Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855458 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #705 on: April 21, 2016, 06:23:20 pm »

I imagine the speeds in Melbourne are still better than my crappy DSL connection though. Australia'a average would be offset by all the people living in the middle of bumfuck nowhere.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 21, 2016, 10:32:39 pm »

Fine, I'll do that speedtest thing and get back to you.

In other Mildsads: apparently that pop singer named 'Prince' died and I want to respond with a semi-sarcastic "Who?" but I worry that too many of my acquaintances would be horribly offended. Alas.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 21, 2016, 10:35:37 pm »

I honestly don't know who Prince was.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 21, 2016, 11:11:04 pm »

I honestly don't know who Prince was.

Rihanna with a moustache.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 21, 2016, 11:17:57 pm »

He was one of the most brilliant musicians who ever lived. He could play over 100 instruments, but despite being such a jack-of-all-trades was still one of the greatest guitarists alive.

Fine, I'll do that speedtest thing and get back to you.

In other Mildsads: apparently that pop singer named 'Prince' died and I want to respond with a semi-sarcastic "Who?" but I worry that too many of my acquaintances would be horribly offended. Alas.

Mostly because it's a dick thing to do semi-sarcastically, yeah. It's like the nerd "what are sports" oneupmanship which is annoying by itself but over a death.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #710 on: April 22, 2016, 12:09:32 am »

He could play over 100 instruments
But could he play them well?
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 22, 2016, 12:13:04 am »

yes

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 22, 2016, 12:13:56 am »

According to this New Zealand's Internet speeds are much better than Australia's are.
That's mainly because New Zealand's internet is obscenely expensive.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #713 on: April 22, 2016, 12:15:00 am »

yes
Oh

that's actually impressive

something something state monopoly something something

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 22, 2016, 12:37:27 am »

I'm pretty sure the only way I'll be able to find a stable, happy situation where I can actually advance in my personal issues is if a guardian angel takes myself and my few real friends, transplants them to a place far away from here yet exactly the same, and makes the day 30 hours long so I have enough time to sleep, work, study, pursue personal ambitions and not be a wealthy loser with no friends at the end of it all.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 22, 2016, 03:09:05 am »

According to this New Zealand's Internet speeds are much better than Australia's are.
We pay $140 a month for 25GB that if we're lucky run at 500kB/s. It's mainly because I live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere but still.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 03:11:44 am by Gamedragon »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #716 on: April 22, 2016, 03:07:24 pm »

buhhhhhhhhhhh

Stomach is upset, much more than what is usual for having eaten pizza and drunken Pepsi Max. Reflux is nothing new, but constant heartburn is. This'll be a fun night, especially since Captain Hypochondria wants me to think that it's something worse than the usual. >.>
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 22, 2016, 04:58:08 pm »

I intentionally skipped class today. I don't feel bad about it... which in turn makes me feel bad. But I'm going to have to withdraw this class, I haven't intentionally skipped since the worst schooling days of my life.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #718 on: April 22, 2016, 06:49:39 pm »

Eh, as you say, if you're going to withdraw from it anyways, there's not much sense in attending the classes (i mean, unless you enjoy it or REALLY have to). I personally only felt bad about skipping classes (at uni, mind you) because i knew i had to have an explanation ready for mom, which is silly because the majority of the classes at (Danish) uni aren't actually mandatory. It's generally only lab class that's pretty much always mandatory, otherwise it's just "we're here if you need it (which you often do), just don't fuck up on the turn-in's or exams". Suffice to say, if you DO fuck up on those due to too much absence, it's probably your own fault. :v

also i now know the true nature of my upset bowels

it is gas

too much gas that can't get through the system easily

this is actually quite painful but at least i know what it is
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 22, 2016, 07:19:27 pm »

Eh, as you say, if you're going to withdraw from it anyways, there's not much sense in attending the classes (i mean, unless you enjoy it or REALLY have to). I personally only felt bad about skipping classes (at uni, mind you) because i knew i had to have an explanation ready for mom, which is silly because the majority of the classes at (Danish) uni aren't actually mandatory. It's generally only lab class that's pretty much always mandatory, otherwise it's just "we're here if you need it (which you often do), just don't fuck up on the turn-in's or exams". Suffice to say, if you DO fuck up on those due to too much absence, it's probably your own fault. :v

That's how it is in the larger classes (like 50+ people) here in the US, but a smaller section with 15-25 people in it, or one in the sciences, is probably going to have some points that you can only get by going to class. We get (to buy) these little radio response doohickeys that professors use to take attendance and ask questions through the lecture in larger classes, while the smaller ones will take note of who's here and who isn't by memory and sometimes do in-class works due at the end of the period.

It's interesting to see how small the differences are in such far away places.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 07:21:17 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 778