Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 48366 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #210 on: April 09, 2016, 02:29:13 pm »

Clunkers walks up to mordred, whirring and grinding noises coming from inside of his chest, the purple light behind his eyeholes flaring up and becoming darker.

"Angered statement: That sounded an awful lot like an insult, organic. And perhaps you were not listening, the small organics thought they might have as much as 26 operatives. Try and spout your tactics all you want, this one very much doubt we could somehow defeat all of them if they came at the same time. This one said it had no better plan, not that it thinks charging into their maw is a viable tactic. Also remember that defeating them is not our main objective, the mission is a failure if they destroy the goblin village.

Angered query: What has happened to you, organic? Your speech patterns have changed, and suddenly you are full of ideas and willing to take the lead. Something seems wrong with you, have you been affected by their magics?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 09, 2016, 02:53:36 pm »

"Destroying each patol we come across until they have no choice but to leave would expose us to too much unnecessary danger. The weaker link in this case is who- or what- ever is paying them.
If I was in a position to learn the shape of their patrols, then I would also be able to determine their motivation, which would be the more valuable piece of information.

Mordred, I know the location of the Mercenaries fort, and you hold those gems which, as you said, would allow me to gain information from their commander's mind. We have no reason to wait, I recommend that we act tonight."
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 09, 2016, 02:58:43 pm »

Mordred meets Clunkers gaze unflinchingly, but his smirk changes into a softer smile "I meant no insult.  On the contrary, I actually do believe you are probably the most valuable Omega on this mission.  You are combat capable, farseeing capable, powerful, tough, and the only person capable of communicating with the goblins."  Mordred gestures towards Terrence, and chuckles a bit "Compare to Terrence, who's mostly only useful for farseeing, which is just one of your many functions.  He's valuable, but not integral to anything.  Or better, Arileth, who may have been useful, but has deserted us.  You can occupy any role effectively, and have put more effort towards planning than anyone else."

Mordred's face hardens somewhat "No, I don't mean to disrespect you.  You asked for suggestions on how to proceed, and I provided them.  You pointed out flaws in my plan, and I answered them.  I'm sorry if that was taken as an insult, but I stand by my belief that my plan is the best option we have available."

"And no, I have not been touched by enemy magic.  I just got annoyed with our group's indecision.  We need a plan, and as you said, if we don't have one we will die.  I don't want to die, so I decided to take the lead.  I normally work alone, but I have to rely on all of you for this mission, so that isn't an option."

Still watching Clunkers, Mordred carefully steps away from the golem, and towards Jack "You're right about their motivation being the most valuable information, and we will have to wait for our farseers to replenish their mana, anyway--I agree that we should embark immediately.  Hopefully their motivation will be something we have enough time to exploit--if they're paid by a noble in some faraway city, we likely won't be able to do much about that."

Clunkers just got aggressive, and stepped up into Mordred's face.  He then started talking (see above post) for a bit, and the knife responded with the above spiel.  As soon as Clunkers stepped up, the knife would have started to buff Mordred's telekinesis, and if Clunkers does anything aggressive, the knife would force Mordred to use the enhanced telekinesis to launch Clunkers away.  Irrelevant now, as Clunkers was placated.  I guess the knife might've lost some mana.

Also, a Question: Can the Nice Knife cast "through" Mordred?  I.E, having Mordred place his hands on someone else, with the knife sheathed at his side, and then the knife casting buffs/whatever on the person Mordred is touching?  I've been assuming the knife can only affect people who have direct contact, but this would be really useful, so I'm asking.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 09, 2016, 03:06:39 pm »

The whirring subsides somewhat

"Statement: Hmpf. Very well. If you know where you need to go for your plan, I'll be right behind you."

With that, clunkers goes back to tending to the zombie's arm.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 10, 2016, 10:47:10 am »

Terrance glowers at Mordred.

YOU ARE RIGHT, ONE OF MY ABILITIES HAPPENS TO BE FARSEEING.

Create a localized itching in Mordred's left leg. Slowly elevate it to a disturbing crawling sensation. After a moment or so, replace that with a quick, staggering burst of pain concentrated behind his left knee.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 11:06:46 am by DoctorMcTaalik »

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 10, 2016, 12:04:22 pm »

Hom:

Everyone should just chill out a bit, we're on the same side here.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 10, 2016, 03:29:32 pm »

Solam
Mordred then turns towards the zombie, and raises an eyebrow "Why would they need to be alive?  Is your bite infectious?  Capturing one is risky, because every man we allow to escape is more information for our foe, but it would be worth it if we would gain an ally."
"Yes, it is. The effect doesn't always occur, and it takes a day for the change to complete."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 11, 2016, 07:18:58 am »

Think Arileth, think! We're lost, being surrounded by giggling things. I thinks wez north easts of our friendssssss. Wez have to go souths and westssss Try to find which direction is south and west and wander that way , stopping after 3 hours to make a fire and shelter.
You get your bearings, remembering that you moved northwest from the start, and so head southeast. You find yourself on a ridge overlooking the valley. The giggling fades, but you still catch glimpses of the lights in the near distance, and are occasionally tripped up by an unexpected root, or caught on a thorn you thought you had avoided, or slipping on a seemingly solid rock. You make enough progress to get out of the woods to the ridge, but it's an exhausting three hours. Nonetheless, you gather a few sticks and some dry brush for a small fire. Just as you bend to start striking flint to stone, you freeze, the points of several spears very visible in front of your face. You slowly look up to the small, masked, green skinned creatures pointing their weapons at you.

