Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 105973 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #825 on: September 15, 2021, 11:04:24 am »

Verrrrrry interesting.

In my game, Battania took Lageta back from the Empire. Then it went Rebel and became a Battanian-Rebel controlled city. So we took it back over from the Rebels (but didn't wipe them out.) Then Vlandia made war on us, and they took Lageta from me, as described earlier.

THEN it went Vlandian rebel.

So now Lageta is a Vlandian rebel city, and I'm *not* able to make war on them. Battania can't declare war on Rebel factions since they're not a major faction. The Vlandian rebels are at war with Vlandia, but they're no where close to being able to take it back.

So Lageta is just sitting out there, owned by a faction I could easily wipe and reclaim it, that I can't make war on, and the faction that can make war of them won't.

Truly that city is cursed.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 15, 2021, 11:05:56 am »

The Free State of Lageta...

Thats AAR-worthy! Defect and make it the most prosperous city-state in the game!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 15, 2021, 12:04:48 pm »

Yeah I can't even start a war via dialog with the Vlandian Rebels.

"I'm here to deliver you my demands!"

"What? Are you mad we're not at war!"

"Ah yes, please forgive me."

Looks like Vlandia is going to retake it sometime here soon though.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 15, 2021, 12:21:34 pm »

Wow!  In my case it was taken by Battania (I think that's when Caradoc died, he died super early for me) and rebelled, but I was instrumental in crushing the rebellion and got awarded it.  Along with rushing to defend it from Vlandia, I did everything I could to bolster it's loyalty to prevent it from breaking away again.  I'm sure the large garrison helped there.

Funny thing is that the rebellion consisted of a clan lead by "Arenicos".  Yeah uh, according to the in-game text, THAT Arenicos.  As in the "former" emperor, according to the in-game guide, yet alive and fighting for Lagetan independence.

Another strange thing is that the rebellion is still going, and that Arenicos and his clanmates seem to lack the magic dungeon-escaping skill.  I had Arenicos himself in my dungeon for over a year, periodically declining ransom offers.  Yet the rebellion lives on, with his family hanging out somewhere in central Calradia.  I considered executing him, but eventually ransomed him instead.  I haven't seen him come back, presumably too poor to mount a meaningful siege against my maxed-out garrison.

Still, seems like the sort of call that could come back to bite me.  ...Naaah, I'm sure it's fine~
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 15, 2021, 02:19:08 pm »

God thats an amazing story
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 15, 2021, 02:44:03 pm »

Starting this up again, the performance has gone down a big hill for me. Oh well.

Strange--new computer? In comparison, performance has gotten considerably better for compared to 6 months ago (or whenever I last played).

Nope, same old same old. Lowered the specifics a little but according to the ingame measurer I should have ample of space. Still can't have ~90 troops in a battle without severe stutters, when I used to be able to max out my battle size (I'm on medium (400) so not super high either) with only minor slowdown.

One of my main issues is with the audio, though. For some reason it goes crazy with stuttering during some battles. I might have to try to take a better look at that actually but I've never been much of an audio knowing guy.

Wow!  In my case it was taken by Battania (I think that's when Caradoc died, he died super early for me) and rebelled, but I was instrumental in crushing the rebellion and got awarded it.  Along with rushing to defend it from Vlandia, I did everything I could to bolster it's loyalty to prevent it from breaking away again.  I'm sure the large garrison helped there.

Funny thing is that the rebellion consisted of a clan lead by "Arenicos".  Yeah uh, according to the in-game text, THAT Arenicos.  As in the "former" emperor, according to the in-game guide, yet alive and fighting for Lagetan independence.

Another strange thing is that the rebellion is still going, and that Arenicos and his clanmates seem to lack the magic dungeon-escaping skill.  I had Arenicos himself in my dungeon for over a year, periodically declining ransom offers.  Yet the rebellion lives on, with his family hanging out somewhere in central Calradia.  I considered executing him, but eventually ransomed him instead.  I haven't seen him come back, presumably too poor to mount a meaningful siege against my maxed-out garrison.

Still, seems like the sort of call that could come back to bite me.  ...Naaah, I'm sure it's fine~

All hail the Lich Emperor!

edit: nah, I give up, this isn't fun to play in. Maybe I'll try again with mods removed sometime, though I doubt that would really have that much of an impact.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 02:49:54 pm by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 15, 2021, 03:28:36 pm »

edit: nah, I give up, this isn't fun to play in. Maybe I'll try again with mods removed sometime, though I doubt that would really have that much of an impact.

