Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008206 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #6030 on: June 08, 2017, 10:44:16 am »

The troll toll video was kind of spot on. Germany knows that nearly all of Europe's freight traffic passes through Germany, because there is not other route. It's like a troll standing on the only bridge across a river and demanding troll toll indeed.

Unless you want to take a thousand mile detour to go around Germany and go through Switzerland, Italy, and Austria. It's certainly more than a thousand miles, but same point that it's a huge detour.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: June 08, 2017, 10:46:55 am »

That, plus the Austrian / Italian / Swiss infrastructure can't cope with a significant increase in freight volume. It would turn the three countries into a massive traffic jam.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: June 08, 2017, 01:49:03 pm »

We already do that. It's called gasoline tax.

Sounds like Europe will only benefit from the new German toll then.
Please, do indulge me: How exactly are decreased mobility in border areas and bankrupt petrol stations beneficial to Europe? I'd be very interested to understand why that is.

Easy, the faster the EU collapses in on itself like a house of rotten wood, the quicker all the countries trapped inside can struggle their way out of it.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6033 on: June 09, 2017, 05:28:09 am »

Easy, the faster the EU collapses in on itself like a house of rotten wood, the quicker all the countries trapped inside can struggle their way out of it.
The Byzantines didn't collapse in a day, which means that the Greeks will suffer for another thousand years

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: June 09, 2017, 05:55:28 pm »

Catalonia is going to hold another referendum for independence in october. Spanish parliament has already declared it illegal (again)

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: June 09, 2017, 06:00:13 pm »

Catalonia is going to hold another referendum for independence in october. Spanish parliament has already declared it illegal (again)

Didn't I mention that some weeks/few months ago?

I wonder what will happen if the referendum goes through, ends up in a yes for independence, and Spain doesn't recognize the independence? Any sort of attempt at intervention, military or otherwise, is going to be met with... problems.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: June 09, 2017, 08:45:02 pm »

The Byzantines didn't collapse in a day, which means that the Greeks will suffer for another thousand years

I think likening it to the Holy Roman Empire would be more entertaining, with the EU eventually being just Cyprus, or possibly extending to a country explicitly not in Europe before everyone flees.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: June 09, 2017, 08:46:57 pm »

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Veylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6038 on: June 09, 2017, 11:32:30 pm »

I think likening it to the Holy Roman Empire would be more entertaining, with the EU eventually being just Cyprus, or possibly extending to a country explicitly not in Europe before everyone flees.
It could happen. EU's old rival EFTA is still floating around, after all.
At what point did the suggestion of child sacrifice become the more ethical option?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6039 on: June 10, 2017, 02:54:05 am »

That seems like a good way to empower the independence voters. Hard to lose the message of how put down upon you are if the government is trying to ban your local political authority.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: June 10, 2017, 10:45:26 am »

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

EU DESIGNATES LATIN AS OFFICIAL CONTINENTAL LANGUAGE

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: June 10, 2017, 01:03:18 pm »

That would be so awesome.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6042 on: June 10, 2017, 01:15:09 pm »

I'd be in.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: June 10, 2017, 04:01:04 pm »

An automobile drove into pedestrians at the Central Station of Amsterdam, wounding 8 people, of whom 2 critically.
The driver has been taken into police custody. Police say it does not look like there's foul play or terrorism here, they think the man became unwell behind the steering wheel.
Police had just told him to leave earlier, as he had parked his car in a spot where parking was not allowed. Shortly afterwards the man rammed into a wall after hitting 8 people.
Kinda looks like the man became unwell, pulled over safely, then was forced on the road again by police and ran over people.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 04:15:58 pm by martinuzz »

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: June 10, 2017, 04:14:46 pm »

Welp, that's on all of their consciousnesses now forever.

Maybe standardize responses to a situation? First check if they need help & escalate from there? I get that usually this is how you get ambushed but- fick this world needs better technology in order to deal with all these uncertainties. Heisenberg's principle says we just need one not all of these.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 793