Roll to notice the arrogant bastard in the knife.
you successfully notice the enchantment on the dagger, and the intellect inhabiting it. It feels ... useful to you. Some fun could be had with this one.

"Statement: Solam, let me help you with that arm. this one is the closest thing to a doctor here."

Clunkers whirrs and buzzes for a moment

"Concerned Query: Mordred, are your systems nominal? Where did you get that weapon? This one does not recall you having it before."

"Angered Query: And where are our other teammembers?
Angry statement: This one recalls us starting out with more operatives than this. This one feels that other Omega's just fucking off to wherever they please will become a serious threat to this mission."

Try to get solam's damaged arm back in working order, unless he doesn't want me to. after that, relax my farseeing circuits so I can hopefully use calculations again soon. If mordred/others move out, make sure to go with.
You stare at the lifeless flesh for a time, occasionally poking and prodding, asking "does it hurt when I do this? how about when I do this?" The answer is always 'no', even when you poke where the damage isn't. Figures. Zombies. Stumped, you eventually settle for crudely stitching the flesh together so it doesn't fall off his shoulder.

That done, you run some relaxing scenarios in your calculations center, and run a couple cleanup demons through the farseeing processes to get the gunk out, as it were. they do the;r job and skitter off to where they belong, gurgling happily as they gobble the crud up. You make a few diagnostic test farcasts, and are reasonably confident that you are back in working condition.

Mordred meets Clunkers gaze unflinchingly, but his smirk changes into a softer smile "I meant no insult.  On the contrary, I actually do believe you are probably the most valuable Omega on this mission.  You are combat capable, farseeing capable, powerful, tough, and the only person capable of communicating with the goblins."  Mordred gestures towards Terrence, and chuckles a bit "Compare to Terrence, who's mostly only useful for farseeing, which is just one of your many functions.  He's valuable, but not integral to anything.  Or better, Arileth, who may have been useful, but has deserted us.  You can occupy any role effectively, and have put more effort towards planning than anyone else."

Mordred's face hardens somewhat "No, I don't mean to disrespect you.  You asked for suggestions on how to proceed, and I provided them.  You pointed out flaws in my plan, and I answered them.  I'm sorry if that was taken as an insult, but I stand by my belief that my plan is the best option we have available."

"And no, I have not been touched by enemy magic.  I just got annoyed with our group's indecision.  We need a plan, and as you said, if we don't have one we will die.  I don't want to die, so I decided to take the lead.  I normally work alone, but I have to rely on all of you for this mission, so that isn't an option."

Still watching Clunkers, Mordred carefully steps away from the golem, and towards Jack "You're right about their motivation being the most valuable information, and we will have to wait for our farseers to replenish their mana, anyway--I agree that we should embark immediately.  Hopefully their motivation will be something we have enough time to exploit--if they're paid by a noble in some faraway city, we likely won't be able to do much about that."

Clunkers just got aggressive, and stepped up into Mordred's face.  He then started talking (see above post) for a bit, and the knife responded with the above spiel.  As soon as Clunkers stepped up, the knife would have started to buff Mordred's telekinesis, and if Clunkers does anything aggressive, the knife would force Mordred to use the enhanced telekinesis to launch Clunkers away.  Irrelevant now, as Clunkers was placated.  I guess the knife might've lost some mana.

Also, a Question: Can the Nice Knife cast "through" Mordred?  I.E, having Mordred place his hands on someone else, with the knife sheathed at his side, and then the knife casting buffs/whatever on the person Mordred is touching?  I've been assuming the knife can only affect people who have direct contact, but this would be really useful, so I'm asking.

I have no idea what's going on. Why did the knife lose mana? Also, yes, the knife can cast buffs through it's weilder via direct contact and both knife and wielder concentrating. the buff will be influenced by the wielder as well as by the knife.

Terrance glowers at Mordred.

YOU ARE RIGHT, ONE OF MY ABILITIES HAPPENS TO BE FARSEEING.

Create a localized itching in Mordred's left leg. Slowly elevate it to a disturbing crawling sensation. After a moment or so, replace that with a quick, staggering burst of pain concentrated behind his left knee.
Mordred seems ... out to lunch. Weird. you create a sensaton, but it seems to have little effect.

Hom:

Everyone should just chill out a bit, we're on the same side here.
You feel a tad more calm, but your aura seems to be being rebuffed by the auras of the people around you. Guess the tension will remain. Ah well, not your problem, eh? It's not like you have an arrow stuck in your neck, after all. Those days are long behind you. it was practically almost yesterday when that happened.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 11, 2016, 07:22:42 am »

OHHHH Haaiiiiii there! I beleive you were that goblin tribe I was sent to protect...So, uh seen a big clockwork man and some other stuff?
Creep back slowly and raise my hands
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 11, 2016, 08:16:43 am »

"Are you ready to go, 'Mordred'?"

