Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 141240 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #675 on: July 31, 2016, 03:07:40 am »

I have a operator in my game on discord too! they are actually [REDACTED]
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 31, 2016, 12:19:33 pm »

I have a operator in my game on discord too! they are actually [REDACTED]

...Huh. Small world, eh?

I should keep, like, a list of Operators, now. Something like that.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 07:52:22 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 01, 2016, 01:44:37 am »

New turn's coming soon! Last call before Round Three!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 02, 2016, 06:08:55 pm »

Chapter Two: The Battle of Hoth
Match Three: Elimination
Round 3: Snow Skirmish
Echo Base, Hoth VI, Hoth System
Noon, Cloudy, 42 Months ABY (On Earth, 7/19/2016)

Boss Theme!

As the snow crunches and blaster fire litters the sky, the 10 Wiki-Warriors take cover with their respective weapons and items. NRDL, courageous as ever, rises up with his Sten in his hands, before aiming down his sights. He begins firing, intending to suppress the Snowtroopers, and keep them down to help his team and himself. [1+2 v 6] The recoil prevent this, however, as his fire makes 5 rounds hit the ground before he lets go of the trigger. Unscathed, and slightly confused, the Snowtroopers take aim at the Wiki-Warriors, the sound of Plasma forcing NRDL back into cover as he checks his ammo.

Behind the cover of the snowbank, Person turns over several ideas in his head before thinking on his Moth power. As he looks around the white snow, he thinks on a Moth species he found out about on a random search from Wikipedia, which is white as well. He tries to channel the Moth, and succeeds quite easily, as it is a normal species of Moth. He quickly changes back, just to see if he keeps his equipment. [5] While he keeps his outfit, his Mic and Shotguns fall onto the ground just before his transforms, and when he changes back, he looks down to see his guns on the ground. He picks his guns back up before crouching back into cover.

Looking out at the hill, PirateJoe looks at his equipment before setting his sights on his Pipebomb. Checking the fuse of the Pipebomb's fuse, he then lights it, before looking up. Four Snowtroopers at the back, the Sniper's out of range...he has it. [1] Despite this, he didn't check how long the fuse really would be with the snow. Despite the fact that the cold could undo the fuse, it actually burned faster, seemingly due to the composition of the fuse being quite flammable. The bomb explodes right then and there, and Joe desperately, and difficulty, tries to throw it before it's too late. [6-2] Joe manages to throw it before it causes absolutely terrible damage, but the explosion from the bomb burns his Right Hand slightly, merely first degree and not dangerous. As Joe looks at the burns, however, an almost memory-like vision plays out. He sees a pair of Leather Gloves burned off of his hands, which appear burned and crisped. After the vision ends, Joe yells out before taking cover yet again, holding his own hands before looking at them with confusion, as though what he just saw never happened...

DigitalDemon clenches his fist, his Sans based mittens scrunching up. Demon finds the DETERMINATION he needs, and he quickly gathers the courage to try to keep the Sniper from attacking. He tries to get to the Sniper without dying himself. [10] Without even a chance to fire, the Snowtroopers watch as DD charges for the hill. The 501st Sniper also merely watches as Demon suddenly shows up in front of him. From Demon's perspective, he sees the world go black and white...
>ACT: Check
*HP: Unknown. DEF: +3
*A Clone of Bounty Hunter Jango Fett, kept in the Empire by Vader himself. An expert in Marksmanship. [+2 to Fire]
>ACT: Appeal to Humanity.
*You try to appeal to the Marksman's humanity, rather then the Empire's conditioning or the mission provided. [4+2]
*It almost works. He puts away his gun, but you know this is just a distraction to him...[No Action This Turn]

Hawk, looking at the chaos with a heavy head, takes out his Buffout and takes a tablet. He begins taunting the Snowtroopers, saying, "Hey! Stormtroopers! Guess what? I just took a drug that'll let me destroy you. Just run, while you-...you...I THINK THE DRUGS JUST KICKED IN! Goddamn Stormtroopers! If I can't hit you with guns, then I'll just bash your skulls in!, before pulling his Wrench out, and charging to the Snowtroopers, his proximity allowing him to chain his attacks!

