Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 48362 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #375 on: May 19, 2016, 03:51:24 pm »

"Statement: The ones you came here with are dead now. This one cannot allow you to return to your mercenary friends yet, for we were send to stop them from slaughtering the goblins.
Request: Please speak slightly slower, it is hard to parse your sentence structure.
Query: Who told you they were parisites? The goblins are mostly peaceful and want nothing more than to be left alone with their herds. They do not even attack caravans, insofar as this one knows.
Additional query: Do you think the mercenary leader could be convinced to give up this campaign and leave in peace?
Suggestion: If you seek a place of employment, adventure and/or companionship, the Omega legion is always looking for capable people. I am certain my employers could find a place where you can operate to your fullest abilities and go on exciting missions."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 19, 2016, 05:35:55 pm »

Well enough fun? Take what ever the ex Blue man group member has, not like he's going to need it anymore, and head off in the direction the mercs came from..stick to the woods, try to focus on becoming harder to see.
Solam Kobemtosed
Do by best to screw Arileth over if he reaches for my gear. Maybe try to spread the pain to him?
HMMMM.... PERHAPS I COULD TRY SOME OF THESE CHEMICALS ON THE- HEY! GET BACK HERE!

Stop Arileth quite literally in his tracks, with a quick bolt of pain to his legs. Ponder our options for healing Solam.
Oh ho. teamlooting and internecine warfare, at last!

So, Arileth begins frisking Solam, taking his weapon, which is abotu all he had on him of worth, and Terrance casts pain at him, but arileth shrugs it off, only to touch theblue crud with an errant movement and get infected, as it were. The blue begins crawling up Arileth's arm, and it hurts. A lot. Like, distractingly a lot.

as for terrance, inspiration strikes. "We could transfer all the pain to Arileth! or ... I mean, since this stuff is making you mobile, we could try to link it to you somehow, make it controllale.  Ithink Perhaps Clunkers could best do that, though, I think I see how. Just a matter of reversing the sensory nature of the amagic and making it a motor function instead, changing hte direction of control to flow from you to it, rahter than from it to you. yes, it could work. Stop crying Arileth, you big baby. It can't hurt that bad.

"Statement: The ones you came here with are dead now. This one cannot allow you to return to your mercenary friends yet, for we were send to stop them from slaughtering the goblins.
Request: Please speak slightly slower, it is hard to parse your sentence structure.
Query: Who told you they were parisites? The goblins are mostly peaceful and want nothing more than to be left alone with their herds. They do not even attack caravans, insofar as this one knows.
Additional query: Do you think the mercenary leader could be convinced to give up this campaign and leave in peace?
Suggestion: If you seek a place of employment, adventure and/or companionship, the Omega legion is always looking for capable people. I am certain my employers could find a place where you can operate to your fullest abilities and go on exciting missions."

The vinecreature seems to withdraw morosely into itself, answering none of these things. the little action figure stares at you with a hard frown on it's tiny little face.

...Huh, thought I posted.  Well, the knife tries to regain control over the sentry while Mordred holds him down, with his force magic.  If the sentry is very well bound and stands little chance of escaping, Mordred will instead continue dragging him away from the merc camp.
you get the sentry back under control, and tied down. it's not perfect, but he is transportable now. He is also more malleable, but still pretty hostile.

cho ja

run faster, if mercs get too close use innate magic to create a short burst of noxious and/or toxic gas to distract and immobilise them.

you run for a gap in the enclosing ring, aiming to reach the edge of the camp before your puruers have time to understand what happened. As you near the edge, you sense several of your pursuers targeting you and you channel your inner bombadier beetle, spraying noxious chemicals in every direction. the nearest opponents drop in their tracks and something whizzes by your ear. something else explodes overhead, but you scamper up the dirt mound and over. You aren't out of danger yet - a lot of attention is aimed your way.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 19, 2016, 05:43:08 pm »

"Query: What is the matter, creature of vines?
Statement: This one offers you new purpose and a new home, if only you would answer this one's questions."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 19, 2016, 07:33:25 pm »

Oh gaghhhh! GET IT OFF! PLEase.. Sorry okay, sorry,
Get it off!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 02:53:19 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 19, 2016, 07:44:45 pm »

Knife continues trying to control the sentry while Mordred drags him back toward camp.  To support itself, the knife debuffs the sentry's will.  I forgot that it could do that.

