Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 107057 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #180 on: June 13, 2017, 04:40:24 am »

I loved to bumpslash everything with a fast light horse and a warhammer in c-rpg... mostly because none else used a weapon so unsuited for mounted warefare, but with everyone being maxed our armor tank monsters it helps.

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 13, 2017, 08:49:36 am »

In cRPG they even added a stealth damage nerf for bump-slashing.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 13, 2017, 11:53:47 am »

I guess I'll have to rewatch but I didn't really see him riding into a line of infantry and scattering people or launching them back. Mostly they avoided crowds as was good practice in M&B1.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 13, 2017, 12:01:58 pm »

In the horse archer video at about 3 minutes 10 seconds: watch the white horse with the plated barding and no rider, it completely launches a dude off the screen.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 13, 2017, 01:44:35 pm »

2:37 he basically runs horse-first into like 3 dudes and barely slows.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 13, 2017, 03:08:41 pm »

Here in the first video as well. I think hitting that many people (look at the column of "charged for...") would have stopped any horse in WB.
Maybe its the mods I play, but hitting more then 3 people usually stops even high charge warhorses.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 03:10:16 pm by Cyroth »
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2017, 11:33:09 am »

Taleworlds has released a new video from Gamescon. So far the best improvement I've seen so far is moving "X killed Y" out of the chat box. I hated that crap flooding my screen on 120 player servers.

E: Now that I think about it, didn't it also flood your screen in singleplayer?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 11:34:59 am by OzyTheSage »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2017, 11:36:14 am »

I understand there were some shakeups in the dev team of late. The game's release was pushed back, and the ginger-haired developer with glasses who was in on most of the demos has left the team. I honestly haven't stayed up with the drama but apparently Tale Worlds is saying they're going to do more and better communication with the fanbase moving forward to release.

Anyways, not sure I like some of that icon work. Makes me think strongly of Elemental for some reason. I also miss the kill spam, personally. I hope it's configurable. I didn't like how it filled up the window but I did use it as a rough gauge of how the battle is going. When you see 10 of your guys go down in one pass it helped you know you were outgunned.

Plus when you're riding by on horse back it's good to know that swing was an actual kill.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 11:44:16 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2017, 12:30:17 pm »

I used it to tell how the battle was going casualty- and priaoner-wise as it happened.
Love, scriver~

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 22, 2017, 12:55:07 pm »

Maybe it would be useful to have a forces bar that shows your numbers relevant to the enemies? Having icons that show how many troops remain in your various groupings would be useful as well.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 22, 2017, 12:57:36 pm »

I feel like this game is in development hell...there appears to be progress...but its soooo long

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 22, 2017, 02:41:02 pm »

I feel like this game is in development hell...there appears to be progress...but its soooo long

The dev time is long yeah, but this game is extremely ambitious and I'd rather hype myself to death over a long period of time then get NoManSky'd again. At least they update with blogs and videos fairly often (like once a month but hey, better than some).
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 22, 2017, 02:43:14 pm »

not yet. Also some "development hells" are just developers going at a pace they know they can sustain.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 22, 2017, 02:55:50 pm »

Normally development hell means something like important team members left, big chunks of work had to be changed or re-done, etc. I don't think that's necessarily going on here.

Anyway, I really like that they have a multiplayer mode which is based around fighting at the head of your NPC soldiers. That's what the whole single player game is about and I always felt it was missing from Warband multiplayer.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2018, 11:26:20 pm »

Going crazy waiting for Bannerlord.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 62