Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008431 times)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #2971 on: July 17, 2016, 07:16:38 am »

Probably just mostly people googling the term because they wonder what the fuck it means. I saw it being spammed a LOT though at the CNN Turk livestream during the coup
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: July 17, 2016, 07:17:16 am »

according to the government's spokesperson.
Where are the factcheckers?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: July 17, 2016, 07:18:59 am »

At this point it seems there may not be much left of Kemal Atatürk's Turkey by the end of the year.

I am very disappointed.  ::)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: July 17, 2016, 07:19:13 am »

according to the government's spokesperson.
Where are the factcheckers?
In jail

At this point it seems there may not be much left of Kemal Atatürk's Turkey by the end of the year.

Kebab will never be the same again

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: July 17, 2016, 07:19:45 am »

Probably just mostly people googling the term because they wonder what the fuck it means. I saw it being spammed a LOT though at the CNN Turk livestream during the coup
Yes, that was 4chan and 8chan.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2976 on: July 17, 2016, 07:23:57 am »

Am I seeing the same regional interest as you guys? Because if so, I invite you to next crusade starting in Poland 2017, most Christian country in the world.
Deus will Vult soon, my fellow fidels.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: July 17, 2016, 07:25:19 am »

It's not like the Gulenist are Kemalist either... Of course, it does mean Erdogan will increase his control of the country and be able to disaffrenchize the CHP and HDP further (the CHP leader was already fined for insulting Erdogan).

P.S. I wonder what's the October 2007 Deus Vult peak. Also, no searches for Deus lo volt. No respect for history.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: July 17, 2016, 07:25:25 am »

I wonder, once Erdogan is done getting rid of the Gulen followers, if the kemalists are next.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: July 17, 2016, 07:27:07 am »

Am I seeing the same regional interest as you guys? Because if so, I invite you to next crusade starting in Poland 2017, most Christian country in the world.
Deus will Vult soon, my fellow fidels.
I guess they need to work somewhere once they cannot get a UK visum anymore. Crusading pays as good as anything.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: July 17, 2016, 07:28:41 am »

Depends what you mean by next. Will he start a big purge if he doesn't feel threatened? I'd expect a continuation of the current slow tightening of the screws of power rather than an overt attack.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2981 on: July 17, 2016, 07:30:56 am »

P.S. I wonder what's the October 2007 Deus Vult peak. Also, no searches for Deus lo volt. No respect for history.
My best guess.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 08:07:19 am by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2982 on: July 17, 2016, 01:25:27 pm »

My best guess.

Ancient Greek tyrant Pesistratos subtly implying Greece should retake Anatolia to harvest enough olives to get out of bankruptcy

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: July 17, 2016, 03:48:37 pm »

Erdogan said that he "cannot postpone reintroducing the death penalty", and will speak about it with the opposition tomorrow.
Since 1984 no one has been executed in Turkey, and in 2004 the death penalty was officially scrapped from the law, to meet the criteria to be eligeble to join the EU.

I guess it's becoming more and more clear that Erdogan doesn't want to join the EU at all.

"failed coup"
http://www.volkskrant.nl/foto/bas-van-der-schot~p3761404/3953438/
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 03:55:08 pm by martinuzz »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: July 17, 2016, 09:48:18 pm »

Islam is strong. Secular Iran and Afghanistan are forgotten, Turkey goes the same route. The funniest stuff will start happen when we'll see desecularization of France and Germany.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 793