Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008869 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #3765 on: September 06, 2016, 01:53:58 pm »

Hashtag without a cause?

#withoutacause
#nopoint
#protestingforthefunofprotesting
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #3766 on: September 06, 2016, 01:59:29 pm »

Here, we call that kind of person a 'born-free' - born after or near the end of apartheid. No clear 'the man' to stick it to, but all their role models and people they're told to look up to are struggle heroes.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #3767 on: September 07, 2016, 07:36:09 pm »

(in muslim culture, hitting someone with a shoe is the worst insult you can make. That, and shoe rhymes with Haiku)
Let me tell you about Cossacks

I see USA movements have already started to occupy post-Brexit Britain.
I was laughing my kekles off at these muppets, no one in London gets them. LONDON, not just the UK, even Londonians think they're stupid. Prolly starting from that moment when some US police officer kills some armed criminal and in response they decide to stab a British police officer in the UK...?

Brit police are the nicest in the world to boot :|
I do love the joke, Britain invented the modern police, China invented the secret police

Don't argue with the bot. It's not funny.
Oi m8 you buy kitchen yes?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #3768 on: September 08, 2016, 09:58:09 am »

Jesus christ, that colour. No wonder the Lib Dems are doing so terribly. We'd all go blind if they started to make a comeback.

Spoiler: I'll say (click to show/hide)
You gotta have sympathy for Corbyn cos he's the closest UK analogue to Trump we've got

Everyone politician within his party and a good number without fought to stop him, are still fighting to stop him, have still failed to stop him, and he's crashing this system with no survivors

Particularly considering the ridiculous shit they have to put up with. The people currently moaning about the police using spitting hoods on suspects have never had to actually arrest anyone, or clean up the back of a police van twice a week after some drunken lout has inevitably pissed/shat all over it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: more of this (click to show/hide)

Why do Cossacks always look like pirates, despite a total lack of anything nautical?

Perhaps it's the happy laughing faces.
DO WHAT YOU WANT COS A PIRATE COSSACK IS FREE

Rather grueling to read of how they got bolshevikd though
Damn communists ruin everything awesome

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: September 08, 2016, 11:34:17 am »

Why do Cossacks always look like pirates, despite a total lack of anything nautical?
Tell that to Ottomans. Cossacks were damn good pirates in the Black Sea and enjoyed doing raids on Ottoman coastal cities.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3770 on: September 08, 2016, 04:17:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Corbyn rekt Owen Smith
Round two gonna be Corbyn vs May
Also lol no wonder corby gets so much flak for israel, he can't seem to get a single picture taken without islam floating above his shoulder

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: September 09, 2016, 02:14:13 am »

The French police had to use violence in the arrest of 3 women linked to the car filled with gas canisters that was found in Paris a few days ago.
The women, who were already on the radar of intelligence services because of radicalization, attacked the police. One police officer was stabbed, after whih the police opened fire, wounding one of the women, after which they could be arrested.

Last sunday night, a pub owner warned the police about an abandoned car without license plates that was standing at a no parking zone with flashing lights, 5 gas canisters in the back seat, and arab documents on the dashboards.
However, no detonation mechanism has been found. Police spokesmen say they think that it was a dry training run, practicing for an actual attack.

The car led the police to three women aged 39, 23 and 19. The car was owned by the youngest woman's parents. The three were on the radar for radicalization, and 'planning something violent'. A heavy manhunt resulted in the police tracking the woman down to Boussy-Saint-Antoine, a small village near Paris.
When approached by the police, one of the women drew a knife and stabbed a police officer in the shoulder, after which she was shot.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: September 09, 2016, 07:21:07 am »

The French ministry of Internal Affairs reports that interrogation has revealed that the 3 women were part of a group that intended to attack gare de Lyon, one of Paris' larger train stations.

The youngest had written a letter swearing allegiance to IS, and had intended to travel to Syria after the attack. All train stations have been placed on high alert, but it looks like this one was thwarted, as it seems the attack was planned to be carried out yesterday (thursday).

In total, 7 people were arrested in the case. Apart from the 3 women, two couples aged 34 and 29, and 27 and 26 were arrested on thursday. The two arrested men are brothers.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3773 on: September 11, 2016, 08:58:23 am »

On that note, I was rather surprised to find the front cover of the spectator was a swedish flag on a hand grenade, simply titled 'how not to welcome refugees'

Tfw your shitposting is 3 current years ahead of msm

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: September 12, 2016, 06:31:45 am »

With Britain out, France and Germany are announcing plan for increased defense cooperation. Mostly a common headquarter for join EU operation (instead of the rotation HQ used now), better pooling of support assets such as strategic airlift capabilities and join procurement of some stuff like cargo planes and drone. Good step overall, but it'll be interesting to see if and how it is accepted: it kinda overlap with some existing NATO structure (SAC comes to mind.) Plans for a EU border guard are also in the work.

It's funny because I was just reading a friend's master thesis about Belgian diplomacy during the building of the Union in 1958-1963, and a big fear of Belgium and the Netherlands was an hegemonic Franco-German duo that would undermine NATO if defense discussion were to take place between the Six. Getting the UK within the European framework was seen by the Low Countries as a way to counteract the Franco-German and make sure Europe wouldn't concurrence NATO (The Dutch position was essentially "Either you let the UK in or you let us create EU-wide institution so we don't end up as French protectorate".

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: September 12, 2016, 06:34:42 am »

Sweet.

Also: Update your sig, man. It's kinda dated.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: September 12, 2016, 06:35:32 am »

Yep, yep. Economically, the Netherlands and Belgium will feel the Brexit the most of all EU countries as well, because strong trade ties and history. Unless ofcourse all banks move from London to Amsterdam and Scotland joins Belgium.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 06:40:07 am by martinuzz »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: September 12, 2016, 06:38:51 am »

Yup. Still, it's really fun how history kinda repeat itself half a century later. The Dutch are saying they don't think it's time to integrate defense, while the Belgian will go with it, just as P-H Spaak used to serve as an in-between between Luns and De Gaulle.

Overall, I think it make sense though. Integrating the strategic, intelligence and support part of the armed force will significantly increase their efficiencies, without having to deal with the political headache of preventing the French from blowing up Africans (or of forcing the Swedes to blow Africans to please the French).

Edit: Nonsense, my sig is fine! The fact that mid-august is long past doesn't change the fact that I was temp-banned.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: September 12, 2016, 06:40:15 am »

Meanwhile, in Dutch cities, mayors are protesting and demanding more refugees, so they won't need to see the refugee centers they managed to convince angry mobs to not set on fire, with blood, sweat and tears, be shut down by authorities for redundancy.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: September 12, 2016, 06:40:54 am »

Why don't you lease them to Belgium for our prisoners?  :P

Edit: Talking to my friends whose thesis I was harping about: "Well, the Dutch are always against everything, that's who they are". I'm afraid he's turning Dutchophobe to please his fleming in-laws. :p
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 06:45:26 am by Sheb »

Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 793