start all this shit up in middle east with invading, destroying million of lives and not thinking at all, including france, you would not have this shit here.

If you attack countries, bomb countries, try to force and dictate a change in other countries, you should not be surprised at some time in the future that they will bite you back and bring the war (or little taste of it) back to you.

Anyway there is nothing france can do now (it could maybe 10/20 years ago, but not now). They will increase probably bombing the desert or the city killing few more civilians for media and similar, and than go back to how it was.

How come Japan, Korea, Germany, Israel, Mexico, China, Vietnam didn't manufacture masses of terrorists then?
I dont understand, what do all this countries have in common? What has vietnam that resisted USA invasion and won the war has to do with israel and constant terrorist attacks in that country as they invaded palestine, or a country like germany? Explain your self better because I dont know what your point is or what you are trying to say
Make love not war

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: July 15, 2016, 05:33:51 am »

Bla
EDIT:
Offtopic: Is there a way to delete my post?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:35:23 am by miljan »
Make love not war

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: July 15, 2016, 05:35:50 am »

They have in common that they were all bombed, invaded, and / or a regime change was forced upon them.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: July 15, 2016, 05:39:31 am »

They have in common that they were all bombed, invaded, and / or a regime change was forced upon them.
What they don't have in common is that none of them had completely artificial frontiers made up by Britain/France playing map painting, resulting in a bunch of people who utterly hate each other having to live together.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: July 15, 2016, 05:39:49 am »

Is there any country that hasn't?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: July 15, 2016, 05:48:17 am »

Apparently the Nice truck was stopped when someone jumped in the cab to stop it, giving the police the opportunity to stop the terrorist, according to Estrosi, the regional president. Hats off to that hero.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: July 15, 2016, 05:50:42 am »

Most in Europe and the Americas? Terrorists aside, you usually don't see French killing other French because of their ethnicity. Spain is where it gets a bit more heated, but nowhere near the level of Africa and the Middle East.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: July 15, 2016, 05:52:39 am »

Actually, you ninja'ed me, I wanted to react to martinuzz :p.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: July 15, 2016, 05:53:20 am »

Actually, you ninja'ed me, I wanted to react to martinuzz :p.
Ah, sorry.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: July 15, 2016, 05:56:51 am »

Most in Europe and the Americas? Terrorists aside, you usually don't see French killing other French because of their ethnicity. Spain is where it gets a bit more heated, but nowhere near the level of Africa and the Middle East.

Yeah, but is way too easy to simply blame that on colonial borders. Not saying they don't have a part in it, but there's lots of countries comprised of multiple ethnicities that were once hostile but now consider themselves one people and live together peacefully, within borders which are just as man-made.
The colonial borders have a larger part in it in central and West African countries than in arab countries.
I daresay the main reason for people utterly hating each other living together in the most prominent terrorist spawning countries has jack shit to do with colonial borders, and everything with religion. Sunni vs Shii, and them both vs heretics.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:58:50 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: July 15, 2016, 05:57:09 am »

Nah, it's me, I should have edited that one out.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: July 15, 2016, 05:59:07 am »

Yeah, but is way too easy to simply blame that on colonial borders. Not saying they don't have a part in it, but there's lots of countries comprised of multiple ethnicities that were once hostile but now consider themselves one people and live together peacefully.
The colonial borders have a larger part in it in central and West African countries than in arab countries.
I daresay the main reason for people utterly hating each other living together in the most prominent terrorist spawning countries has jack shit to do with colonial borders, and everything with religion. Sunni vs Shii, and them both vs heretics.
Which is probably not helped by bunching them up in a single place, taking whichever is the minority and putting those in power over people who oppressed them. Never goes wrong.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: July 15, 2016, 06:02:34 am »

What they don't have in common is that none of them had completely artificial frontiers made up by Britain/France playing map painting, resulting in a bunch of people who utterly hate each other having to live together.

Which is an excuse/reason for terrorism, how exactly?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 06:13:47 am by Vilanat »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: July 15, 2016, 06:04:30 am »

Taking whichever is the minority and putting those in power over people who oppressed them. Never goes wrong.
So you're saying the US should have never allowed a black person to be in charge?     [/sarcasm]

More seriously, what alternative did you have in mind? Support the oppressing majority?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 06:06:08 am by martinuzz »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2804 on: July 15, 2016, 06:33:31 am »

IMO the best bet is a foreign/UN-backed government with extremely extensive development programmes. Sink lots of money in, build hospitals, get people into education.
Next step is a gradual progression towards democracy, as the new generation of healthy, educated, hopefully non-violent people grows up. Once they look like they're taking care of themselves we can bugger off and offer them trade deals.

Basically the White Man's Burden, but less racist, and more expensive.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 793