What mods are you playing with? IIRC there's an issue with how the shader compiler works that does make things sluggish when it has to compile them for the first time
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 15, 2021, 04:46:15 pm »

Starting this up again, the performance has gone down a big hill for me. Oh well.

Strange--new computer? In comparison, performance has gotten considerably better for compared to 6 months ago (or whenever I last played).

Nope, same old same old. Lowered the specifics a little but according to the ingame measurer I should have ample of space. Still can't have ~90 troops in a battle without severe stutters, when I used to be able to max out my battle size (I'm on medium (400) so not super high either) with only minor slowdown.

One of my main issues is with the audio, though. For some reason it goes crazy with stuttering during some battles. I might have to try to take a better look at that actually but I've never been much of an audio knowing guy.

All hail the Lich Emperor!

Sounds like a sound issue.  Try disabling the sound on the game, and see if that helps.  There might be a mod out there that rips out the sounds.
I've at least heard of that sort of issue in other games in the past.  For what it's worth, I'd make a bug report for the devs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 17, 2021, 10:47:26 am »

Starting to think Loyalty may be one of the most important fief stats. They're all important, but man if you don't have loyalty pinned down, everything else sucks. You can't make any fief improvements with a loyalty of 25 or less. The construction time goes from like 80 days to 800 days due to the loyalty modifier on construction. Which, because half the fiefs a player can easily get are always in a different culture and you take huge hits to loyalty because of that, only after a lot of in-game time getting my loyalty to creep past 25 have I actually started to make money from my fiefs instead of just eating shit loads of cost on garrison upkeep.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 19, 2021, 08:23:56 am »

So I've been playing this game for since it EAed and I only now realised that when you are a mercenary for a kingdom hunting down bandits count as "enemy armies" that you get paid per defeating of. Suddenly being a low-level mercenary seems a lot more viable

edit: Also Go Battannia Go
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 08:26:08 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #835 on: September 19, 2021, 10:28:51 am »

Well, I just learned something, thanks!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 19, 2021, 10:40:55 am »

I certainly hope I'm not wrong now. I checked and my income went up after having beat looters at two separate times
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 19, 2021, 11:03:02 am »

When you're a mercenary you gain "influence" much like a vassal (AFAIK) except that instead of spending the influence on politics/armies, a portion of the influence is converted into cash money during daily upkeep.

So in effect yes, fighting bandits or enemies gets you paid (over time) and if you are out of influence, they don't pay you anything.  Pretty sure.

(Fighting bandits still gets you substantial influence as a vassal, it's often worthwhile even during wartime)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 20, 2021, 08:47:56 am »

I had to join Battannia as a vassal (I took a quest to siege a castle for 20 000 diners from Caladog and he said I had leave to summon an army but I couldn't (because mercs can't) which really seems like an oversight) and I got the sickle-sword too, as well as some noble troops I couldn't fit into my army. I was only clan level 2 or three, so maybe it's something all get, and maybe it's just been added since I played last or maybe Empire vassals don't get anything. Maybe I should check instead of hypothysing but who has got the time for that, I have castles to siege and IT'S ALMOST HARVESTING SEASON

edit: Gah, fuck you game. I saved when I found Caladog for my vassalswearing because there was an army near the castle that I was going to siege that seemed like it was going to siege it too so I thought "hey let's not join Battannia just yet and see if I can't finish the quest by taking advantage of that army" so I play on without joining and the army just runs by the castle. So I reload, swear loyalty, and start traveling to the castle calling upon the handful of lords I can with my petty influence (two of them) -- and of course this time the other army stops and sieges the goddamn castle

moreedit: I get quest to take castle, I vassal up, I make army, I siege castle, I take castle, I FAIL QUEST?!? Goddammit game
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 09:32:47 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 20, 2021, 10:52:40 am »

Fighting bandits is always worth it. They're worth cash you get from looting them, their gear is worth cash after you sell it, they're worth cash as prisoners and fighting a lot of them constantly helps keep your morale up between big, meaty battles of note. Once you've taken down 3 or 4 bandit groups that are at 40+ size, selling all that loot is easily 5k or 6k in cash.

Honestly, gear should depreciate in value the more of it there is just like trade goods. With selling gear from battle most other economy in the game is semi-irrelevant. Yeah you need cash flow to cover the spots between battle. But once you start fighting big battles against lords, you're looking at 10k - 14k per battle in just gear sales. Kinda nutty.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 62