Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002044 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #6330 on: July 24, 2017, 05:10:05 am »

The president of Poland has surprised friend and foe by vetoing the two new laws that were going to destroy the separation of powers in Poland.

According to the president, the new laws divide the country too much to be allowed to pass. Perhaps the threat by some EU members that they would use the 'nuclear option' (which means, kick Poland out of the EU) if the laws were passed also played a part in the president's decision.

The PiS is not happy now.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6331 on: July 24, 2017, 05:33:33 am »

Poland-Britain commonwealth wen

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6332 on: July 24, 2017, 05:56:55 am »

The president of Poland has surprised friend and foe by vetoing the two new laws that were going to destroy the separation of powers in Poland.

According to the president, the new laws divide the country too much to be allowed to pass. Perhaps the threat by some EU members that they would use the 'nuclear option' (which means, kick Poland out of the EU) if the laws were passed also played a part in the president's decision.

The PiS is not happy now.

Article 7 is not the kicking out of the EU, but the suspesion of voting rights for the country within the EU.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6333 on: July 24, 2017, 01:14:27 pm »

Poland-Britain commonwealth wen
"We won't let them have our sovereignty unless we give it to them! Speaking of which, Poland, want some sovereignty?"

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6334 on: July 25, 2017, 01:40:51 am »

even considering how despised the Only True Party TM is, they'll win the next election, they have no one to lose to anymore (and they might simply fraud their way through either way)

the opposition is so pathetic they can't rally FOR anything, only against PiS retardation and not even effectively at that

SAD!
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: July 26, 2017, 03:34:56 am »

The EU has threatened Bangladesh with economic sanctions, if they do not take back their migrants.
Apparently the second largest group of economic migrants using human smuggling routes into Greece and Italy are not from African countries, but instead, from Bangladesh.
Note that none of the Bangladese even have the slightest chance of getting a permit to stay. Bangladesh is a 'safe' country, they are all economic migrants and will not get a visum. However, Bangladesh has been refusing to let them back into the country.
If Bangladesh does not immediatly makes a deal about taking their fellow countrymen back, starting september, the EU will impose economic sanctions and embargo.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: July 26, 2017, 04:13:55 am »

Note that none of the Bangladese even have the slightest chance of getting a permit to stay. Bangladesh is a 'safe' country, they are all economic migrants and will not get a visum. However, Bangladesh has been refusing to let them back into the country.

Note entirely true. Sure, they probably won't get full refugee status, but Italian judges have given some kind of protections to at least a fourth of incoming Bengladeshi. (Source: Economist) It's the same retarded European Policy of making it really hard to get here, but being quite generous once you set foot on the continent.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6337 on: July 26, 2017, 04:16:23 am »

It's the same retarded European Policy of making it really hard to get here, but being quite generous once you set foot on the continent.

Quite related.

But it is muuuch harder to scale back what you offer then it is to scale back the how tough it is to get in.

So I don't expect it to change anytime soon.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6338 on: July 26, 2017, 07:50:25 am »

Note entirely true. Sure, they probably won't get full refugee status, but Italian judges have given some kind of protections to at least a fourth of incoming Bengladeshi. (Source: Economist) It's the same retarded European Policy of making it really hard to get here, but being quite generous once you set foot on the continent.

I find the term "some form of protection" rather vague, what does it imply?
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6339 on: July 26, 2017, 08:52:54 am »

That depends a lot from countries to countries, but generally it at least mean that you are not to be deported, even if it falls short of refugees status. Not sure if it grants things like the right to move across Schengen or the right to work. The original article doesn't go into details about what exactly that entails, and it's probably a bunch of different statutes.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6340 on: July 29, 2017, 04:26:02 am »

In Germany, a asylum seeker who was turned down stabbed people in a supermarket. One 50-year old man died, 5 people were injured.
The man was then chased out of the supermarket by other customers, and police could apprehend him after some random guy knocked him unconscious at a bus stop, with a metal bar.

German police are now raiding the asylum seeker center the man lived at, in Hamburg.

The man had lost his asylum case, but Germany was unable to deport him, because they could not prove the man's nationality.
He was known to the police for using drugs and having psychiatric problems.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 04:27:54 am by martinuzz »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: July 29, 2017, 04:30:51 am »

In unrelated news, Italy has passed a new law which makes vaccination of children below age 16 against measels and 9 other diseases obligatory.
The law was passed after a measels epidemic struck Italy this year, affecting 3300 children, of whom two died of the measels.

Parent will henceforth have to be able to provide proof of vaccination, or their children will not be welcome in daycare / school, and they can be fined up to 500 euros.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 04:32:48 am by martinuzz »

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6342 on: July 29, 2017, 09:06:23 am »

In unrelated news, Italy has passed a new law which makes vaccination of children below age 16 against measels and 9 other diseases obligatory.
The law was passed after a measels epidemic struck Italy this year, affecting 3300 children, of whom two died of the measels.

Parent will henceforth have to be able to provide proof of vaccination, or their children will not be welcome in daycare / school, and they can be fined up to 500 euros.
Good.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: July 29, 2017, 09:18:34 am »

The ability to opt out of vaccination is HIGHLY dependent on how many people opt out versus how many people opt in... and IF people who opt out congregate (which they often do).

When we don't get enough vaccinations for herd immunity then yeah... People lose the ability to opt out except for medical reasons.

I am also in support of mandatory vaccinations. But stipulate that it can be relaxed where it isn't necessary (but as we are learning... It VERY often is)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: July 29, 2017, 10:47:54 am »

I am in favour of mandatory vaccination as well. I was a bit surprised though that Italy of all places would enforce it. Then again, antivaxxing is not really a catholic thing.

I'm not sure though if I agree with the 'not allow children in daycare or school' part. Daycare, mkay, I guess. School? No, you are punishing the child (with a delay in it's development, and/or by giving them a nickname for bullies, Typhoid Mario) for it's parents's wrongs. That can't be good.

Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 793