[4+2 v 3+2] While Snowtrooper Armor is as resistant as normal Armor, the Wrench connecting with the helmet of the Snowtrooper still dents it slightly, causing Snowtrooper #1 to back off slightly.

[1+2 v 3+2] Snowtrooper #2 dodges the Wrench strike, but still backs off to range to hit the Drugged Wiki-Warrior.

[3+2 v 10+2] [6 v 1+2] Hawk tries to hit Snowtrooper #3, but his wrist is suddenly grabbed! Snowtrooper #3 then knees Hawk right in the chest, and Hawk feels, what seems to be, ribs cracking. #3 then backs off as well, though instead of checking his blaster, he merely cracks his knuckles.

[8+2 v 5] Despite the broken Ribs, the pure Adrenaline in Hawk's veins prevent him from actually feeling any pain or weakness as he smashes his Wrench into the last Snowtrooper's skull, cracking and denting his helmet. As he falls to the ground, he drops his blaster before falling unconscious, his last real sight before going under being the terrifying visage of the Robed, Drugged, and Melee Focused Wiki-Warrior grinning, despite the broken ribs...

ATH, in his MEKA, checks everything he can to find a place to flank the Snowtroopers, and finish this Skirmish. [9] ATH goes to the Snowtroopers' Left, which catches them off guard! [2+2 v 2+2-2] One Snowtrooper gets his arm grazed, which causes him to clutch at the wound in pain. The other three drag him off to behind the hill, back to wherever they came, leaving only the Sniper and whatever Stormtroopers will drop from the AT-AT.

As BiggerFish grovels in pain, the Memory Flashes seem to haunt his senses. Memories continue to flow into BiggerFish, the images playing through his brain making it impossible to look away. He begins to remember the Beatles, a young British girl, a One Eyed Soldier, and his...death. He remembers everything. After his memories flash, BiggerFish sees his most powerful form...Khepri, the Egyptian Beetle God. Due to it being a very powerful form, he needs to try, but his memories returning means it will be easier. [6+2. Theme of Powerful Transformations!] BiggerFish feels heavy pain...before suddenly feeling immense power! His teeth begin to gnash and grind before transforming into very sharp fangs. He feels what feels like Antennae grow into his head, burrowing into his skull. He feels his arms and legs begin to section out, before fusing back, creating 6 limbs. He sees his skin go a rich brown before hardening into a Carapace, a natural armor growing around him. Finally, he begins to shrink down to a reasonable Beetle size, only around a few inches tall and wide. The transformation is complete, and BiggerKhepri has risen once again! BiggerKhepri waits to value his targets up, before looking for his equipment. [8] He keeps all his items, and stays in his form, ready to burn everything...

((Auto'd)) Ukrainian Ranger, LordPorkins, and Ragenaut all take cover, as the battle seems to be taking a large turn, though for the better or the worse is unknown.

((Auto'd)) Beirus sits in the Helicopter, now above Echo Base, with the Operator seemingly being the driver, and the rest making conversation as though that's normal. Looking down, he sees the AT-ATs, and the Wiki-Warriors.
-----------
The AT-AT doors open, and Stormtroopers begin to rappel down! ...[5 v 1] One of the Stormtroopers gets hit by a Blaster Bolt, and dies instantly! At that, everyone looks to their left to see some Rebels charge to them. The two squads begin exchanging fire! Blaster Bolt after Blaster Bolt flies through the air, as one Rebel runs up to the Wiki-Warriors, before she says, "Hello. Ara Taarjak. I'm with the Rebel Alliance. If you have anything to do here, do it now. We need to move to Echo Base.", before she pulls out a Blaster Carbine, and takes cover as well!
------------
"So...what are they? Clones? Robots? Tell me...who are you, and what are they?" "...The end of days. As for them, and what my purpose is...it no longer matters."
----------
BSN: Plot! Vagueness! Deus Ex Machina!

...Actually, other then the normal oddities which happen all the time, nothing really. TO THE SHEETS!

