Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859913 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #1110 on: May 31, 2016, 10:06:09 pm »

*pats Shook*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 31, 2016, 10:06:45 pm »

Decided to quit soda yesterday. Failed today.

Only one tho, so that's better.

Make sure to have a substitute handy, whether that's water or tea or whatever. You still have to drink.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: May 31, 2016, 11:33:58 pm »

Decided to quit soda yesterday. Failed today.

Only one tho, so that's better.

Make sure to have a substitute handy, whether that's beer or cider or rum or bourbon or vodka or whatever. You still have to drink.
FTFY

(Seriously though, good luck with ditching soda! That stuff's nasty.)

In my own mild sads, well... not sure where to start. Somehow I forgot my phone charger- not the usb cord that plugs into the phone and would be easy to replace, but the plug that goes into the wall. I remember having that out and packing it, but I guess I must have put it in my laptop bag before I decided not to take my laptop, and somehow that terribly important object was the one thing that didn't make the laptop bag-to-backpack transition.

My 3DS charger, on the other hand, I remembered. Yay. Now if only I could use my 3DS to make texts and calls, or the charger to charge a phone. ::)

Next, on the train here ("here" being the town where my mother lives, where I am visiting to help her start up a shop she's planning on opening), shortly before I arrived I managed to break the remaining speaker on my earphones. I removed it from my ear to make a phonecall, then decided to put the earphones away before I reached my destination.
Unfortunately, it was severely tangled in some of my (even more severely tangled) hair. I gave it a tug, it didn't come loose. I fiddled with it for a while, trying to untangle it, but it was pretty bad. Finally I decided, "what's a few more broken/torn out hairs in the horrible mess that is my hair," and yanked it. Sadly my hair, whilst in poor condition, badly tangled and altogether messy and awful, is still quite strong. RIP earphones, you served me surprisingly well for how cheap you were. :(

So earlier I had to buy a new pair, and I only had $10. I'm pretty sure the last pair were only 9 or 10 dollars, and they were the same brand as these ones from what I remember, but the new ones sound pretty cruddy. At least I was able to set my Ipod's EQ to 'treble booster' and get songs sounding somewhat like they're supposed to. Still, annoying. Hopefully these ones at least fit more comfortably under my earphones.

At least I'm somewhat enthusiastic about this new shop my mother is starting.
Seems to be coming together nicely, hopefully I can muster up the motivation to help and get things kicked off.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: May 31, 2016, 11:56:18 pm »

No. Alcohol bad. Bad Yoink. Drink soda before you overdrink alcohol.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: June 01, 2016, 02:38:55 am »

My laptop's warranty expired... like, a few weeks before the problem with the fan started. Crap. It's time for my favorite thing in the whole world, customer service phone calls! Yaay.....

Or I could replace the fan myself and potentially ruin everything, although I've partially disassembled it several times without major issue. The thing is, all of the guides stop there, except for a vague description of "Remove these screws, then remove ALL THE COMPONENTS".
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: June 01, 2016, 01:11:27 pm »

That's essentially how you do it. Remove any screws blocking you from removing X part. Make sure you keep them organized. Remove X part. Repeat until everything is in pieces. Then, swap out whatever you want to upgrade/swap out. Put it all back together, and you're done.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: June 01, 2016, 09:46:52 pm »

I'd really like to be anything to anyone besides a punching bag, scapegoat, adopted older brother (not actually adopted), or just incredibly awkward friend, but everytime I try I just make things worse. Like one of my friends. We dated last year, it lasted for around two days; except we didn't officially brake up till a few months later. So now even saying I have a mild interest in getting to know her better makes everything awkward. Not to mention she thinks of one of my least favorite 'friends' as an older brother, so they tend to stick together on most things. Can I just totally check out of life? dsgfmsavhkljcasd.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: June 01, 2016, 09:59:54 pm »

@chaotic skies:No, no you don't.  You just helped someone with a technical issue.

Why would it do that?  You tried it, it didn't work, there weren't any hard feelings, so...That's that and you can have normal conversations

Please don't actually check out.  That would be kind of bad.

@Nazxa:...
Naxza, you are though.

