Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002059 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #5895 on: May 24, 2017, 09:29:01 am »

No we wouldn't, because you buckle the moment someone asks you to back anything up with facts.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/worst-atrocities-british-empire-amritsar-boer-war-concentration-camp-mau-mau-a6821756.html

SQUASH!

But personally I'd hope you would know SOME UK history so I wouldn't need to get third party sites so you know things like the Boer War occurred or that India exists.

indeed radical preachers and propaganda producers are a greater concern.

SOURCE NEEDED

A choice rescinded?

Just like the Jews in the UK! That was the exact logic behind it! Parallels just keep coming one after the other.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 09:48:54 am by Neonivek »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: May 24, 2017, 09:49:04 am »

SOURCE NEEDED
Basically every official report made by Belgian, Dutch, UK and pobably the other west EU intelligence agencies for the last 10 years. Or to nuance it, intelligence services do see lone wolves as a concern as well, mostly because they're harder to notice. But their main concern is hate imams, and both online as well as face to face propaganda.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 09:52:46 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: May 24, 2017, 09:49:36 am »

Perhaps you guys in Europe are doing multiculturalism wrong, you should do it the way we do it in the US.

Of course though, it probably helps to be a country of immigrants.

By slaughtering the native populace and then rearranging society into one based entirely on race instead of nationality? No thanks, the US in general is a pretty good example of how not to do things.

That's not what I meant....

But it is true. The US society is one that has completely replaced actual nationalities with racial pseudo-nationalities. If you're white enough you get to fit in and be American. If you're too brown you don't belong. The "white nation" then pats itself on the back and congratulates each other on what a nice "melting pot" they have going where anyone can fit in and while they choose to ignore that it just so happens that only white enough ethnicities are part of the pot and that they haven't even been able to "melt together" with the afro-American population that's been living there for just as long or longer as any euro-American.

So no, we get enough American racist nonsense through you exporting your "white nation" supremacist bullshit to our nationalist supremacist nuts. I really would not like the whole race-based way of viewing the world to follow.

Those are things you believe in. Those are expressions of your culture. They are not universal values of every culture ever. This is exactly the kind of thing I was getting at by saying you don't actually understand what different cultures mean and only think it is superficial things.

You mean different cultures mean people have different cultures?

Yet I don't quite think you understand. What happens to a society that doesn't allow those rights?

No, I quite do not understand you right now because you are not making any sense or presenting a coherent point. Make the argument, don't beg it.

Preedit:
Quote from: Loud Whispers
A choice rescinded? The entire world is not entitled to live in Europe regardless of whether Europeans having not invited, allowed them in or even having rejected or previously deported them. If we are to tell all EU citizens that their countries belong to whoever wishes without their consultation or permission needed, how would they take it? I daresay, we see their reaction now - it is an ugly thing

Hector was clearly referring to people already living in Europe by that statement, LW, whether by birth or acceptance.
Love, scriver~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: May 24, 2017, 09:50:02 am »

SOURCE NEEDED
Basically every official report made by Belgian, Dutch, UK and pobably the other west EU intelligence agencies for the last 10 years

That Muslim Preachers are freely radicalizing all the youth?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5899 on: May 24, 2017, 09:51:18 am »

SQUASH! Need more?
But personally I'd hope you would know SOME UK history so I wouldn't need to get third party sites... But lets play your game.
No, these are all known to me and I could show you more. Honestly this is already a vast improvement over your normal concept of discourse so I would hope you continue to play.

SOURCE NEEDED
A lone wolf suicide attacker is a self-limiting issue, once they have launched their suicide attack they are unlikely to launch another one, because they will either be dead or in prison. A preacher or cleric who is encouraging people into becoming suicide attackers is not a self-limiting issue, and will continue to recruit attackers until persuaded otherwise. Thus the latter is the greater issue in my opinion, they are the source of the former and one which is highly motivated to continue motivating others. Alternatively, you can read the source I did provide, detailing how a radical preacher motivated lone wolves to launch terrorist attacks. Your enthusiasm is somewhat let down by your distaste of effort :/

Just like the Jews in the UK! That was the exact logic behind it! Parallels just keep coming one after the other.
What are you referencing? What argument are you making? What parallels are occurring? Please for sake of clarity use compound sentences describing these most important details

*edit
Hector was clearly referring to people already living in Europe by that statement, LW, whether by birth or acceptance.
No, they were referring to those who wished to move to Europe - look at the whole "not getting to move to Europe is a punishment" thing and the response, "if it is not a punishment, what is it?"
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 09:55:09 am by Loud Whispers »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5900 on: May 24, 2017, 09:55:47 am »

You keep overgeneralizing things that are being said. No, no Muslim preachers in general, just those that preach intolerance and hatred. Most notably, Saudi funded wahabist preachers. Belgium deported a handful last year iirc, and the Netherlands tried to stop one that was banished from Belgium from entering the country but failed legally.