...Okay, I apologize for the delay. I fell asleep while typing due to the time when I was doing this initially. At this point, I should just say that the turns will come tomorrow. Also, since Porkins and Ragenaut weren't here for 4 Rounds (Rounds 0, 1, 2, and this one) I'm handing LordPorkins's actions to Beirus and Ragenaut's to Elephant Parade. Also, I'm debating removing the names of the articles from the sheets, and just referring to the URL, like in Chapter One. It might help make these come out a bit faster, but I don't know. That is all, you can go back outside if you want.
-----------
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Intrigued (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukrainian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: LordPorkins (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DigitalDemon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ragenaut (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 01:48:58 am by Greatness942 »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 02, 2016, 07:18:20 pm »

"Ah.  I see I came back."

"Well then."

Time to cook some fancy Stormtroopers.  And a Darth Vader.

Take to the skies!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 02, 2016, 07:27:25 pm »

I then thought to myself a little bit, something was defiantly...off with that.... memory? Vision? It doesn't matter, something happened and i will find out soon enough. Regardless its time... TO CHARGE!!!!

get to the sniper trooper and CHARGE!!!
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 02, 2016, 07:29:00 pm »

"Well then."

Take to the skies!

Khepri can fly? Didn't know that. Or, can he? I don't know.

EDIT: Just looked it up. Most species of Beetle have wings. So I'll allow it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:54:50 pm by Greatness942 »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 02, 2016, 07:29:32 pm »

Eh, worth a shot. Well, let's get serious.

Get my mic back. Follow the rebels if most of the team does. If not, follow my fellow warriors into battle. Start rapping about how much better we are than the empire to raise the team's spirit/morale, including the rebels if possible.

This is a terrible idea. Let it be known that if I die this turn, I died spitting mad fire. Was kind of planning on actually shooting things, but I'll give this a go. I'd be willing to lend one of my shotguns to someone who is without weapons. (Basically just Ukranian Ranger, Porkins, and DigitalDemon.)

(You actually called me Intrigued in the spoiler. It was just a turn of phrase, but you actually did it. I laughed far too long about that. Yep, my character's name is officially Sir Intrigue. Is Intrigue his last name or his first? Answer: Yes. Anyway, I just remembered pokemon has more than a few moths and butterflies. Butterfree, Beautifly, Vivillon, Dustox, Mothim(It's in the name), maybe even Venonat. I'm probably forgetting some. There's a good few decent bugs. Not just Volcarona(Which isn't the best fit for the moth family, admittedly). Still not a power I plan on using too much as of yet.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 02, 2016, 07:30:09 pm »

(Waaaaait.  What about Mothra?)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 02, 2016, 08:00:38 pm »

@Person: I knew it was a turn of phrase, but I can't resist a good/stupid joke. Your character will be Sir Intrigue, now. Answer: Yes? Alright. Perfectly alright. The spoiler will go back to Person, because it's the Username of that player, but your character name shall be Sir Intrigue.

And if you were just joking about changing it...too bad, it's Sir Intrigue now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 02, 2016, 08:17:45 pm »

"Well then."

Take to the skies!

Khepri can fly? Didn't know that. Or, can he? I don't know.

EDIT: Just looked it up. Most species of Beetle have wings. So I'll allow it.
Dude, Khepri pushes the literal sun.  He can fly.  ;P
Sigtext

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 02, 2016, 08:34:57 pm »

@TBF: You seem to keep having amazing points that I didn't think about. I suppose any Deity can fly, so that's another reason. Plus the forgotten fact that Khepri's a Sun God, so...yeah. I'd tell you to stop, but you are amazingly helpful, dude.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 08:41:13 pm by Greatness942 »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 02, 2016, 08:48:36 pm »

You know, there's this thing called Wikipedia, I don't know if you've ever heard of it...  ;P

Nah, but I do just have a lot of random factoids bouncing about, so I'm glad that they're coming in handy.  ;P
Sigtext

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 02, 2016, 08:57:18 pm »

You know, there's this thing called Wikipedia, I don't know if you've ever heard of it...  ;P

Nah, but I do just have a lot of random factoids bouncing about, so I'm glad that they're coming in handy.  ;P
I give that sarcasm, happiness.  :D

And they are coming in handy in case I forget something. Sort of brings in the "you learn something new everyday" theme this thread has.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 02, 2016, 09:21:53 pm »

Indeed.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 106