Also, since I presumably won't be controlling Mordred once we're back, the knife would have informed him of its current plan:  It'll say that it is Jack, and has possessed the human.  Of course, doing so sacrificed Jack's other powers, and mostly anchored him to the sentry.

...At some point the knife will have to be hidden under the sentry's clothes, but that can be done once he's more under control.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 19, 2016, 11:47:57 pm »

Cho Ja

Keep running, if it appears the mercs are catching up use sorcery to buff my speed and endurance.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 20, 2016, 02:14:15 pm »

Solam Kobemtosed
Try to thrash around slightly less randomly.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 21, 2016, 02:23:50 pm »

"Query: What is the matter, creature of vines?
Statement: This one offers you new purpose and a new home, if only you would answer this one's questions."

The thing is silent for a moment, then the litle mannequin speaks again. "those around me are dead by your hands. Is it not natural, oh unnatural one, to resist one's assailants?"

Oh gaghhhh! GET IT OFF! PLEase.. Sorry okay, sorry,
Get it off!
You run around, screaming, and wiping the blue stuff on the grass, which wilts. it eases the pain a bit, and you fall into a patch of thick grass and begin rolling, rubbing your arm and other spots where blue flecks have gotten, moaning. The pain slowly settles to less of a pure agony and more of a piercing, throbbing pain. On a scale of "being assaulted by a dozen purring kittens" to "currently being kicked in the orbs of sensitivity" the pain now falls to about :having been kicked there about fifteen minutes ago.

Solam Kobemtosed
Try to thrash around slightly less randomly.
Man, what's a fella gotta do to get a little help around here? You thrash less randomly, contemplating raising the dead to act as your hands and feet, in order to kick your companions in whatever they use as asses.

Knife continues trying to control the sentry while Mordred drags him back toward camp.  To support itself, the knife debuffs the sentry's will.  I forgot that it could do that.

Also, since I presumably won't be controlling Mordred once we're back, the knife would have informed him of its current plan:  It'll say that it is Jack, and has possessed the human.  Of course, doing so sacrificed Jack's other powers, and mostly anchored him to the sentry.

...At some point the knife will have to be hidden under the sentry's clothes, but that can be done once he's more under control.
You get the guy under control and move him along. The knife gets a very jerky, unsteady control of the guy's limbs, but it must concentrate every step of the way, as this guy has a pretty strong will and doesn't want to go. Mordred keeps him pointed in the right direction though.

There is a big commotion back at the fort though, and it sounds like it is headed this way. This could be trouble, because there is no way you are in enough control to outpace whatever is coming.

Cho Ja

Keep running, if it appears the mercs are catching up use sorcery to buff my speed and endurance.

Something slams into you from behind sending you rolling. They are definitely gaining. You catch a glimpse of your erstwhile companion ahead, along with one of the sentries looking stiff and glassy eyed. looking pretty grim.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 21, 2016, 02:34:39 pm »

"Statement: Surely you jest. First of all, only the big one is dead by my hands. This one stopped his heart, quite a soft death in the world we live in. Secondly, do not forget it was you and them who attacked the goblins. We merely protected them. We are not the agressors here. But all that is bygones.

Query: Are you truly going to pass up this chance of a better tomorrow because of what happened in the past, recent though it may be?"