@iinl:What chaotic said?  I'm not a computer hardware expert or even a novice, but that pretty much makes sense.  But yeah, I hope the hold music is half-decent.

@Yoink:I bet there's a USB outlet somewhere.  But yeah, that sucks.  Actually, a lot of those things suck.  May your hardware troubles be resolved.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: June 01, 2016, 10:13:27 pm »

I don't mean permanently. I just mean totally be done with things for a while. Withdraw would be a better word. And trust me, it's awkward. If I so much as say "Hi" to a girl it's instantly "So when are you going to ask her out?" from every guy in the group. Yet another reason I left our group chats.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: June 02, 2016, 04:21:30 am »

I wrote a screen-space shader for a long abandoned Unity project. It's exactly what I need right now for my current project... and I deleted the old project. Despite explicitly having backed it up at some time in the past with the knowledge that that code would probably be useful, I seem to have even deleted the backup.

So, I have to rewrite it. I hate writing shaders, which is why I backed it up in the first place what ever possessed me to delete it aosudhkjsfnvoinert
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1120 on: June 02, 2016, 06:31:15 am »

Maybe you did it by accident? In any case that sounds monumentally annoying, having to rewrite the same code is bothersome as all fuck. :<

I don't mean permanently. I just mean totally be done with things for a while. Withdraw would be a better word.
Sounds a lot like my occasional desire to temporarily phase out of reality and take a break. Like, i don't want to die at all, but sometimes it'd be nice to be able to put reality on hold for a bit, and just... I dunno, sit there and stare at the falling rain for hours without getting hungry or thirsty, or something. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: June 02, 2016, 06:45:55 am »

@Yoink:I bet there's a USB outlet somewhere.  But yeah, that sucks.  Actually, a lot of those things suck.  May your hardware troubles be resolved.
Nope, there aren't any USB ports to be found here. I looked fairly thoroughly. Then again, it isn't an actual house so it's not too surprising. I've been able to charge my phone (and Ipod) at my mother's house today and yesterday, so that's good enough. It was just a problem on that first day, when my phone was pretty much flat and I needed to contact people.

'Sall good now.

@Shook: huh, that actually kind of describes the mildsad I'm having right now.
I'm rather tired and am lying in bed to sleep, but then nostalgia starts tormenting me, both making me feel sad and keeping me awake thinking about stuff. Damnit. It'd be nice if I could just lie here thinking, possibly with musical accompaniment, but I need to get some sleep so I can do stuff tomorrow.

...I'll probably wind up having some weird dreams tonight. Hopefully I remember them.
Booze is Life for Yoink

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: June 02, 2016, 07:27:38 am »

I don't mean permanently. I just mean totally be done with things for a while. Withdraw would be a better word. And trust me, it's awkward. If I so much as say "Hi" to a girl it's instantly "So when are you going to ask her out?" from every guy in the group. Yet another reason I left our group chats.
Okay, your group is kinda annoying, but that's not you nor her.  So don't make it your fault.

...I think everyone wants to just take a break sometimes.
Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: June 02, 2016, 09:55:29 am »

Of course, you could always tell those friends how much their nagging stresses you out and/or makes you uncomfortable, if you haven't already. In my experience, it's easy to just assume the people you interact with are aware of how you feel about something (and, by extension, don't care) when in fact they have no idea and wouldn't be acting the way they do if they knew it was upsetting you.

Naturally, there is also the possibility of those friends simply being dicks. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: June 02, 2016, 05:53:58 pm »

Looks like the room fan's starting to go. Was making noises, done it a few times before... was mostly because of hair and such wrapped around things. Cleaned it up again, but now it just won't run at the lowest setting. Other two are... alright, if still making worrying noises, but it's not a particularly good sign regardless. Probably going to try to replace it over the course of the next week or two... bloody room's probably 4-5 degrees hotter than the rest of the house, and that fan's been most of what's been keeping my laptop from melting.

Still. Had a good run. Probably been two, two and a half years of being on significantly more than not. Got probably a good twelve thousand or more hours of operating time out of it over that span of time, which I'm guessing is fairly decent. I am... not easy on fans >_>
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 779