Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859635 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10605 on: November 28, 2022, 11:10:37 am »

IIRC, you have a thing against older people.

Could be that's influencing you?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10606 on: November 28, 2022, 12:07:11 pm »

Yes I guess I am completly shut off of noticing anywhere else and I hyperfocus on the people I'd prefer to ignore the most 100points. I hope you yelled some falsehood while I was explaining to make sure you didn't get it so you can convince yourself it was me.
let

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10607 on: November 28, 2022, 12:11:32 pm »

Plot twist: the old lady was you all along.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10608 on: November 28, 2022, 12:13:16 pm »

That being said I should totally put my biases into action next time I'm convinced somebody didn't listen I clap my hands super loud and yell "WHAT DID I JUST TELL YOU?!"

Then when they manage to retrieve syllabes from their short term memory and reconstrunct it and wanna act all indignated Ill say "good you would have forgotten if I didn't make you do this, now stfu the phone number to complain is on that sign over there"
let

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10609 on: November 28, 2022, 01:24:36 pm »

I hope you yelled some falsehood while I was explaining to make sure you didn't get it so you can convince yourself it was me.

I do like yelling! Though maybe not quite as much as you do  ;D
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #10610 on: November 28, 2022, 06:15:49 pm »

On the bright side, you didn't voice the desire to murder them this time, you only voiced the wish that someone else had done it by accident. Way to go!

In slight unhappinesses- I let my mom know today that I'm planning to apply for work internationally once the springtime rolls around. I don't know if there's a way to say or do that sort of thing without vaguely crushing someone's spirit when they want family close, even if she knew it was coming. Objectively she'll support it, but not without the barrage of 'no don't leave's that abrade my conscience.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 06:30:25 pm by None »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10611 on: November 28, 2022, 07:34:23 pm »

Hey man, live for you. In this world of inter-connectedness you can can still see each other every day
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10612 on: November 29, 2022, 12:41:00 am »

How did the baton of ultimate responsibility get thrust into your hand? Can you relay it on to someone else's eager palms?

I won a stupid election and have a nonzero amount of political savvy. No one else is eager. They know how hard they are to deal with :C
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #10613 on: November 29, 2022, 02:29:04 am »

I miss Naturegirl.

Hm, seems she has indeed not been around the forums recently. IIRC last time she didn't post much it was just because of college stuff, so I wouldn't worry too much.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10614 on: November 29, 2022, 06:57:35 am »

I can't ride with someone else without at least one solid jumpscare every 15km... I'm tired of being a statistacal anormality because apparantly ut's also possible to coast to a high age without a single conscious thought or elevated heartrythm... But what to expect we live in a world where nobody can remap keyboard keys onto VR cobtroller. I am the crazy person, ok, can I be at calm now?
let

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10615 on: December 01, 2022, 07:50:57 pm »

I'm a lot less lush than I used to be but, wow, it is concerning that my mom couldn't tell I was drunk recently.  On the phone!

In fact I apparently did the thing I do in text chats where I led her on a meandering storytime, and at the end she apologized for rambling so much.
Drunk-me loves derailing conversations I guess, or is unconsciously really good at it, I don't know!

Particularly ironic since a large part of the conversation was discussing whether a friend of hers has been drunk in my presence, and I had to honestly say I can't tell (over the phone. I can tell by how he stands, naturally).

Edit: For years I've had this reflex of mentioning to people when I'm drunk, and I've been wondering where that came from. I think it's because I quickly realized that people couldn't tell, and I didn't want to be speaking for sober-me in those situations.  Not that I'm absolved of responsibility but like, it might matter I guess.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 07:54:06 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #10616 on: December 05, 2022, 02:58:38 pm »

uncomfortably asking myself in the mirror like:

"is my hair line receding, or has it always plunged that far back?"

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10617 on: December 05, 2022, 03:09:11 pm »

Hair clippers mate.

People can’t tell you’re going bald if you’re bald.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10618 on: December 05, 2022, 03:10:27 pm »

Hair clippers mate.

People can’t tell you’re going bald if you’re bald.

Hairline: *starts receding*
Me: I refuse to negotiate with terrorists. *starts up hair clippers*

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10619 on: December 05, 2022, 04:14:15 pm »

I haven't cut the hair on the top of my head in... over a decade? Not twenty years yet, but it's getting there. I like it long, plus it gives me a low key excuse to wear purple (hair ties).

When it started thinning I just went full fuckit: Nature can do what it wants, I'm just going to brush it out and roll with it. No cutting, no trimming, just tie it up and go. It'd look better with actual maintenance, but I care more about winning the metaphorical game of chicken than I do about appearances, at this point.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 779