Clunkers briefly turns around to shout at the zombie

"Statement: This one will help you regain control over your body as soon as this one is done with our friend over here"

He turns back to the vine beast

"Statement: This one truly wishes for you to join our cause and aid in doing good. This one does not know why the mercenaries are slaughtering the goblins. Perhaps they are evil, perhaps they are just in it for the money, perhaps they are simply misguided. This one only knows it will not allow them to do so unnoposed. This one wants nothing more than for everyone to simply go home, but this one will not let the goblins be slaughtered like vermin."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 21, 2016, 04:55:30 pm »

Get up and go wander off down the road from hence the mercs came, hope the pain turns to numbness soon
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 22, 2016, 12:07:14 am »

Cho Ja

roll to my feet and "naturally" alter course away from my companion. keep running.

Buff my speed and endurance and weave between trees and bushes to prevent the mercs from hitting me from range.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 22, 2016, 12:18:44 am »

Retrieve Zormod's stuff. If Spaz still has it, stop him and take it back.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 22, 2016, 12:03:24 pm »

Solam Kobemtosed
Try to control my spasms now. Can I actually gain enough control to cast?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 23, 2016, 06:26:54 pm »

"Statement: Surely you jest. First of all, only the big one is dead by my hands. This one stopped his heart, quite a soft death in the world we live in. Secondly, do not forget it was you and them who attacked the goblins. We merely protected them. We are not the agressors here. But all that is bygones.

Query: Are you truly going to pass up this chance of a better tomorrow because of what happened in the past, recent though it may be?"

Clunkers briefly turns around to shout at the zombie

"Statement: This one will help you regain control over your body as soon as this one is done with our friend over here"

He turns back to the vine beast

"Statement: This one truly wishes for you to join our cause and aid in doing good. This one does not know why the mercenaries are slaughtering the goblins. Perhaps they are evil, perhaps they are just in it for the money, perhaps they are simply misguided. This one only knows it will not allow them to do so unnoposed. This one wants nothing more than for everyone to simply go home, but this one will not let the goblins be slaughtered like vermin."
((I have to reward good RP.))
"Though we never attacked you, and your companion struck first, your words are not unreasonable. We have been thoroughly defeatede by your band anyway, and I am your captive. I will submit, though I cannot attack my former companions. Otherwise, I will go as you direct me."

Get up and go wander off down the road from hence the mercs came, hope the pain turns to numbness soon
truly the most dedicated team member. But, there is no road - they came up the hill from teh south, and you know they came from the fort, which is to the west. So, yo uwander south along their back route/ the pain does not go away, but it does not spread either.

Retrieve Zormod's stuff. If Spaz still has it, stop him and take it back.
Arileth dropped it when he began twitching in agony, and you return it to the twitching zombie. Perhaps you could aid him in regaining control over his body?

Solam Kobemtosed
Try to control my spasms now. Can I actually gain enough control to cast?
Control to cast? you have necromancy, right? specifically zombie necromancy, which requires more of a direct transference of essence (through bite, scratch, being eaten, that kind of thing, rather than gestures and words. you have control over your head, though the blue stuff causes even that to twitch. What you need is for someone to either remove the stuff entirely - which will leave your body helpless, or to shape and bind the stuff to your will, which will allow you to bypass the damage and move your dead limbs. if you want to make the other corpses into zombies under your thrall, you are gonna need some assistance. Clunkers did say he would try when he was free. hom seems ot be napping, and Terance is being helpful, but not exactly addressing the central issue. Arileth is sufering hius usual bout of wanderlust.

Cho Ja

roll to my feet and "naturally" alter course away from my companion. keep running.

Buff my speed and endurance and weave between trees and bushes to prevent the mercs from hitting me from range.

(1)ah dear. You roll into the bushes at your companion's feet. You hear: "There's another one!" You buff your endurance and speed and go into bullet time, leaping to your feet and dashing off again. Something heavy hits you from behind, bouncing off your shoulder and knocking you off balance, but you do a full midair flip and land running, barely noticing the disturbance.

Continue debuffing the sentry's will.  Start moving perpendicular to our current path, and the path of the mysterious commotion.
Mordred and the sentry have been spotted. The two run, the sentry resisting, but, for the round, remaining under control. you hear the sound of pursuit.

((Mordred has skills in telekinesis, lightning, and swords.))
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 06:37:40 pm by Ozarck »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37