Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 141260 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #585 on: July 16, 2016, 09:42:49 am »

Note im rping in this as myself, just a note.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 16, 2016, 01:15:40 pm »

((So, here's the thing. IC, you go for that rage all you want. IC, my character probably won't care since you signed up for the same thing he did and should have known the risks. OOC, you keep that shit to yourself. It's a game, and I refuse to serve as an outlet for your anger just because you didn't get the rolls you wanted. We will have a problem if you cross that line and insult me personally.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 16, 2016, 01:22:05 pm »

@Beirus: Well said. Plus, he can't have IC rage anyway, since said character is not only dead, but disintegrated. Now that you've seen the turn, I'll type up the Epilogue turn(s) soon.

@PirateJoe: I hope you don't hate me for this, but yeah, OOC rage is a no no, no matter the catalyst. This is meant to be fun...I think, and people being mad at another player because some virtual dice didn't say they could live isn't good. It just isn't.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 05:25:21 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 16, 2016, 02:30:51 pm »

Chapter One: The Beginning
Match One: Deathmatch
1st Finale: Part One
A Cargo Boat Near Japan
Late Morning, Clear Skies, Date: 7/19/2016

Beirus holds his head in his hands, the weight of the entire conflict, as well as his actions in regards to Africa bearing down on him. He is, however, not crying. He barely feels anything other than regret, not somber regret, but simply regret...

*Music!*

Suddenly, he hears helicopter rotors. As he looks up, he sees a helicopter pass overhead before landing at a dock in front of the boat. The Boat docks, and Beirus walks off, his armor weighing as much as his sins as his steps grow ever heavier. He walks out to see two people next to the Helicopter, one of whom is still in the Chopper. The one outside of the Helicopter is wearing a black hoodie over a black long sleeved shirt, with dark pants and what looks like boots. The only parts of skin visible is his face and his hands. He has dark blue eyes, and his palms are marked by purple runes. His skin is pale, bone white almost, though he does have an average build. Beirus guesses he's 6 foot even, and can vaguely see black hair. The man inside of the Helicopter is slightly taller, Beirus guessing he's 6"2', and is much slimmer, almost skinny. While his skin is darker than the first man's, he is still pale. He has shoulder length brown hair, and he has hazel eyes. He is wearing a suit with a red tie, and he has a pocket in the suit containing a bloody white rag. He has a very concerning grin on his face, which is not the smile of a sane man. "Oh! 'Sup. It's me, Jess Warner. I, you know, sort of put this together.", says the man in the helicopter, identifying himself. Beirus guesses that the second man is Jaws, or Logan Sawyer, in that case. "Hello. Nice to know you're cordial.", Beirus responds. Jess then says, "Yeah, I'm usually a lot more violent...and murderous...", to which Jaws responds with, "And cannibalistic.", to which Jess responds with, "I'm actually trying to work past that. Regardless, you've won! Or rather, survived. In this case, Jaws'll do the thing.". At this point, Jaws then steps forward, and the world seems to freeze around them, before darkness takes over the surrounding area. Jess then activates the runes on his palms, casting a spell that brings 4 floating orbs in front of them. Jaws then says to Beirus, "Alright. Since you won, and we've changed things, you have four options. You can either use a wish to affect the next match, so you can call a lightning storm on someone, or affect the next kind of contest, so if you want them to fight a "Boss", you can, or you can say that all Articles for next contest be from a specific wiki. Second is that you can say what the next location is, so if you want them to fight on Alcatraz or the Forest Moon of Endor, you can. Third is being able to carry over one or two articles for your next contest, which will only happen if you want to fight again. Fourth is being able to "fudge" our random Articles to get a near specific result. If you must know, I'm the better of us two, so just be thankful Ja-er, Jess doesn't have my powers. Also, if you do want to wish something up, it doesn't have to be for the match, it can just affect the world. So, which will it be?". Beirus looks down to the ground, the darkness around them making the ground at the dock look "off", as he thinks of what he will do now that he's the victor...
-----------
Why did I link to Omen in the Sky? Consider it our antagonists' theme, and therefore, this game's theme. ...Yes, I gave Jess, Logan, and even Veronica (and possibly the Operator, though he hasn't done much...yet.) a theme song. The Boss Battles will have themes too, so...yeah.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 02:56:41 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 16, 2016, 05:36:20 pm »

@PirateJoe: I hope you don't hate me for this, but yeah, OOC rage is a no no, no matter the catalyst. This is meant to be fun...I think, and people being mad at another player because some virtual dice didn't say they could live isn't good. It just isn't.
((So, here's the thing. IC, you go for that rage all you want. IC, my character probably won't care since you signed up for the same thing he did and should have known the risks. OOC, you keep that shit to yourself. It's a game, and I refuse to serve as an outlet for your anger just because you didn't get the rolls you wanted. We will have a problem if you cross that line and insult me personally.))
You know, its nice to know what you think of me berius, you don't know me at all do you? Honestly, the fact that you think im going to call you name and/or be abuseive is some other way just Makes me hate myself even more. makes me kinda sad...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 16, 2016, 05:41:46 pm »

@PirateJoe: Oh my God. I am so sorry, man. I didn't know you meant it that way. I hope you can forgive us, because if you were joking, we screwed up, and if you weren't, then I still feel bad. I am so, so sorry.

