Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002146 times)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #9270 on: December 10, 2018, 11:10:41 am »

Heading blindly into a situation we have no idea how it will pan out, with no arrangements agreed, with a leader noone trusts or has any faith in.  We are totally and utterly fucked.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9271 on: December 10, 2018, 11:14:31 am »

Vote’s been cancelled.

Also, European Court of Justice agrees with the dude from last week, UK can unilaterally cancel Brexit.

Labour planning to table no confidence vote instead.

Now that they've practically been given an open barn door for a way out, I think they'd be fools not to take the opportunity. But that's just my opinion as I know it differs from some.

Heading blindly into a situation we have no idea how it will pan out, with no arrangements agreed, with a leader noone trusts or has any faith in.  We are totally and utterly fucked.

And they've just been given a way to totally and utterly unfuck themselves.

Alright, so I could talk to a friend whose close to the movement. I mentionned the hand blew off incident, and he told me exactly what you would expect. Paraphrasing and roughly translating : "we had two last week, kids pick up tear gas grenades bare hand. If you want to send them back, you have to hit them with a pole"

So here you go, mistery solved. Illuminati are innocent this time

Wouldn't hitting it with a pole still make it detonate? Seems like flicking it with a pole (a hockey stick would probably be easier to do it with) is a better idea than smacking it like a golf ball.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 11:19:42 am by smjjames »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9272 on: December 10, 2018, 11:27:23 am »

Wouldn't hitting it with a pole still make it detonate? Seems like flicking it with a pole (a hockey stick would probably be easier to do it with) is a better idea than smacking it like a golf ball.

Yes, but a hockey stick is large enough to be noticed. And after it happened a time or two, the police would label anyone carrying a hockey stick (or object that looks anything like one) as a dangerous terrorist who is even worse than a photographer.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9273 on: December 10, 2018, 11:46:46 am »

Hotel  California is not a way to unfuck oneself.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9274 on: December 10, 2018, 01:26:45 pm »

Vote’s been cancelled.

Also, European Court of Justice agrees with the dude from last week, UK can unilaterally cancel Brexit.

Now that they've practically been given an open barn door for a way out, I think they'd be fools not to take the opportunity. But that's just my opinion as I know it differs from some.

And they've just been given a way to totally and utterly unfuck themselves

The issue is much more complex than that. Two major sticking points are that there was already a referendum (non-binding however much it was) that voted one way, and despite the SNP not harping on about independence and working toward figuring out alternatives to it, if they redo the Brexit one, they’re going to demand a redo of the independence one.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9275 on: December 10, 2018, 03:09:49 pm »

Hotel  California is not a way to unfuck oneself.
Check out anytime you like UK.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9276 on: December 10, 2018, 05:02:09 pm »

Vote’s been cancelled.

And they've just been given a way to totally and utterly unfuck themselves

The issue is much more complex than that. Two major sticking points are that there was already a referendum (non-binding however much it was) that voted one way, and despite the SNP not harping on about independence and working toward figuring out alternatives to it, if they redo the Brexit one, they’re going to demand a redo of the independence one.

Haven't they already threatened to have a redo of the independence one if Brexit goes through? I know they were threatening to leave if Brexit goes through because Scotland mostly wanted to remain in the EU. Might have been tempered somewhat by the EU saying that Scotland would have to start from the beginning and not play favorites (or perhaps creating precedent for secceeders) rather than having it be fast tracked.

Still, the option is there should they have a collective mental breakdown and decide to cancel Brexit.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9277 on: December 10, 2018, 05:33:33 pm »

Can any British person here explain what was that stuff about a labor mp grabbing a  mace?
Edit
Russell-Moyle later said he acted “on the spur of the moment” because of his frustration MPs were not being listened to. Speaking from the Red Lion pub just outside Parliament, the Labour MP said:

The symbolic gesture of lifting the mace and removing it is that the will of Parliament to govern is no longer there has been removed.

I felt Parliament had effectively given up its sovereign right to govern properly. They stopped me before I got out of the Chamber and I wasn’t going to struggle with someone wearing a huge sword on their hip.
You were wielding a huge mace you gigantic pussy! Just shout "What is dead may never die!" and deliver summary executive power!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 05:37:31 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9278 on: December 10, 2018, 05:43:35 pm »

Can any British person here explain what was that stuff about a labor mp grabbing a  mace?
Edit
Russell-Moyle later said he acted “on the spur of the moment” because of his frustration MPs were not being listened to. Speaking from the Red Lion pub just outside Parliament, the Labour MP said:

The symbolic gesture of lifting the mace and removing it is that the will of Parliament to govern is no longer there has been removed.

I felt Parliament had effectively given up its sovereign right to govern properly. They stopped me before I got out of the Chamber and I wasn’t going to struggle with someone wearing a huge sword on their hip.
You were wielding a huge mace you gigantic pussy! Just shout "What is dead may never die!" and deliver summary executive power!
A gilt ceremonial mace, wielded by a sedentary parliamentarian. The years of Cromwellian soldier-statesmen is over, for the exact reason that the soldier-statesman was easily capable of assuming executive command. To wit, no one was ever brave enough to tell Cromwell he couldn't attend parliament fully armed and armoured, despite Cromwell forbidding everyone from doing so.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9279 on: December 10, 2018, 09:25:39 pm »

The years of Cromwellian soldier-statesmen is over, for the exact reason that the soldier-statesman was easily capable of assuming executive command. To wit, no one was ever brave enough to tell Cromwell he couldn't attend parliament fully armed and armoured, despite Cromwell forbidding everyone from doing so.

I choose to interpret this is as evidence that the only reason May is still PM is that she's packing some serious heat.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9280 on: December 10, 2018, 09:28:34 pm »

I choose to interpret this is as evidence that the only reason May is still PM is that she's packing some serious heat.
She's still there because she's the Austria-Hungary of government. Everyone wants her gone, but no one has made a move to replace her, because no one can agree on who to replace her with.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9281 on: December 10, 2018, 09:42:21 pm »

I'm just saying, there's no downside to locking the entire Orie government in the tower indefinitely if they can't agree on a course of action.

As Immanuel Kant would have put it: "Fucking do it Jezza go go boi make or break the throat of fate fire liz while you're at it".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9282 on: December 10, 2018, 10:02:47 pm »

She's still there because she's the Austria-Hungary of government. Everyone wants her gone, but no one has made a move to replace her, because no one can agree on who to replace her with.
It also has a lot to do with the people who engineer her removal likely being accused of putting their personal ambitions ahead of the country’s interest.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9283 on: December 10, 2018, 10:34:25 pm »

It also has a lot to do with the people who engineer her removal likely being accused of putting their personal ambitions ahead of the country’s interest.
10/10

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9284 on: December 11, 2018, 02:04:45 am »

Edit

A gilt ceremonial mace, wielded by a sedentary parliamentarian. The years of Cromwellian soldier-statesmen is over, for the exact reason that the soldier-statesman was easily capable of assuming executive command. To wit, no one was ever brave enough to tell Cromwell he couldn't attend parliament fully armed and armoured, despite Cromwell forbidding everyone from doing so.

Link to whatever that quote is from? Curious as to the background context. Also, who wears huge swords on their hips these days? Apart from LARPers, historical re-enactors and people just playing costume. Also2, a huge sword? Like bastard sword or claymore size, the kind big enough to use as an improptu club? Also3, what even was someone with a big sword doing in the Parliament anyway (besides LWs mention of Cromwell), or rather, how did they get in with that sword?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 02:14:25 am by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 793