Jack does not actually make airquotes with his fingers, that would be dreadfully unsubtle.

Me and Mordred (and his intriguing knoife) will be departing on a short jaunt to the mercenary camp for some delightful skullduggery.

Some both intriguing and delightful skullduggery may happen while we're alone in the woods, as well. :D

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 11, 2016, 04:51:25 pm »

Mordred nods at Jack, stating that he is ready, then he boldly walks out of the clearing, leading Jack.  He sets a strong pace, only occasionally looking behind him, but after ten minutes he suddenly whirls around to face Jack.  Mordred's normally stern face shifts to a wide-eyed, almost manic grin, and he falls to one knee, right fist clenched over his heart--and left fist clenched over his new dagger.

'Mordred' speaks, his voice giddy and overjoyed "Such luck!  To find a suitable host, and then to find a Master so soon after!  I expected to have to search for months, years, before I could find a Master!  I pledge myself to you, to your grand machinations."

The being in control of Mordred's body bows his head, and draws the jeweled knife from his hip.  He raises it above his head, offering it to Jack, though he maintains a strong grip on the knife.  What jewels are visible on the handle glitter far too brightly.  "I am housed within this artifact, an ancient demonic tool made to disrupt this world.  But I am only a tool, and have great difficulty effecting chaos alone.  Please, Master, accept me into your plans!"

'Mordred's head raises to look at Jack again, his eyes pleading.  He waits for a response.

Oh, uh, head to the base with Jack.  And do some RP stuff along the way.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 11, 2016, 09:57:59 pm »

"Huh. To be honest, I did not expect you to just go out and say it."
Jack glances at the offered knife, and takes a step back.
"As for accepting you into my plans, I already have. We will journey to the Mercenary's camp, and use those gems to gain intel on their employer.
Any schemes to disrupt the world at large, I'm not interested in. I'm just here to stay alive, and have some fun along the way."

"...Plus, I don't trust you, especially if you are what you say you are. You'll probably try to trap me in that knife so you can get free or something."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 12, 2016, 07:49:15 am »

OHHHH Haaiiiiii there! I beleive you were that goblin tribe I was sent to protect...So, uh seen a big clockwork man and some other stuff?
Creep back slowly and raise my hands
The goblins look at you through their masks and tilt their heads. one turns his mask toward another makes some goblin noises, gestures at your Omega mark, and turns his mask back toward you. A short conversation follows, while the goblins each pull their spears away from you and aim them a respectable direction, while keeping them ready to deploy at a moment's notice. One draws what you recognize to be a crude map of the ridge in the dirt, and points at a couple locations and gestures in a direction for each location. He then makes a mark below the ridge and draws a line from where you are, to that spot. He then gestures south and west.

"Are you ready to go, 'Mordred'?"

Jack does not actually make airquotes with his fingers, that would be dreadfully unsubtle.

Me and Mordred (and his intriguing knoife) will be departing on a short jaunt to the mercenary camp for some delightful skullduggery.

Some both intriguing and delightful skullduggery may happen while we're alone in the woods, as well. :D

Mordred nods at Jack, stating that he is ready, then he boldly walks out of the clearing, leading Jack.  He sets a strong pace, only occasionally looking behind him, but after ten minutes he suddenly whirls around to face Jack.  Mordred's normally stern face shifts to a wide-eyed, almost manic grin, and he falls to one knee, right fist clenched over his heart--and left fist clenched over his new dagger.

'Mordred' speaks, his voice giddy and overjoyed "Such luck!  To find a suitable host, and then to find a Master so soon after!  I expected to have to search for months, years, before I could find a Master!  I pledge myself to you, to your grand machinations."

The being in control of Mordred's body bows his head, and draws the jeweled knife from his hip.  He raises it above his head, offering it to Jack, though he maintains a strong grip on the knife.  What jewels are visible on the handle glitter far too brightly.  "I am housed within this artifact, an ancient demonic tool made to disrupt this world.  But I am only a tool, and have great difficulty effecting chaos alone.  Please, Master, accept me into your plans!"

'Mordred's head raises to look at Jack again, his eyes pleading.  He waits for a response.

Oh, uh, head to the base with Jack.  And do some RP stuff along the way.
Okay ,so the two/three of you are heading merc-ward. it'll take a couple hours to get there,

so everyone who isn't going to the merc camp should go ahead an post an action to resolve in the meanwhile, even if that action is "chill out at the rendezvous point." ((really? there's a 'z' in 'rendezvous'?))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 12, 2016, 07:53:59 am »

Head to that direction.
Uhhhh thanks.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 12, 2016, 12:31:12 pm »

((I can't remember. Was I supposed to go with to the merc camp or just use farseeing to try and calculate which route of attack the mercs were going to take?))
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37