Silly, that, really. We can has stop Turkish minister from speaking in our country, but we cannot has stop hate-imam.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 09:57:26 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: May 24, 2017, 09:58:18 am »

Mostly stuff in this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_England

You keep overgeneralizing things that are being said. No, no Muslim preachers in general, just those that preach intolerance and hatred. Most notably, Saudi funded wahabist preachers. Belgium deported a handful last year iirc, and the Netherlands tried to stop one that was banished from Belgium from entering the country but failed legally.

Silly, that, really. We can has stop Turkish minister from speaking in our country, but we cannot has stop hate-imam.

If I am overgeneralizing then I am 100 times more specific then what has been said. "Vague Muslim enemies" is kind of propagandist.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: May 24, 2017, 09:58:38 am »

@Scriver: We have our problems, yes, I'm not denying that, but explain how muslims in the US are far more integrated in society than in European society. There has to be something we're doing right that you're doing wrong. THAT is what I'm freaking trying to say!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: May 24, 2017, 09:59:36 am »

@Scriver: We have our problems, yes, I'm not denying that, but explain how muslims in the US are far more integrated in society than in European society. There has to be something we're doing right that you're doing wrong. THAT is what I'm freaking trying to say!

Well first step is just drop the whole Muslim aspect.

What is the US doing to integrate immigrants that the UK isn't doing?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: May 24, 2017, 10:01:28 am »

What is the US doing to integrate immigrants that the UK (and every other European country) isn't doing?

Bam, exactly. Thanks for summarizing what I was trying to say.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: May 24, 2017, 10:09:50 am »

Not much, except for instilling every kid with patriotism and flag waving affection from young age and using the power of Oprah to complete the brainwashing program.
National pride is still tainted over here in Europe.

Still, you too had your Boston bombers
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:11:26 am by martinuzz »

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: May 24, 2017, 10:14:00 am »

Notes on A Disagreeable Ism
Or
Silverthrone Complains & Mutters with Unusual Clarity

The root problem, in my mind, of multiculturalism is that insidious, vicious little “ism” stamped on its tail.

Cultural exchange occurs 'naturally', as it were, and so do cultural enrichment. That is, proper cultural enrichment, not the hideous, harmful fraud that is often labelled as such. It is simply what happens when people and cultures rub together.

However, the addition of an “-ism” makes it ideology. It means that cultural exchange should not merely happen, but should be encouraged at any cost, and that it is a goal in and of itself to become “multicultural”. It also carries with it a certain ideal. An ideal of the future that multiculturalism will build, and also what it is. One of these ideals is that everyone will be in agreement of the things that matter, such as the universal human rights, freedom of speech, freedom of orientation and so forth.

That ideal, however, does not stand up very well. There are an awful lot of people who, for partly cultural reasons, reject universal human rights, freedom of speech, et cetera, and would like them counter-acted and reworked. That, I believe, cannot be allowed. However, by the ideal, tolerance and acceptance for a strange culture, and the eventual fusion with it, is of such value that it cannot risk being hindered, and that the home culture ought not to impose its own traits upon it. Part of this is the ideal that, if left alone and given room, all cultures will abandon the less palatable traits within it, and adopt the same respect and belief in universal human rights et al. on its own. That, of course, does not necessarily need to happen.

That is but one difficulty I have with cultural exchange being elevated to a strange ideology of its own. Cultural exchange need not be good, just as little as it would be entirely bad. There are negative traits, and it is well within the rights of members of other cultures to decide if they wish to see those traits imported and those customs practised in their lands.

I believe that the rigid, narrow-sighted ideological form of multiculturalism is well due for the scrap-yard. The alternative need not be equally narrow-sighted Puritanism and repression in the name of halting cultural change. Merely seeing cultural exchange as a neutral phenomenon rather than a great ideal will be enough. Some exchange ought to be encouraged, some must be challenged.

