Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008541 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #4095 on: November 28, 2016, 08:32:22 am »

The only chance for Poland is to go against Russia, as powerful Russia means no Poland and vice versa, to a lesser extent. Better hope that the Russian industry runs itself aground, as while this would cause unrest. Kaliningrad as new Polish Voivodeship when?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: November 28, 2016, 10:01:30 am »

Seems like France is about to betray Europe once again.
While I kinda agree on this, I'm more afraid of MLP, and this stance on Russia might be more due to an attempt to draw votes from the far right (which I find extremely dubious) than a real stance. Fillon was PM before (admittedly, PM don't have much diplomatic powers) and he didn't show much support for Russia (apart from the regular right which tends to like Russia more than the left, as opposed as during the URRS).
On the other hand, MLP has been involved in several stories with Russia and russian banks (maybe overblown).
Overall, the year 2016 hasn't shown me much hope in the way of countering MLP, and I'm pretty sure that Fillon would be a better choice in like 99% of the cases. If it's anything like 2002, the candidate that faces MLP in the second turn will be the winner, and it seems that atm, Fillon is going to be that candidate.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #4097 on: November 28, 2016, 12:02:58 pm »

*looks at thread*

*sees people worrying about My Little Pony*

what?!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4098 on: November 28, 2016, 12:07:18 pm »

MLP is one of French political parties?
I knew that French people were horrible ever since I learned about WW2, but now it's just ridiculous.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: November 29, 2016, 02:02:32 am »

My bad, I should have used the whole name. It's indeed Marine Le Pen and not My Little Pony

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: November 29, 2016, 02:24:28 am »

My bad, I should have used the whole name. It's indeed Marine Le Pen and not My Little Pony

I figured you meant Marie LePen given the context anyway.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4101 on: November 29, 2016, 07:33:01 am »

Yeah I think people are just joking about the French brony uprising bringing the end to western civilization

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: November 29, 2016, 07:42:13 am »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/swedish-police-are-not-allowed-to-give-descriptions-of-alleged-criminals-so-as-not-to-sound-racist-a6810311.html

Would someone be so kind as to tell me why this is not so bad as it seems to me? Because I really don't want to believa that Sweden is completely fucked.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: November 29, 2016, 07:48:11 am »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/swedish-police-are-not-allowed-to-give-descriptions-of-alleged-criminals-so-as-not-to-sound-racist-a6810311.html

Would someone be so kind as to tell me why this is not so bad as it seems to me? Because I really don't want to believa that Sweden is completely fucked.

Grenade attacks dont even make the news any more. Besides the fact that not every city has a no-go zone yet, yes, they're fucked. To fix this, they obviously need more immigrants and asylum seekers, and the further from Asia, the more tolerance points.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4104 on: November 29, 2016, 07:49:49 am »

Sweden may be completely fucked, but at least it's not racist

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: November 29, 2016, 08:26:11 am »

I don't see a problem. They are banned from using race and nationality as a descriptor. It doesn't say anything about skin colour.
It just means they will need to start using "black, dark brown, light brown, yellowish brown, brownish yellow, pinkish brownwhite, and purple speckled green" from now on.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4106 on: November 29, 2016, 08:32:31 am »

I don't see a problem. They are banned from using race and nationality as a descriptor. It doesn't say anything about skin colour.
It just means they will need to start using "black, dark brown, light brown, yellowish brown, brownish yellow, pinkish brownwhite, and purple speckled green" from now on.
martinuzz, you just failed the racist test
The letter specifies that, for everyday crimes such as burglary, basic information such as ethnicity, nationality, skin colour and height should not be given.
Ur racist
t. Sweden

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: November 29, 2016, 08:55:29 am »

I feel like no actually read the papers. The police is still going to register height, skin color, ethnicity and so on, of all the suspects. What it's not going to do, for the light crimes concerned, is to communicate it to the public. Now, while it is ridiculous, it is not as ridiculous as you're making it. I'm not even sure our police is communicating anything about that here either.

Also, I totally need to see that video now :D wheelchair savior

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: November 29, 2016, 08:58:41 am »

This is a police broadcast. The suspect in the recent killing spree in Stockholm is still at large. We ask of the public to be alert, and report any sightings to the police. The suspect looks like a human. So if you see a human, please call the police.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: November 29, 2016, 09:10:24 am »

Do you think the public doesn't have a right to know if a disproportionate amount of crimes are being committed by certain groups? Wouldn't such information probably affect public policy on things such as how many refugees the Swedish public want to admit to their country? The recent OSU attack in America (11 hospitalized), for example, was apparently done by a Somali refugee. I'd be very surprised if some people in that area didn't move from a welcoming position to a more security-conscious one as a result of such events.

And here's the video. Wheelchair saviour is at 6 minutes.
Definitely, this letter shouldn't have ever come to pass. However, I'm more concerned about it hindering police's actions for getting witnesses and such than to confirm whatever the people are already thinking.

Thanks for the video, I'm going to watch it now.
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 793