On a lighter note, possibly to hope for no ill will, I have said sorry 48, now 49 times. I went and counted. Wow.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 05:47:32 pm by Greatness942 »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 16, 2016, 06:33:47 pm »

@PirateJoe: Oh my God. I am so sorry, man. I didn't know you meant it that way. I hope you can forgive us, because if you were joking, we screwed up, and if you weren't, then I still feel bad. I am so, so sorry.

On a lighter note, possibly to hope for no ill will, I have said sorry 48, now 49 times. I went and counted. Wow.
Its fine...

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 16, 2016, 07:26:29 pm »

((@PirateJoe: You're right, I don't really know you at all. I tend to take statements at face value from people I don't interact with often, and "rage of a thousand suns" sounded to me like the prelude to an inflammatory rant. If we continue playing this game, then I hopefully will get to know you well enough to confirm that you aren't the kind of person that would throw around insults. That said, I do apologize if my previous comment offended you or unnecessarily hurt your feelings.))

((Also, I'll make an action in a few hours when I'm out of work.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 16, 2016, 07:27:36 pm »

Me too. As a GM, one acts as referee. So, with that analogy, I called it wrong. I apologize as well, I didn"t mean to offend you, or hurt you in any way.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 07:59:53 pm by Greatness942 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 16, 2016, 11:22:42 pm »

((I'm gonna have to think this over. I'm torn between a wish for all souls on this planet not directly competing in the Wiki Wars (like the souls of all the people I transmuted) to be sent somewhere safe to live out an eternity free of being caught in the crossfire of the Wars, or taking the fourth option and choosing something from a very special Wiki. Or choosing the category for the next round and making it Pokemon.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 16, 2016, 11:32:01 pm »

@Beirus: What exactly do you mean by category? Do you mean a wish for all articles to be Pokemon? Just making sure, though if you don't choose that, it may be moot.

Also, I'm perfectly fine with the wish for everyone not affiliated with the Wiki War to be sent somewhere. Really, I am. But, because my mind is weird, it got me thinking. If you look back to the Flash Forward on the OP, I (well, Jess, but this is OOC) implied they were pulling people out of the normal population. With that probability, anyone could be involved. And if anyone could be involved, then does that mean they are involved, via technicality? So, would the wish work, or do nothing?

...disregard, my mind is weird. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 16, 2016, 11:40:46 pm »

((All articles would come from Bulb a Pedia was what I was getting at.))

((Also, since this apocalypse is pre-determined, you could say that the people who would be pulled from the population have been, are, and will be involved already, which would mean they are separate from the category of people (everyone else) covered by the wish.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 16, 2016, 11:46:28 pm »

So, essentially, all waitlisters will stay on Earth? Nifty...no one says that anymore.

I'm still totally fine with whichever wish you pick. When you GM, you have no real bias. Well, you do, but this is isn't one of the times where you can be biased.

Also, Bulbapedia is what I was thinking, just wanted to clear that up.

Also, while it is predetermined, it is a flash forward. Then again, given who our antagonists are at the moment, you could say what you said about them already being involved, so once again, disregard.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 11:48:49 pm by Greatness942 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 16, 2016, 11:54:29 pm »

((The other two wishes I was thinking of were: to become Exodus, or to have the collection of souls that is the Operator become my own personal Philosopher's Stone. Still, both of those require knowledge I don't have IC. I'll think my other options over for a bit, and then I'll let you know which one I choose. Oh wait, what if I wish to have the 3 wishes that can be granted by the Namekian version of Shenron whose name I can't remember. Then I could have three more rule free wishes. Especially since I doubt you'd just let me wish for Jess to give me more wishes.))

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 17, 2016, 12:09:58 am »

((@PirateJoe: You're right, I don't really know you at all. I tend to take statements at face value from people I don't interact with often, and "rage of a thousand suns" sounded to me like the prelude to an inflammatory rant. If we continue playing this game, then I hopefully will get to know you well enough to confirm that you aren't the kind of person that would throw around insults. That said, I do apologize if my previous comment offended you or unnecessarily hurt your feelings.))

((Also, I'll make an action in a few hours when I'm out of work.))
((Felt like mentioning this but i do rage at people in ooc, but the only time i do is if its due to them cheating or doing something ooc in ic. The only time i ever insult someone online really is if they are a complete moron or a troll. Regardless, if you don't revive/free everyone you put into that philosopher's stone, expect me to use that against you should they find out about the whole 500 M+ kills.))
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 106