Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859532 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #1995 on: October 28, 2016, 08:13:09 am »

A vague sadness that Ned Stark isn't in GoT anymore. He was a great character.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #1996 on: October 28, 2016, 09:53:09 pm »

It was bound to happen, what with the books and all.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: October 28, 2016, 09:55:45 pm »

bless him, hes resting with the sacred yams of Ahia Njoku
Yoooo, ur back! Hi!

Now we need Rubidium.

oh shit i am back

this was not part of the plan

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: October 28, 2016, 09:56:46 pm »

Wait, has the "Varys snuck Ned out, and used his Cosplay Skills to dress up someone else to be executed in his stead, hence everyone saying 'that face doesn't even look like Ned anymore,'" theory been debunked?

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: October 28, 2016, 10:08:18 pm »

Wait, has the "Varys snuck Ned out, and used his Cosplay Skills to dress up someone else to be executed in his stead, hence everyone saying 'that face doesn't even look like Ned anymore,'" theory been debunked?
That's a theory?!?!?

Now my WTF is the idea of the fantastic plot twist that would be.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: October 28, 2016, 10:53:58 pm »

I think the major narrative reason is that Jon Snow needs someone to legitimize his birthright as a Filthy Targaryen. And the only people who could do that are the survivors from the Tower of Joy; IE. Howland Reed and Eddard Stark. Also, I think Sean Bean is still contracted for the Game of Thrones show, despite being "dead". Excluding more flashbacks...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: October 29, 2016, 03:07:11 am »

I'm that kind of pseudo-awake where my body is moving and I don't feel tired, but I'm so physically and mentally uncoordinated that I'm not really going to get anything done. Example, I'm typing this post a second time because I hit "preview" and thought that meant I posted it and could close the tab.

Also, as happens late at night when I'm tired, I'm thinking the worst of myself.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: October 29, 2016, 05:29:46 am »

Started listening to a rather long song but had to stop to go poop about a fifth of the way through. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: October 29, 2016, 05:37:15 am »

I'm that kind of pseudo-awake where my body is moving and I don't feel tired, but I'm so physically and mentally uncoordinated that I'm not really going to get anything done. Example, I'm typing this post a second time because I hit "preview" and thought that meant I posted it and could close the tab.

Also, as happens late at night when I'm tired, I'm thinking the worst of myself.
Just had about the same feeling a few hours ago. Quite... weird and annoying, though I went to sleep after a while. Try drinking tea?
._.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: October 29, 2016, 08:33:36 am »

It was bound to happen, what with the books and all.
Errrr, I kinda meant in both the books and the series?

That's a theory?!?!?

Now my WTF is the idea of the fantastic plot twist that would be.
It wouldn't fit very well, given Bran's visions of Ned, and their knowledge of his death. Of course, I think that might have only been the books?

I think the major narrative reason is that Jon Snow needs someone to legitimize his birthright as a Filthy Targaryen. And the only people who could do that are the survivors from the Tower of Joy; IE. Howland Reed and Eddard Stark. Also, I think Sean Bean is still contracted for the Game of Thrones show, despite being "dead". Excluding more flashbacks...
Isn't Reed still alive? Besides, now we have Bran for all that stuff. Or it's possible Howland told his daughter.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: October 29, 2016, 09:06:01 am »

Just went into the kitchen to make a coffee, put water on to boil, grabbed the tin from its hiding place behind a bunch of other stuff on the bench and pulled it towards me... and discovered that whoever used my coffee last hadn't replaced the lid securely. 

Coffee powder spilled on the bench, on my hand, and (quite a large amount) on the floor, as I looked on in horror.
Sure, my preferred brand of coffee may be reasonably cheap compared to the sorts of fancy-ass coffee a lot of people go for, but it's still an expensive substance by my standards. Bugger. I still have some left in the tin, and I shoved enough of the spilled stuff into my cup (along with gods-know-what bacteria from the bench, ugh) to make the drink, but it's still annoying.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: October 29, 2016, 09:28:06 am »

One time I spilled bleach over my tea box.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: October 29, 2016, 12:01:56 pm »

Isn't Reed still alive? Besides, now we have Bran for all that stuff. Or it's possible Howland told his daughter.
Don't want to do a big Song of Ice and Fire derail.... but:

Though Bran might be able to convince Jon himself (and maybe Daenerys, if he's to be one of the three heads of the Dragon, and/or Azor Ahai), but I suspect that the dreams of a traitor's crippled child are going to have a hard time passing muster with the greater public. Remember that magic isn't a fact of life, in most Westerosi minds. Howland Reed is still alive, though. He's probably the prime candidate to corroborate Jon's claim to his birthright, especially if he and Bran meet and discuss it at some point.

But still, I still have a hard time accepting that unflinchingly proud and honorable Ned Stark would have lied and declared himself a traitor in an attempt to save his life. And the comments people made about his head not looking like him feel like a plot hook. Also, remember that Varys is a master of disguise and secret passages with all kinds of shadowy connections, and met with Ned right before the execution, and disappeared from the Red Keep right afterward too.

Also, can't Sean Bean not die in a single thing he's in? :<

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: October 29, 2016, 12:26:17 pm »

It's possible, I suppose, if speaking solely from the perspective of the TV series. In the books I'm convinced he's dead.

Assuming he did somehow survive, he would not abandon his family. Robb went to war and ultimately died for him. Arya is missing. Sansa was essentially a prisoner to be tormented by Joffrey in a Lannister stronghold.

It's possible he was shipped abroad a la Tyrion, but again..... he just wouldn't take that lying down. IMO he's definitely dead, and all that could resurrect him is the series giving in to public desire. Which I kinda hope happens, so long as they at least hide some of the holes involved with so doing.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: October 29, 2016, 12:45:19 pm »

I'd entertain that possibility in A Song of Ice and Fire if the author wasn't GRRM.

Whic his why it's possible in the show.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 779