The Americas are significantly farther away from the Middle East, and has been more difficult to enter and settle within. It is a rather small factor, but it might have reflected itself in that most of the muslims migrating to the United States might have been more willing and prepared to integrate and build a new community, rather than attempting to import the old life and community with them. Perhaps settling in America was more of a new endeavour, a fresh start, requiring a certain set of mind, while moving to, say, Belgium was a simpler affair in response to a crisis back home.

That is, however, an assumption. I do not know, and I am rather intrigued to understand more about it.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: May 24, 2017, 10:15:55 am »

Yeah, the fact that in the US, about 1% of the population is muslim vs 5-10% or more (France, 11%) in EU countries might have something to do with it as well.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5908 on: May 24, 2017, 10:33:38 am »

Pretty much, what Reelya said earlier about Imams being able to help young Muslims (especially recent converts) become productive members of their community is correct, yet it makes no sense to ignore the ones who are doing the exact opposite and telling their spiritual dependents to go kill everyone.

Mostly stuff in this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_England
What are you referencing? What argument are you making? What parallels are occurring? Please for sake of clarity use compound sentences describing these most important details.

If I am overgeneralizing then I am 100 times more specific then what has been said. "Vague Muslim enemies" is kind of propagandist.
Are you trolling?

Bam, exactly. Thanks for summarizing what I was trying to say.
If this was merely an issue of immigration, we would be dealing with Slavic and Hindu mass murderers on the street, shouting adidas is the brand of peace and waving around Hindu swastikas. Besides all the reasons I listed in a few posts back here, integration was dealt with in the multicultural fashion. Germany, the Netherlands, France and Sweden all have very specific and different patterns of immigration and multiculturalism, which I will not generalize, so instead will focus on the UK.

From the Beeb:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The takehome is Western progressive strategy has made everything worse, and will continue to make everything worse.
Contrary to popular views - religious practice, health and social inequalities, discrimination, and political engagement showed no links. What increases risk is youth, wealth, and being in full-time education. Many of our most extreme radicals, willing to die and kill for ISIS, come from areas where discrimination targets Christians, Jews, Hindus Slags, Gays, Drunks, Apostates and so on, and they live well-off with no financial worry. And Germany invited millions of young fundamentalist Sunni men who they're now educating and are counting on to run their country as Germans die out. I'm damn excited at what the hell's going to happen in Germany.
If the conclusion americans find is that europeans are not tolerant and progressive enough, failure will continue to be the result and yuropoors will be europast
To start with, our government forced mass immigration to make the UK multicultural. They then encouraged all arrivals to behave not as individuals, but as communities.
For seconds, I dispute the claim that the USA has integrated Muslims into US society better than in European society. The USA's post 9/11 paranoia, wherein Sikhs are killed for being mistaken as Muslim, has not been a forgiving one. By contrast the British fighters who volunteered to join ISIS and commit genocide, great raping and destruction of Syria's people - are undeniably British, and are people who had integrated exceedingly well. This is in spite of the USA's Muslim population being a quarter converts who are already integrated Americans, in spite of the USA having a stringent selection process for who enters the USA, and the USA's Muslim population being small - this is rather cheeky then, to turn around and say that Europe should not do as the USA does. Having good jobs, good education, good family and friends, behaving well and even when abroad speaking English with English accents, complaining when their Arab colleagues steal their shoes and play the same vidya or watch the same TV as their peers at home, if they were not committing war crimes they wouldn't have an issue in the UK. What really separates them from everyone else is their willingness to kill all infidels who do not subscribe to their fundamentalist doctrines. Lack of integration is an issue, however one that is most prudent when dealing with new immigrants, not as serious an issue as for those who have been born and raised in the UK. There are some further issues, such as Western treatment of apostates in Islam or treatment of Muslims as one homogenous community, not a heterogenous one split by nationality, sect, practice, adherence to orthodoxy or fundamentalism, individual belief or local custom, which I might go on about but at this point I am exhausted.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: May 24, 2017, 10:50:38 am »

Yeah, the difference is that European countries accept a whole lot more Muslim immigrants than the US, which makes it possible for them to segregate themselves from the rest of society. For Sweden, the main problem with this appear to have started in the early 00's and just kept getting bigger and bigger (unsurprisingly it is the children of those who arrived then that is now growing up into terrorists, ISIS volunteers and the like.
People who arrived before then, like a lot of kurds and Iranians, are much better integrated into Swedish society.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 793