Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 48378 times)

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2016, 10:12:10 pm »

Hom:

Ouchie.
When unreliable magic fails once, immediately use again! Check my magic reserves. If they're feeling ok, blast the elf with some magic -- doesn't have to be strongly damaging magic, pushing the elf off-balance and pelting it with weak but distracting lumps of magic is fine; but I'll accept more destructive stuff too. If I feel my magic reserves running low, do the same, but with a bit more desperation.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 31, 2016, 07:10:55 am »

thrust about sporadicaly a  bit before going east a bit
You poke your dagger into a tree and get it lodged there. You have to put a foot up on the tree in order to pry it out, and go tumbling over backward when you do. Yo uhed east, and end up in a bramble patch. You are now covered in burrs.

"Hmm. Last question, but you probably don't know the answer. I'll give you... five minutes, and if you can't give me a good answer in that time, I'll kill you. Who is paying these mercenaries?"

Right to the point, point the point at him.
"I don't know! I'm just a wagoneer!" the man shouts, covering his face with his hands.

Solam Kobemtosed

Chop at his other leg, move to the elf. Slash at his leg if I make it this turn.
you casually lop off his other leg, ignoring the machete in your arm. Satisfied at the grotesque amount of blood oozing out of him, you turn to look for the elf, but he is nowhere to be seen.

Hom:

Ouchie.
When unreliable magic fails once, immediately use again! Check my magic reserves. If they're feeling ok, blast the elf with some magic -- doesn't have to be strongly damaging magic, pushing the elf off-balance and pelting it with weak but distracting lumps of magic is fine; but I'll accept more destructive stuff too. If I feel my magic reserves running low, do the same, but with a bit more desperation.
Your magic seems a tad wobbly, but it doesn't matter, the elf is gone.

Retire to my tent. Take note of any potential "souvenirs".
You waddle off to the small scrap of blanket offered to you in the communal tent, clopping along holding one bowl under you with two arms while balancing the other on your head. You tuck them both carefully into the hay under your blanket scrap and look around. sadly, nothing of interest is within filching distance, unless you want to snag the loinclothe off a couple adolescent goblins.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 31, 2016, 08:49:11 am »

listen for any noises around me. head in said noises' directions, going towards them based on which one is the loudest
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 02:00:38 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 31, 2016, 01:53:20 pm »

Solam Kobemtosed

Solam stares into the woods, considering the repercussions of this event.
"... This can not end well."
Move to the orc again, offer his surrender. If it seem like he'll die soon and he does surrender, try to zombify him. If he's already dead, just chow down.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2016, 04:30:36 pm »

"Too bad."
Jack pokes the man in the throat with his decidedly not-real knife, to little effect.
"Hmph. Stop putting so much stock in your nightmares, it's not healthy. And be careful around those mercenary types.
Later!"

Become invisible and leave the room.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2016, 09:25:47 pm »

Hom:

What do you mean? She's gone, if she decides to bother us more we can bother her right back. It's all good.
Nibble some leaves, examine myself for damage, and look around at surroundings. Try to figure out how to return to other Omegas.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2016, 07:14:29 am »

listen for any noises around me. head in said noises' directions, going towards them based on which one is the loudest
You hear the faint sounds of laughter, and see little glowy lights moving in among the branches ahead. you move that way, but can never quite seem to find the light source, nor the source of the laughter, which occasionally comes from the side, or behind, but always rather close. after a couple hours of this, as the sun begins to rise, you realize that you are no longer in a state of ordinary lostness. You have somehow managed to stumble into advanced lostness.

Solam Kobemtosed

Solam stares into the woods, considering the repercussions of this event.
"... This can not end well."
Move to the orc again, offer his surrender. If it seem like he'll die soon and he does surrender, try to zombify him. If he's already dead, just chow down.
He refuses your surrender, but definitely looks like he's going to die soon. You try to zombify him anyway, but it doesn't take. Oh well, at least he's fresh.

"Too bad."
Jack pokes the man in the throat with his decidedly not-real knife, to little effect.
"Hmph. Stop putting so much stock in your nightmares, it's not healthy. And be careful around those mercenary types.
Later!"

Become invisible and leave the room.
Okiedokie. the guy just sobs into his blanket for a while.

Hom:

What do you mean? She's gone, if she decides to bother us more we can bother her right back. It's all good.
Nibble some leaves, examine myself for damage, and look around at surroundings. Try to figure out how to return to other Omegas.
Well, there's the blood flowing out of the arrow in your neck, and the wound on your foreleg. Those count as damage. As for getting back to the omegas, you think west might be a good direction, if you can find it.

Morning time.

Terrance joins the shamans for a casting ritual. the five shamans stand in a v formation, with the eldest at the point. they place Terrance inside the v, and each shaman in turn passes a stick with the dried husk of a fruit tied to it over his head, and terrance concentrates on the sensory aspects of his magic. The entourage makes it's way aropund the camp, chanting in rhythm, and stopping at various points. Terrance can feel that the Shaman's magic aims at the attention and mind rather than at the senses. Their aim seems to be to redirect one's thoughts elsewhere rather than to camouflage the camp. Terrance's skills in sensory manipulation add a layer to that, making those affected "see" something else -rocks, wild animals, nothing at all.A small knot of this casting gathers around Clunkers and Terrance as well, making them hard to locate directly against their will. Neato.

Cho Ja crawls out of a pot and hisses at some goblin children. I'll let you decide whether it was a friendly hiss or not.

Arileth is still out there, wandering like a boss. I think he's made some new friends

Mordred awakens and the knife gains the use of his senses.

Trusty Jack floats around a barn invisibly.

Zormod and ... ((oh jeez, I need to add some info to Moopli's character profile, like his character name)) ... the giant turtle turn their attention toward finding the rest of the team, or possibly toward pulling those arrows out of the turtle and the machete out of the zombie. Maybe.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2016, 07:29:18 am »

Mordred wakes up in cold sweat - he had bad dreams

Time to look alive. Head back to our starting site where we agreed to regroup. That should have me occupied for quite a while.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 03:20:13 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2016, 08:28:43 am »

((ack, you updates much sooner in the day than I expected. Sorry.))

Let the scouts lead me to the routes. Take in the surroundings.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2016, 10:08:57 am »

climb up a tree and get a basic ideal of my surroundings then work on foraging for food
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2016, 02:31:51 pm »

Head north, back to the place where we arrived, where we said we would regroup.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 02:33:37 pm by Egan_BW »
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2016, 08:56:04 pm »

Hom:

Eh, it'll heal, leave the arrow alone and avoid moving my neck too much. Head west, that's away from the sunrise. Maybe one of my more intelligent-seeming comrades could help with the arrow.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2016, 11:44:32 pm »

Solam Kobemtosed

Make sure I've got that bag of goblin brains, check orc for expensive armor, eat orc brains if I have not done so already. Follow the turtle.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 02, 2016, 05:33:00 am »

I'd like a status update on him--still bleeding?  Is the knife still in his gut?[/b]

((No, and no. Nie knife stopped the bleeding while we shambled to the mill last night, around the same time pulled out the knife from the wound to let it seal a little overnight.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37