Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002023 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #3525 on: August 01, 2016, 06:42:20 am »

Goddamn populists

What's next, protests in Russia in support of Trump?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: August 01, 2016, 07:44:12 am »

Goddamn populists

Trump for Russian president!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: August 01, 2016, 08:29:58 am »

Goddamn populists

Trump for Russian president!

(god, that smug face is fucking unbearable to look at)
._.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 06:38:16 am by Loud Whispers »

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: August 02, 2016, 06:38:21 am »

1. Erdogan sends refugees to the Aegean
2. Merkel sends them back
3. ???
Why does the EU think bowing down to a vastly less powerful entity is preferable?

Turk is the new German Aryan.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 06:40:11 am by Erkki »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3530 on: August 02, 2016, 06:45:11 am »

Turk is the new German Aryan.
You joke, but that mass shooter who wasn't doing it for jihad, there was a fair chance he was an aryan supremacist, which is why he got so triggered when balcony lad kept taunting him for being a Turk

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: August 02, 2016, 10:55:39 am »

Well, many Iranians do consider themselves Aryans. Iirc, that's where the name Iran comes from, even.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's a relatively big aryan-supremacist subculture in Iran as well.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3532 on: August 02, 2016, 11:09:20 am »

I'll have to derail this derail for some substantial noos

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/07/28/imf-admits-disastrous-love-affair-with-euro-apologises-for-the-i/
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/jun/05/imf-underestimated-damage-austerity-would-do-to-greece
Sheeeeeeit

Hey Scriver, weren't you the one of the forumites who kept going on about how the EU was setting up Greece for further disaster? Cos looks like it, you were right

The International Monetary Fund’s top staff misled their own board, made a series of calamitous misjudgments in Greece, became euphoric cheerleaders for the euro project, ignored warning signs of impending crisis, and collectively failed to grasp an elemental concept of currency theory.
The report by the IMF’s Independent Evaluation Office (IEO) goes above the head of the managing director, Christine Lagarde. It answers solely to the board of executive directors, and those from Asia and Latin America are clearly incensed at the way European Union insiders used the fund to rescue their own rich currency union and banking system.
The three main bailouts for Greece, Portugal and Ireland were unprecedented in scale and character. The trio were each allowed to borrow over 2,000pc of their allocated quota – more than three times the normal limit – and accounted for 80pc of all lending by the fund between 2011 and 2014.
The report said the whole approach to the eurozone was characterised by “groupthink” and intellectual capture. They had no fall-back plans on how to tackle a systemic crisis in the eurozone – or how to deal with the politics of a multinational currency union – because they had ruled out any possibility that it could happen.
“Before the launch of the euro, the IMF’s public statements tended to emphasise the advantages of the common currency," it said. Some staff members warned that the design of the euro was fundamentally flawed but they were overruled.
“After a heated internal debate, the view supportive of what was perceived to be Europe’s political project ultimately prevailed,” it said.
This pro-EMU bias continued to corrupt their thinking for years. “The IMF remained upbeat about the soundness of the European banking system and the quality of banking supervision in euro-area countries until after the start of the global financial crisis in mid-2007. This lapse was largely due to the IMF’s readiness to take the reassurances of national and euro area authorities at face value,” it said.
I'm so sorry Europoors, you used to be Euromonies, now you have no monies, no countries and all on the account of certified idiots living in informational myopia

This is why you need national democracy, you have to take power away from unaccountable idiots so that when they ruin an entire continent, you ruin their lives too

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: August 02, 2016, 11:41:56 am »

British newspapers? Clearly an unbiased source for anything related to EU. Surely we must trust them telling us how "EU is totally bad", and how "Britain is totally okay while leaving the EU".
._.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3534 on: August 02, 2016, 12:20:07 pm »

Torygraph = Hates EU
Guardian = Loves EU

Both saying the same thing

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: August 02, 2016, 12:55:37 pm »

I'll wait until BBC responds.

Because that's the only British media source left that I think is trustworthy.
._.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: August 02, 2016, 01:13:35 pm »

PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: August 02, 2016, 01:31:58 pm »

PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
In fact, they're the most trustworthy source I think there is on Earth. IIRC, they are also pro-Remain, so that indicator of sanity also checks out.
._.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: August 02, 2016, 01:33:37 pm »

Hey Scriver, weren't you the one of the forumites who kept going on about how the EU was setting up Greece for further disaster? Cos looks like it, you were right

You're probably thinking of mainiac, his posts were much more substantial than mine usually is.

But I certainly thought it.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: August 02, 2016, 02:03:04 pm »

PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
In fact, they're the most trustworthy source I think there is on Earth. IIRC, they are also pro-Remain, so that indicator of sanity also checks out.

Journalists are supposed to remain impartial, the BBC in particular, given it's a public broadcaster.

Anyhow: Current BBC political editor manufactures news story.

Former BBC political editor lies.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 793